James Frawley trade update

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: James Frawley trade update

seedy?!

thats not good :o

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Where there's smoke...

#1 Ryder fan
bigred
Saintsational Legend

A lot to like.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

I am actually thinking Dees will consider it. If they believe Dawes is worth 13, they may consider 13 and Farren is fair for Frawley.

Think about it, whilst Chip is contracted, he could just say he is going to walk anyway once he is out of contract via FA, just like Tippett has done. They are rebuilding and wont challenge in the next two years. Dawes is contracted too so its well aware of contracted players leaving.

Finally, I know Im rambling but as much as I want Caddy, Stevens and Frawley are a much better combination if you ask me!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Saintersss
Club Player

St Ick wrote:I am actually thinking Dees will consider it. If they believe Dawes is worth 13, they may consider 13 and Farren is fair for Frawley.

Think about it, whilst Chip is contracted, he could just say he is going to walk anyway once he is out of contract via FA, just like Tippett has done. They are rebuilding and wont challenge in the next two years. Dawes is contracted too so its well aware of contracted players leaving.

Finally, I know Im rambling but as much as I want Caddy, Stevens and Frawley are a much better combination if you ask me!
The difference is Melbourne don't want picks. They want experienced players, therefore I very much doubt they want to lose probably their best player at this point.

karnaby
Club Player

MC Gusto wrote:Where there's smoke...
:^)

It's a shame ignorance isn't painful
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:Where there's smoke...
There's an ashtray.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

What evidence is there that Melbourne or Frawley would entertain the idea of a trade?

A young tall defender at an excellent size with huge talent is not the kind of asset Melbourne would be looking to get rid of. He is one of the few players they have that consistently performs well at AFL level and is the kind of player you can build a defence around.

If he is available, then St Kilda should be doing everything in their power to get him. But I see absolutely no evidence of this and I don't see a trade happening.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Got this from truesainters, thanks thunda.

http://www.footballnation.com.au/afl...dawes-opening/

DESPITE some of its talent wanting out, Melbourne need free agency and the trade period to revitalise its list reports BRENT DIAMOND. MELBOURNE spent endless hours and money chasing Brisbane Lions tall Mitch Clark during last year’s trade period. He filled a gap for the Demons but not the gap it really wanted to be filled.
In fact this key gap – being up forward – hasn’t been filled since perhaps the loss of David Schwarz and David Neitz in the last decade.
It recruited Jack Watts as a No.1 draft pick in the hope of developing him into a key forward but he looks anything but one as he drifted up to the wing for much-needed form later in the season.
The raft of players that are set to leave the Demons – or more importantly want to leave the club – will evidently consume some airtime during the free agency period such as Brent Moloney, who has put his career on the line to forge a career elsewhere. Developing players Lucas Cook and Jordan Gysberts want out. Aaron Davey is believed to want out also although he should remain despite the events that threatened his career earlier on in the season.
Jared Rivers appears destined for Geelong or the Brisbane Lions. There were also rumblings that defender James Frawley may be bound elsewhere.
But despite the potential loss of talent, the Demons could do no worse than what they did last season. They need a list overhaul under Mark Neeld and free agency and the trade period to make it competitive on the field.
They need a target up forward and one that won’t shirk this issue. Collingwood’s Chris Dawes will do that.
They need some mobility and versatility around the ground and key North forwards Cameron Pedersen and Ben Warren can give them that.
They need some leadership in the midfield. Shannon Byrnes has already arrived and Farren Ray may also find himself at the Demons to inject some much-needed experience in the middle.
Certainly four or five new names won’t mean it will make finals but certainly it will help rebuild the club and prevent it from more hammerings that would have the fallen president Jim Stynes rolling in his grave.
Port Adelaide, Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney need to do the same and utilise free agency and the trade period as best as possible – otherwise it will face another horrendous season of more 100-point plus losses.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

read that - bit if a re hash on old stuff really.

Aussirules on BF also said hed heard we are trying to get it done but nit "super likely" so who knows.

Id also read Farren for Stephan Martin on there........Id take that...

“Yeah….nah””
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

mad saint guy wrote:What evidence is there that Melbourne or Frawley would entertain the idea of a trade?

A young tall defender at an excellent size with huge talent is not the kind of asset Melbourne would be looking to get rid of. He is one of the few players they have that consistently performs well at AFL level and is the kind of player you can build a defence around.

If he is available, then St Kilda should be doing everything in their power to get him. But I see absolutely no evidence of this and I don't see a trade happening.
Didn't Moloney win the B&F two years ago? He is pretty decent and they let him walk. They are getting a reputation of losing good players. When there was a rumour about Sylvia going either the Dees or his manager were real quick to say that one was BS...with that in mind, has there been anyone publicly deny it. Until its given the 'no effing way' treatment by his manager or Melbourne, then I will believe its a chance.

