Trade Tampering

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SunburySaint
Club Player

Trade Tampering

I apologise if this has been posted somewhere as I could not locate it.

With the news out of Adelaide re: Kurt Tippet draft tampering. IF they were found guilty and did lose their first round draft pick (20) as a result. Would this mean that our picks then go from 25 and 26 respectively to 24 and 25 giving us a selection in the first round?

thanks guys

Now lives in Geelong...
Darren
Club Player

Re: Trade Tampering

It is a possibility!

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Have heard the Afl are taking this situation very seriously !

so adelaide will probably lose a fifth round draft pick !

In red white and black from 73
Saintersss
Club Player

Unlikely they will lose their draft picks, they will probably just receive a fine if anything. They haven't done anything terribly wrong.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

And you heard it first here folks!!! 8-)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78225&p=1270934&hil ... t#p1270899
way back on Mon Oct 08 1912, Dave McNamara wrote:
But wait, if The Telegraph is on the money... there's more..., it just keeps on getting better for those swines...
The Sunday Telegraph understands the Swans will only have to give up pick No. 42 in next month's national draft because of a clause in Tippett's contract with the Crows which allows him to go to the club of his choice for a second-round selection...
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Maybe our Saintas aren't the only ones to have written a really silly clause into a player's contract...?
The 25-year-old will get $4 million over four years.

It's believed the Crows offered $800,000-a-season for Tippett to remain in Adelaide, while Brisbane ($750,000) and the Gold Coast's ($700,000) weren't close to matching the Swans' deal.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-ne ... 6489649611
And how did they secure this bargain pick? Yep, salary cap greater than the other competing clubs whom they easily outbid...

They're now a chance for back-to-back hollow AFL-sponsored flags... :evil:

(Of course I'm going to ignore all my predicitions that were wrong, and instead just take this opportunity gloat and pretend that I am really Nostradamus.)

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Funny they let Ball and several others walk out in dubious circumstances but Sydney have been exposed by these South Australian fools, they must pay!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

sure i heard someone for the swannies explain the extra cash thing
theyh went out and got the cost of living for all the states blah blah
said syd was 15% higher
afl did the same and said bugger off its 9% higher

swannies guy then said so whatever the player is on payment wise say 200 grand, then has 9% added on top and thats what they get paid

what peeps are saying is that they save alot of those 9%s and then use that on other players and thats how that get a big name in
swannies completely deny thats whats happening and have said anyone can have a look at anytime and its all above board

anyhoo...something like that.

afl wont do squat to the crows
or to sydney
imo

SunburySaint
Club Player

thanks for the responses.... I highly doubt that Adelaide will lose any picks and just get the fine, but I was just interested to know what would happen if that was the case.

Now lives in Geelong...
gringo
Saintsational Legend

With the joel tippett deal looking shady what will the punishment be? Does that investigator ever find anything? So far the clubs have handed themselves in or players have exposed them. I still can't imagine how the Pies don't have salary cap issues ever when other teams seem to struggle.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I reckon they may get severely penalised...Andrew doesn't like his product being 'obviously' tampered with.

Batnoe
Club Player

Had a mate tell me on Monday that trade of the year is white for Tippett. He said its been done...
I laughed at the suggestion he just said to watch.. Maybe not totally out of question

Carn Saints
PLUGGER14
Club Player

And it gets bigger! Wonder if the crows think he was worth it.......

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/c ... 287t7.html

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Particularly given that every club has been on notice since Carlscum,
and considering the penalty dished out to Carlscum,
what the Crones have done is at the very least on par with what Carlscum did,
therefore the penalty should also at the very least be on par with Carlscum's penalty.

Hate the plastic artifical Crones, with their piously wonderful administration, their gawd-awful jumper and even more gawd-awful fans. :evil:

But I think I'm gonna be lovin' this little saga... :twisted:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The AFL should've investigated Adelaide months ago when their were reported suspicions of something strange re the Tippet deal.

Why didn't they investigate?

If Andy doesn't punish Adelaide via draft pick removals then we can safely say their is bias at at the AFL.

