One thing I love about Watters

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: One thing I love about Watters

joffaboy wrote: If you only knew what Paul Roos does about the reasons Lyon left, you may have a bit more understanding.
Do you know?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:What's this thread got to do with Ross?

Quite simply LeoJ, the kool-aide drinking lemmings who slavish praise on a coach whose team is 10th dont like the truth.

They are blinded by insular parochalism and one eyed bias.

Just because I mentioned that his record so far is shabby and the unconditional love being bandied about was being put into perspective, we get falsehoods from skeptic who brought Lyons name into the thread as an attack on me.

I defended my position, I also defended Watters and stated that he needs to be at our club for at least FIVE years.

Basically for some on here it is

St.Kilda person = good
Everone else = bad.

Now Lyon is a non Staints person he is bad. Comparisions on 2007 to 2012 are laughable and the argument and myth was destroyed by me in an earlier post.

I am happy Watters is coach. I am happy Lyon is gone. But this constant hate fest by some on here is bordering on hysterical.

Some on here would be apt replacements for Ray Hadley, and Rebecca Wilson on the hyperboleridden, fawning, over the top (bordering on racist) swimming coverage.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
joffaboy wrote: If you only knew what Paul Roos does about the reasons Lyon left, you may have a bit more understanding.
Do you know?

Only second hand, but my source is reliable.

it isn't drastic but i think more favourably of Lyon and less favourable of one person at the STKFC.

But life goes on. We have all moved on since then (well some of us have)

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
#gosaintas
Club Player

Who cares why Lyin left...I just thank the footy gods that he did. We were becoming unwatchable under his reign. If we had a decent coach in those years we would already have another flag in the cabinet.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I've heard that performance indicators were added to the contract late?

Personally I believe the admin was spooked by the 'end of an era vibe' he was alluding to, he himself was talking like it was over, which was strange for a 'career coach'

As to your other comments about praise lavished on Scott, I think the forum has been very measured about him, and are prepared to see how he goes. It's not his fault Ross left, not sure he attempt to mimic the RL way.

One thing the thread title says, just one thing.

So no, I don't think you're being objective, else you'd be perfectly prepared to let a forumite highlight something he likes about Scott without feeling the need to go the whole 'but Ross did this and that'

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

#gosaintas wrote:Who cares why Lyin left...I just thank the footy gods that he did. We were becoming unwatchable under his reign. If we had a decent coach in those years we would already have another flag in the cabinet.

Its posts like this that really just lose all credibility. Surely if RL was that bad we would be in the top 4 now seen that a bad coach got us top 8 last year.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Comparisions on 2007 to 2012 are laughable…
I'll agree with the first part, one of those years had a group of All Australian stars entering their prime, the other a group of stars well past their prime…

This thread is simply pointing out the enjoyment of seeing young players getting a few games in a row to develop, which of course is easier to do when you are not a genuine premiership contender. I'm sure Ross would be doing similar if still coaching, as he started to more last year…

I don't think this has to be a
Scott - good, ross - bad scenario everytime someone is positive about Watters.

take a deep breath.

jimmy_slats
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:

Quite simply LeoJ, the kool-aide drinking lemmings who slavish praise on a coach whose team is 10th dont like the truth.

Just because I mentioned that his record so far is shabby and the unconditional love being bandied about was being put into perspective, we get falsehoods from skeptic who brought Lyons name into the thread as an attack on me.

I defended my position, I also defended Watters and stated that he needs to be at our club for at least FIVE years.

St.Kilda person = good
Everone else = bad.

Now Lyon is a non Staints person he is bad. Comparisions on 2007 to 2012 are laughable and the argument and myth was destroyed by me in an earlier post.

I am happy Watters is coach. I am happy Lyon is gone. But this constant hate fest by some on here is bordering on hysterical.

Some on here would be apt replacements for Ray Hadley, and Rebecca Wilson on the hyperboleridden, fawning, over the top (bordering on racist) swimming coverage.
Joffaboy... and i stress that last part of your name!!! This thread is about a persons opinion of what he or she thinks that our coach is doing right and i would say that a vast majority on hear would agree with regardless of where we currently sit on the ladder.
Why do you make it your mission to shoot down anyone's positive opinions of this clubs again and again? If you have an issue with how the club is not meeting your standards please feel free to start your own posts about these where i am sure all the people that agree with you can talk all you want about it.
Please stop bombarding these positive posts about the club with you negitive agendas and just let the people who would like to discuss the positive side of things do so with out people like you just taking everything away from what started as a very good thread and now tainted by your constant negativity.... grow up joffa.... BOY and let the people who would like to discuss positive views on the club do so

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote: One thing the thread title says, just one thing.