Also, Ray is experience and still has 5 very good years left. In effect, Dawes and Ray for Frawley doesn't sound entirely beyond the realm of impossibility... let me dream for 5 minutes at least! :wink:

Strength through Loyalty
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:Didn't Moloney win the B&F two years ago? He is pretty decent and they let him walk. They are getting a reputation of losing good players. When there was a rumour about Sylvia going either the Dees or his manager were real quick to say that one was BS...with that in mind, has there been anyone publicly deny it. Until its given the 'no effing way' treatment by his manager or Melbourne, then I will believe its a chance.

Also, Ray is experience and still has 5 very good years left. In effect, Dawes and Ray for Frawley doesn't sound entirely beyond the realm of impossibility... let me dream for 5 minutes at least! :wink:
Moloney was a free agent who had a crap year, has discipline problems and will be 29 next season. He was one of the better players at Melbourne but not the type they'd desperately hold onto while rebuilding. Frawley is a contracted gun key defender with 7+ years of very good footy left in him and seems to be one of the young leaders at the club. Very different cases there. Along with Grimes, Watts, Clark and Trengove, Frawley would be in the top priority category for Melbourne. No way would they take a full forward who kicked 16 goals in 23 games and a wingman who couldn't hold a spot in a team that missed the finals for Frawley.

If they are actually considering letting him go...then they really don't deserve to be competing in the AFL.

rexy
SS Life Member

Think Maloney would be a solid pick up, upgrade on Jones, hard inside mid who uses it ok! Crawley would be great but think Mitch Brown a more realistic option or Cam Pederson although I hear he is all but signed with Melbourne!

Maybe this year?
SuperDuper
Club Player

Melbourne will just bury themselves deepeer in the sh%t if they make bad trades that no other club would make. 4 for Dawes + Wellingham is a bad trade. Maybe 13/14 for the two or 2nd rounder for either, but 4??????? No way.
Byrnes is simply a AFL fringe player. That is all he is.

btw, we should go hard for Gysberts. Has as much chance as Caddy of being a gun IMO.. if Ray really wants out, trade them Ray + 3rd rounder for Gysberts.. gives them a good experienced player and us another good player in the 19-22 age range where we are building

andrewg
Club Player

Gysbetts looks good but not as a bash and crash clearance player, seems more outside. Caddy looks to be a big body, wins footy inside, tou as nails.

rexy
SS Life Member

andrewg wrote:Gysbetts looks good but not as a bash and crash clearance player, seems more outside. Caddy looks to be a big body, wins footy inside, tou as nails.
Was guys rest the one who did a number on BJ when we played them? If so get him just for the Essendon game!

Maybe this year?
Solar
Saintsational Legend

going to laugh so hard if this is true..... would be alot of "I told you so" going on!!!!

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
matrix
Saintsational Legend

surely its bullshite

doesnt the period start tomorrow?
or this morning even

and we've heard not a sniff of a credible rumor???

in that case

i expect him in a saints shirt by the end of the week

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

rexy wrote:
andrewg wrote:Gysbetts looks good but not as a bash and crash clearance player, seems more outside. Caddy looks to be a big body, wins footy inside, tou as nails.
Was guys rest the one who did a number on BJ when we played them? If so get him just for the Essendon game!
Jordie McKenzie... and no thanks :lol:

And Solar, I talk a lot of shite this time of year, so chances are I'll get one of them right and you heard it here first, told ya so!

Strength through Loyalty
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:going to laugh so hard if this is true..... would be alot of "I told you so" going on!!!!

And what if it isnt which it isnt. Do we get to say told you so like a little child. Happy for you or anyone else to show us all the rumours we have got right in the last 5 years before the trading period. Reckon there maybe about 3 right and 350 wrong. I will back another wrong but hope i am wrong.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Heard Watters was seen speaking to Brad Green. Word is that coach is interested in Brad playing and working at the club in a similar capacity to Brad Miller. Not sure if it's true or not.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

i hope we arent speaking to brad green - it wouldnt be a Trade any way

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Ralphy wrote:i hope we arent speaking to brad green - it wouldnt be a Trade any way
It would be a crime if we went anywhere near that turnip....

Will the Saints ever be classed as a good club ?
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Ralphy wrote:i hope we arent speaking to brad green - it wouldnt be a Trade any way
It would be a crime if we went anywhere near that turnip....
Yup!~

ThePunter
Club Player

If it is a deal like Richmond and Miller, Green would be rookied.

St Kilda has already upgraded Clinton Jones - the bloke who finished 2nd in the B&F tagging (while a whole bunch of Saints fans didn't notice him).

I think we're pretty right for young inside mids (Armo, Shuffles, Ross) so I'd be more interested in adding outside run, especially if Ray leaves.