Dirty tactics by the Roos?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

Re: Dirty tactics by the Roos?

plugger66 wrote:I wish we played like that. We did against the Blues but have since lost a bit of mojo. All I saw was a good tough game with both sides giving as much as each other.
Agreed that both gave as much as they got but really it worked against us.

Not for the first time this season we seemed to be out on our feet half way through the last quarter and yet the Kangaroos kept running. I know some of that will be to do with having 1 less on the bench but I can't help think the amount of energy that was wasted getting physical could have been used to run out the game.

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
HelenR
Club Player

After the Saad incident the goal umpire made a note of the incident and I did see the field umpire speak to Firrito shortly after and point to the area on the field where it happened. Hopefully Firrito gets looked at by the MRP.

Buckets
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:I wish we played like that. We did against the Blues but have since lost a bit of mojo. All I saw was a good tough game with both sides giving as much as each other.
Were you at the game Plugger?

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Sobraz
SS Life Member

melton girl wrote:heard something was said to Milne and it was in the line of what Malthouse said a few years back but alot worse.
People on the fence heard what was said they think it was disgusting.
Don't blame him for getting heated he has taken this for 8 years.
If this is the case, it must be investigated under the Will Minson precedent... Players should not be able to get away with this sort of revolting language considering the amount of press and harm it has caused...

Milne certainly looked very upset and almost sad when he was on the bench... Once again, the AFL will let it slide..

Buckets
SS Life Member

Sobraz wrote:
melton girl wrote:heard something was said to Milne and it was in the line of what Malthouse said a few years back but alot worse.
If this is the case, it must be investigated under the Will Minson precedent... Players should not be able to get away with this sort of revolting language considering the amount of press and harm it has caused...

Milne certainly looked very upset and almost sad when he was on the bench... Once again, the AFL will let it slide..
Perhaps it's time that those who heard the comment on the boundary make it know to the AFL and the media? Bit of public pressure might be the only way to go...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:

That's the whole point though.

It's all decided on if the person it's directed at is offended.

Unless Milne reports it...

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Errrrrr.....Steven Baker? ring any bells???? To most other clubs he was a mongrel, but he was OUR "mongrel" I wouldn't be in TOO much of a hurry to seek the high moral ground on this issue. Though North did play the man more than the ball yesterday

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Buckets
SS Life Member

thejiggingsaint wrote:Errrrrr.....Steven Baker? ring any bells???? To most other clubs he was a mongrel, but he was OUR "mongrel" I wouldn't be in TOO much of a hurry to seek the high moral ground on this issue. Though North did play the man more than the ball yesterday
The thing was that with Bakes if he did something wrong I was all for him getting punished, I don't believe that anyone should play outside the rules. That's why im frustrated that Firrito and Harvey have been let off.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Unfiortunately we don't seem to have an enforcer like a Bakes, G train, or Hammill right now.
Armo and Geary are probably our two hardest players.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
GRAMophone
Club Player

Was not impressed by the sniping I saw up the Lockett end. Another was the incident where Fisher ended up hurt and prone on the ground near the goal square after a gutsy ?effort to spoil. One of the snipers (can't remember which one) pushed him into the ground whilst clearly hurt. Pretty weak - got me fired up. Fisher left the ground immediately with ?shoulder problem. Was clearly still sore when he returned.

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
Gurgman
Club Player

Come on boys , so it was Norths tactics that cost us the game was it , Lets face it we didnt deserve to win the way we played so stop clutching at straws trying to blame others for our poor effort .

And i thought this was a forum
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

+1

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
St Michele
Club Player

The Redeemer wrote:Brent Harvey gets to go home and bang a whale looking dog pig.

Case closed.
That is a disgraceful comment referring to his wife like that. Keep it about football not personal comments.

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
Gurgman
Club Player

The Redeemer wrote:Brent Harvey gets to go home and bang a whale looking dog pig.

Case closed.
You need to go and support Collingwood speaking like that , you will fit in just fine .

And i thought this was a forum
GRAMophone
Club Player

Gurgman wrote:Come on boys , so it was Norths tactics that cost us the game was it , Lets face it we didnt deserve to win the way we played so stop clutching at straws trying to blame others for our poor effort .
I don't think anyone's suggesting that this stuff had any effect on the result. Just a flavour of weak sniping that plenty noticed.

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED