Rumour Thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Rumour Thread

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Plugger same could be said about Tarrant ... Was only ever going to be a forward ... Until suddenly he was a defender ... Not saying it will happen but it can happen

Yep the 2 mentioned went back. Much easier. Anyway I doubt Raph will be playing AFL footy next year but if he does i reckon it will be as HBF.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Is this a rumour...or speculation thread?

Lets stick to rumours please.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Raph played forward for the majority of his junior career.

I agree that he would be a better player if played on a wing or HF.

andrewg
Club Player

One big rumor is if BJ goes Salopek is def coming to the saints

dragit
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:One big rumor is if BJ goes Salopek is def coming to the saints
oh god, please no. 27 year old who can't get a game at port.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Gumbleton

andrewg
Club Player

dragit wrote:
I think he would be a good pick up he is a very good kick, strong body. Give us much more than Peak ever did. We all know Pelchiloves players that can kick

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:
dragit wrote:
I think he would be a good pick up he is a very good kick, strong body. Give us much more than Peak ever did. We all know Pelchiloves players that can kick

Does he also like slow injured poor players?

andrewg
Club Player

True. not sure he is slow but he has had shoulder issues. But his manager says if BJ goes the saints are interested.

santazzi
Club Player

So.[/quote]

So?? P66 I always read your posts closely and I have deducted that you strike me as a reasoned person.......therefore, I am sure you would have grasped the essence of my post.........Clarke being successful in a forward position in another club, while we may say it is improbable we can never assert that it is impossible....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

santazzi wrote:So.
So?? P66 I always read your posts closely and I have deducted that you strike me as a reasoned person.......therefore, I am sure you would have grasped the essence of my post.........Clarke being successful in a forward position in another club, while we may say it is improbable we can never assert that it is impossible....[/quote]

Clarke has had 3 coaches who all have only played him back in the easiest position on the ground and he still cant make it. HFF is one of the hardest positions on the ground. Good luck to him. Seems like a really nice person and he is or was a sainter. I want him to make it at any club but I am pretty sure it will be as a HBF if he does.

jimmy_slats
Club Player

santazzi wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:Really?

Don't see it as being unusual to grab a fringe player at a club and reinvent him.

Happens all the time.

My rumour is Raph will never make it as a forward at any club. he is a running backman. That isnt a rumour thats fact.
P66.......is it not correct that Guerra was a forward with us? Look what the Hawks did with him....

do recall him kicking 7 against westcoast in 04 so he wasnt all that bad up the front

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
So?? P66 I always read your posts closely and I have deducted that you strike me as a reasoned person.......therefore, I am sure you would have grasped the essence of my post.........Clarke being successful in a forward position in another club, while we may say it is improbable we can never assert that it is impossible....

Clarke has had 3 coaches who all have only played him back in the easiest position on the ground and he still cant make it. HFF is one of the hardest positions on the ground. Good luck to him. Seems like a really nice person and he is or was a sainter. I want him to make it at any club but I am pretty sure it will be as a HBF if he does.[/quote]

How many games did he play under GT and Watters exactly. 3 coaches is mischievous as he would have been lucky to play 22 games under GT and so infrequently that I can't remember him having a position. Watters gave him about 3 games.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Clarke has had 3 coaches who all have only played him back in the easiest position on the ground and he still cant make it. HFF is one of the hardest positions on the ground. Good luck to him. Seems like a really nice person and he is or was a sainter. I want him to make it at any club but I am pretty sure it will be as a HBF if he does.
How many games did he play under GT and Watters exactly. 3 coaches is mischievous as he would have been lucky to play 22 games under GT and so infrequently that I can't remember him having a position. Watters gave him about 3 games.[/quote]

Which suggests he doesnt rate him.

noob
Club Player

We don't needs hacks we just need to develop our own properly. Good young talented kids will improve us not players that can't get games from other clubs.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Raph as a forward !
remember his first shot at goal in his first game .
kinda summed up his career !

In red white and black from 73
Burkey 1
Club Player

Salopek will be a good pick up, hasn't Judd got or had suspect shoulders, we all know what a player he turned out to be.

Now I"m not suggesting Salopek is as talented as Judd merely that Judds shoulders have stood the test of time.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Gumbleton
who?

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
who?

Frank Gumbleton. Played for North in 1977 GF.

suss
Club Player

Teflon wrote:
who?
Sounds like they're letting him go. Maybe he's behind Hurley- not sure. But he might be handy in the right team.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:My rumour is Raph will never make it as a forward at any club. he is a running backman. That isnt a rumour thats fact.

How would you know?

Skildir
Club Player

Would be happy with Gumbleton. 24 and lots of ability.

Bardon Saint
Club Player

I thought the news on Gumbleton is that he's been offered one year from Essendon but is not making any decisions until he returns from holiday.

Am not sure sure about Caddy. He's promised a lot but delivered little. Granted he's only just starting his career but I feel that some think he's a lot better then his actually is. His potential, well that's speculative but he hasn't started his career like some of the gun midfielders in the competition.

Cloke is simply offering too much for a good season and some glimpses of form here and there. A move to Carlton under Malthouse may see better form.

Salopek is linked with the Saints every year. Just because he followed the Saints as a youngster. The same way that BJ is linked to Carlscum.

Danyle Pearce - glimpses but appears a bit soft. Has talent but I think we have youngsters to replace him.

Rivers - talented but who would he replace on our list? Do we need another of his type?

Maloney: How old is this guy? Hard at it, i like him but with our current direction, probs a bit too old to consider

Broughton rumour - there's a new one. A possession accumulating half back that gets killed under Rossy for playing a tight tag. Not his style - probably hating his footy? Relatively young and can play mid.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Fev.

I win.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Sick Nal Danto
Club Player

Bomber supporters seem to be certain that BJ is going to Essendon next

The B n F speech does seem to go with this