So no, I don't think you're being objective, else you'd be perfectly prepared to let a forumite highlight something he likes about Scott without feeling the need to go the whole 'but Ross did this and that'
Glad the title wasn't "Two things I love about Watters"

May have gone on for 50 pages :shock:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Comparisions on 2007 to 2012 are laughable…
I'll agree with the first part, one of those years had a group of All Australian stars entering their prime, the other a group of stars well past their prime…
The injury toll was horrific, and Watter has young mature bodied players this season not available to Lyon in 2007. Your point is moot.
dragit wrote:This thread is simply pointing out the enjoyment of seeing young players getting a few games in a row to develop, which of course is easier to do when you are not a genuine premiership contender. I'm sure Ross would be doing similar if still coaching, as he started to more last year…
I would agree with this. And I would be critical of a "i love Ross Lyon" thread if we were in 10th spot
dragit wrote:[I don't think this has to be a
Scott - good, ross - bad scenario everytime someone is positive about Watters.

take a deep breath.
seems to be that because i haven't joined in the love fest, i am being attacked by the baying mob :|

Go figure - like that doesn't occur on here when there is a disscenting view on here.

Seems pretty typical.

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

jimmy_slats wrote:Joffaboy... and i stress that last part of your name!!! This thread is about a persons opinion of what he or she thinks that our coach is doing right and i would say that a vast majority on hear would agree with regardless of where we currently sit on the ladder.
Why do you make it your mission to shoot down anyone's positive opinions of this clubs again and again? If you have an issue with how the club is not meeting your standards please feel free to start your own posts about these where i am sure all the people that agree with you can talk all you want about it.
Funny. Ithought this was a thread for discussion. Are you attempting to silence my opinion because it doesn't conform to the prevailing orthodoxy? Or are you just a controlling twat?
jimmy_slats wrote:Please stop bombarding these positive posts about the club with you negitive agendas and just let the people who would like to discuss the positive side of things do so with out people like you just taking everything away from what started as a very good thread and now tainted by your constant negativity.... grow up joffa.... BOY and let the people who would like to discuss positive views on the club do so

Who made you king of the internet you feckless cabbage? Unless you are a moderator a big FU. I have a right to my opinion. You dont like it? Tought titties sunshine. Cry me a river.

Oh and for the negative agenda's - dont make BS up that you cant back up. I will deconstruct your infantile jibberish and make you look more foolish than you already do.

But do carry on, couldn't think any less of you than I already do :roll:

Lance or James??

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote: I would agree with this. And I would be critical of a "i love Ross Lyon" thread if we were in 10th spot.
Yes, but I didn't think this was an "I love Scott Watters" thread.

It's an "I love one thing about Scott Watters" thread.

There is a difference that you seem to be missing.

We may have to wait until he wins us a flag to really love the bloke. But in the meantime we can love certain things he does.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:…make you look more foolish than you already do.
Can't promise the same in return :D

jays
Club Player

aggree

Austinnn
Club Player

Dear me, this is an abysmal hijacking of a good thread.

Sad face

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

This thread has turned to s***. Should start posting nudes IMO.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:Dear me, this is an abysmal hijacking of a good thread.

Sad face
don't you love it when some know nothing clown comes on here and blandly states."if you knew what i know/or some other clown knows wink wink...but won't tell you what it is they know........give me a break ffs.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

same poster who has been hijacking threads for years too with his vitriolic abuse of anyone who has a contrary view to his warped one.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I must say i dont get the hijacking of threads. It takes a .01 of a second to skip something if you dont like it. JB is good reading even if I disagree with what he says sometimes. There are people who stay on topic that you wouldnt waste your time reading because they may some insightful things like plus 1. Might be on topic but doesnt really add much. Anyway I am off topic so skip this rubbish.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:This thread has turned to s***. Should start posting nudes IMO.
viola

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I usually save those for plugs & bignote, but seeing as you asked…
Sure fire way to bring a loose thread to a halt generally.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Old Mate wrote:This thread has turned to s***. Should start posting nudes IMO.
viola

that photo is actually sick making......not that there is anything wrong with it.... :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Thought for a second the bloke getting his nipple sucked was St Kilda's own Michael Gardiner.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:

St.Kilda person = good
Everone else = bad.

I still don't know what it has to do with Ross?

Because you like Scotty you hate Ross?

I think you jumped the gun on this one Joffa.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I understood that after having a fairly autonomous control over all aspects of the football department he felt completely usurped by the appointment of Pelchen. I heard Freos manager today saying he had them in at 6.15 this morning and suggesting Ross was "a perfectionist" with somewhat of a connotation attached.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Roosey and JB. They know all. Just wont explain to us meer mortals. It must be pretty high tech classified info. I could tell ya, but I'd have to kill ya, kind of stuff.

Not interested in your story unless you tell a story. Big noters.