Sen rumour

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Re: Sen rumour

savatage wrote:Brown is a KPD and nothing else. Hickey is a ruckman and nothing else. Martin is a versatile tall, they could all happily co-exist at St.Kilda.
Along with Kosi, McEvoy, Stanley and adding Lee who is 194+??... Thats a hell of a lot of key position, 194+ guys to fit in the 22... Obviously some will be playing 2's, most likely Kosi heads that list, but we wouldnt recruit the other 3, plus Lee, if they wern't earmarked for a senior spot...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:Brown is a KPD and nothing else. Hickey is a ruckman and nothing else. Martin is a versatile tall, they could all happily co-exist at St.Kilda.

Ashcroft just indicated that Suns are looking at the Saints offer for Hickey. Sounds like it will be a goer.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
savatage
SS Life Member

Yeah I'm surprised it hasn't been done by now! I reckon they're haggling about which round pick they'll give up/take.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
Along with Kosi, McEvoy, Stanley and adding Lee who is 194+??... Thats a hell of a lot of key position, 194+ guys to fit in the 22... Obviously some will be playing 2's, most likely Kosi heads that list, but we wouldnt recruit the other 3, plus Lee, if they wern't earmarked for a senior spot...
Well everyone was saying how few players over 191cms we had on our list in 2012, as compared to all other teams, so it looks like we're fixing that problem in a hurry :)

savatage
SS Life Member

Sobraz wrote:
Not a bad thing to have a couple hanging around in the reserves. I'd be staggered if Kosi lasts past this season, so we'll cover that transition nicely.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:

Ashcroft just indicated that Suns are looking at the Saints offer for Hickey. Sounds like it will be a goer.
Watched the replay of Saints v Suns at Metricon last night on Fox replay... The kid has very sticky fingers, and an awkward kicking action that goes dead straight... He has a lot of talent and is the one I'm most enthused about...

saint6709
Club Player

Martin's highlights reel looks as though he has potential - I am agreeing with those perplexed as to why collingwood needs to be involved in our trade with Melbourne - also agree that 'time will tell'

70s sainter
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
realdeal wrote:I don't do this trade on on principal. Collingwood making out like bandits. How do they always get trades levelled in their favor all the time.

Why wouldn't we just do a straight swap with Melbourne, Martin for Ray, instead of dropping in draft too?

Probably because the deal couldn't get done.

We drop a whole two spots - OH NO.

Collingwood get it OH NO.

lets see how it all pans out in the end shall we?

I still say F@#k em..........

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
realdeal wrote:I don't do this trade on on principal. Collingwood making out like bandits. How do they always get trades levelled in their favor all the time.

Why wouldn't we just do a straight swap with Melbourne, Martin for Ray, instead of dropping in draft too?

And the whole Draft tends to get a bit diluted & speculative once you get out to 40s and beyond. So the player the Saints were looking to get @ 43 will most likely be the player the Saints still get @ 45.
Last edited by Dr Spaceman on Fri 12 Oct 2012 4:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

70s sainter wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

I still say F@#k em..........
Well they say we have #43 and you have #45 say what you like

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rexy
SS Life Member

Obviously Ray Martin deal is secondary for Melb in getting Dawes, that is why Collingwood involved they are the ones who have the peice most wanted!

Maybe this year?
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Ray -> Martin trade okay, if Ray really wants out for more opportunity or whatever - I rate Martin (and Ray).
DP 20 alone should be enough for Dawes IMO. Saints should deal directly with Melb.....

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
BelfastSaint
Club Player

Confirmed - Dawes has chosen Melbourne as his preferred club. - AFL Trade radio

rexy
SS Life Member

Everyone loves a 3way,,,,,,trade

Maybe this year?
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:
Stefan can be depth, that's what we need...someone to come in if Ben or Stanley injured.

I like competition for spots.

SaintSimmo
Club Player

This is an intriguing trade. Stefan Martin can play full forward, full back or ruck. The question is where are we planning on playing him if the rumour is true??

As it has been stated many times before, we are going after Brown and Hickey...yet Martin can play both ruck and back (maybe not as well as Brown and Hickey though)

So where does this leave the Hickey and Brown trades?

It's all so confusing.

Sainter for life.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Maybe they've ditched the Brown option?

Dunno.

Could Stefan be groomed into a fullback? More of a Dustin Fletcher type option?

savatage
SS Life Member

Classic pinch hitter and nothing more IMO but a handy type to have!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

So can someone explain to me if the bench goes 2 - 2 next year, how this type will be handy?

He has only been playing footy since 2008, played basketball prior.

savatage
SS Life Member

He'd be handy in case any of our Key position stocks are out suspended or injured. Depth!!

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Dr Spaceman wrote: Well everyone was saying how few players over 191cms we had on our list in 2012, as compared to all other teams, so it looks like we're fixing that problem in a hurry :)
agreed we are not blessed with talls, & when you think that 194cm is not big nowadays
we need to address this quickly

Seeya
SaintSimmo
Club Player

In my opinion you don't trade to get a player to play in the 2's

Sainter for life.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

SainterK wrote:So can someone explain to me if the bench goes 2 - 2 next year, how this type will be handy?

I dont think it will be 2+2 next year according to the players association

Seeya
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:In my opinion you don't trade to get a player to play in the 2's
When you have a season where Ben misses 6 weeks, and Stanley about 10...I can understand it though.

rexy
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:So can someone explain to me if the bench goes 2 - 2 next year, how this type will be handy?

Maybe we will use him in the jump balls!

Maybe this year?