This rort is not at the same level as Carlscum's, but surely warrants some degree of draft pick penalty.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The AFL didn't touch Collingwood over the Ball manipultion I doubt they'll do anything here.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Fidelis
Club Player

There was a rumour in the weeks leading up to Bombers public play for Goddard that club backers were scrambling to raise 200-300K to "get him over the line". Ray Horsburgh's subsequent admission that he (through Toll) had offered to 'employ' Goddard was, understandably, denied as 'factually incorrect' by the club and I was surprised at the time that the media appeared to simply take their word for this and move on (http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/spo ... -hbdc.html). Perhaps a more vigorous investigation at the time might have given the AFL reason to believe that the Tippett deal is not an isolated case?

Faithful Even Unto Death
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:The AFL didn't touch Collingwood over the Ball manipultion I doubt they'll do anything here.

Because that was the same. Please at least come up with something similar if using an example.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:The AFL didn't touch Collingwood over the Ball manipultion I doubt they'll do anything here.

Because that was the same. Please at least come up with something similar if using an example.

Simply stating the AFL turn a blind eye to these types of things.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
SunburySaint
Club Player

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Simply stating the AFL turn a blind eye to these types of things.
The major difference I can see between the 2 deals here is that Ball wanted to go to collingwood, we couldnt get a deal done so he walked to collingwood for nothing. The "agreement" with Tippett was that he would be traded home to a QLD club, because he is a greedy mofo and wants more money at Sydney it has now brought it to light more. If Tippett had of stuck by this "agreement" and spoke to the QLD clubs I am not too sure whether this issue would have arisen and adelaide would probably " get away" with it.

IMO of course.

Now lives in Geelong...
markp
Saintsational Legend

SunburySaint wrote:
The major difference I can see between the 2 deals here is that Ball wanted to go to collingwood, we couldnt get a deal done so he walked to collingwood for nothing. The "agreement" with Tippett was that he would be traded home to a QLD club, because he is a greedy mofo and wants more money at Sydney it has now brought it to light more. If Tippett had of stuck by this "agreement" and spoke to the QLD clubs I am not too sure whether this issue would have arisen and adelaide would probably " get away" with it.

IMO of course.
Now it seems there's the matter of $200k promised 'off the books', you'd be naive to think it didn't happen elsewhere, and logic might suggest the clubs with deeper pockets would be better placed to take advantage of that.

Maybe the AFL is the reason there are more $100 notes in circulation than $20's! :wink:

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Fidelis wrote:There was a rumour in the weeks leading up to Bombers public play for Goddard that club backers were scrambling to raise 200-300K to "get him over the line". Ray Horsburgh's subsequent admission that he (through Toll) had offered to 'employ' Goddard was, understandably, denied as 'factually incorrect' by the club and I was surprised at the time that the media appeared to simply take their word for this and move on (http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/spo ... -hbdc.html). Perhaps a more vigorous investigation at the time might have given the AFL reason to believe that the Tippett deal is not an isolated case?

I seriously believe that the AFL don't want anything uncovered and just hope the clubs hide it well. they turn a blind eye and begrudgingly throw the book at the idiot clubs that don't bury the evidence. They would rather do a North Korea and hide the reality behind a wall of bulls***. Still funny how the investigator never actually finds anything. carlton was because the players like Fraser Brown were pissed that Elliott didn't come good with his paper bag. Same with Melbourne, same with Adelaide. The players outed their clubs not serious investigation.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Lauren Wood ‏@LaurenA_Wood
Latest is Adelaide has been "raided" by "AFL detectives". Advertiser reporting Tippett likely to be deregistered. Things heating up!
Retweeted by mickwarner

Wowee ohboy!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Lauren Wood ‏@LaurenA_Wood
Latest is Adelaide has been "raided" by "AFL detectives". Advertiser reporting Tippett likely to be deregistered. Things heating up!
Retweeted by mickwarner

Wowee ohboy!
And yet still, every now and then, some try to link us to his bro :shock:

We may not be able to get Mitch Brown. We may have to choose options. But please Saints, stay away from Joel Tippett (and of course his dad :wink: )

markp
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote: Advertiser reporting Tippett likely to be deregistered
Wow!

The whole city must be in shock....

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

This is some serious stuff, the kid is young....even if guilty, hope he has support as the backlash is going to be super harsh.