This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sign up Jayden POST Saints !

bad time of the year for spuds...there is an over supply and not too may buyers

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
evo
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:Seems he's anything from a Ferrari to an Edsel.

Thankfully we have a few experts at the club who can kick his tyres and decide whether to take possession of the keys 8-)
I'm thinking more Daewoo.

sax
Club Player

evo wrote:

Thankfully we have a few experts at the club who can kick his tyres and decide whether to take possession of the keys 8-)

But hey, you're probably just a lemon!

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Tall defenders in the upcoming draft...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Tall defenders in the upcoming draft...

So you're trying to make the point that some players this draft are tall defenders, and that Kevin Sheehan thinks they're all stars?

evo
Club Player

sax wrote:
evo wrote:

But hey, you're probably just a lemon!
Your the one pumping his tyres up.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:
Stephen Theodore wrote:Sorry for the ignorance, but who is he ?
And Wilbur's brother.
Can we get Ed as well?

what's wrong with Carol?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
iceman
Club Player

Pardon my ignorance bit has post been delisted by the tiges? My mate seems to think he is still Richmond listed...

sainterinsydney
Club Player

Rodda and Tippett would be the two I'd look at in that list--both already in the 90kgs.

saint6709
Club Player

rexy wrote:I have no opinion on Jayden Post and doubt whether those for or those against have a really informed opinion either, some may but most have probably only seen him play a few times!

My question is why do we appear so adamant that we must recruit anyone in a FB role, we didn't have anyone last year and it was not the sole reason we didn't play finals, part of it but not the whole thing. If we get no one able to play senior footy at FB for next year we will adapt, fisher Gwilt Simpkin Dempster Gilbert and Blake are all reasonable defenders!
your argument is reasonably sound - but once you start mentioning blake as an answer to our defense this year we are in trouble - he has been a great warrior and probably worth a spot on the list incase of 5-6 injuries - as he is very versitile..but I think we need a key back - Post looks good in the you tube clips - clearly has not been good - but could possibly turn that around -- I like the look of L Cook ( and no I haven't seen him play live)

BUT I think we need to try and draft a key back - who ever it is - is going to be a bit of a gamble ( good thing about that is they won't cost much) - but if 2013 is going to be a great year for the Saints I think we need to roll the dice

sax
Club Player

iceman wrote:Pardon my ignorance bit has post been delisted by the tiges? My mate seems to think he is still Richmond listed...
It's weird! This link says he's been delisted http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsa ... fault.aspx

Yet, here is the link to there list http://www.richmondfc.com.au/players/ta ... fault.aspx

He's the only delisted player still there.

And in this article, he's not mentioned http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

This is what he tweeted on Monday
Jayden Post ‏@jpost37
Thanks for all the support. Spewing it didn't work out, but I'll still enjoy watching the boys as they head towards success

So I am totally confused!! :? :?

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

He certainly has more ability than Dawson. His disposal is very iffy

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
sax
Club Player

I think Post has more potential than Mitch Brown to be honest!

He's a year younger & wouldn't cost $400k per season either!

FQF
SS Life Member

Joel Tippett seems to be our best bet.

He's 24 years old which fits right into our missing age gap and also means he will be fully developed to play immediately.

He's 197cm and 93kg which is the perfect sized player we are looking for.

And in terms of football ability, he won full back of the year in the SANFL. So if we are scouring the state leagues to find someone, then surely he needs to be seriously considered. We also know he is dying to get a second chance at playing AFL and it seems he would take any opportunity by the scruff of the neck.

We all know that not every player is ready to make it at 18, and there are endless examples of players only coming to fruition later on in their careers - whether they spent the time beforehand on an AFL list or not.

sax
Club Player

FQF wrote:Joel Tippett seems to be our best bet.

He's 24 years old which fits right into our missing age gap and also means he will be fully developed to play immediately.

And in terms of football ability, he won full back of the year in the SANFL. So if we are scouring the state leagues to find someone, then surely he needs to be seriously considered. We also know he is dying to get a second chance at playing AFL and it seems he would take any opportunity by the scruff of the neck.

We all know that not every player is ready to make it at 18, and there are endless examples of players only coming to fruition later on in their careers - whether they spent the time beforehand on an AFL list or not.
This would be his 3rd chance!

Rookie listed twice by Brisbane before going to Gold Coast. His dad would try to shaft us.

FQF
SS Life Member

sax wrote:

This would be his 3rd chance!

Rookie listed twice by Brisbane before going to Gold Coast. His dad would try to shaft us.

I don't buy that about his dad. His dad was just trying to look out for his son in a pretty tough environment, most dads would. Adelaide shafting themselves by making illegal contracts.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I don't mind where we get a FB and like both Tippett and Post. Both have talent but also have some question marks. Rodda is going to be a fair way behind because he's starting from scratch but looks long term a good get. Post or tippett will come cheap and give us time before someone can develop into that role.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

look...plenty of posters on here thought that zac dawson was a dud...and they werre right.... :wink: ......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:look...plenty of posters on here thought that zac dawson was a dud...and they werre right.... :wink: ......
I don't think Zac is a dud -more just wasn't strong enough on the really big forwards. He relied on his mobility, reach and speed. We actually struggled a lot more in defence once he left so good or bad we need someone to replace him. Ideally someone who is strong and athletic with similar attributes as Zac but huge upper body strength as well. Anyone know where we can get one?

Jiminy Wagga
Club Player

It's not the talent which is the issue its his attitude.. when he first arrived at Richmond he thought he had already made it ..I think he's a wonderful mark and skills aren't too bad but ithis lack of urgency and decision making is a concern.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Possibly true the write up he received in Inside Football was fairly impressive - apparently he hasn't been beaten by an opponent all year. Was also reported as a quality individual - hence will be another good option!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
bobmurray wrote:Tall defenders in the upcoming draft...

So you're trying to make the point that some players this draft are tall defenders, and that Kevin Sheehan thinks they're all stars?
I'm not making any point...i just listed what i found on AFL .com....you make of it what you will

dragit
Saintsational Legend

We should delist CJ and get Tippett & another FB, maybe Post... Brown cant get a game cause there are at least 3 tall defenders in front of him, yet he would be our #1 man... Says a bit.

Blake & CJ have done great things for us in the past, but I would prefer to have 2 young potential full backs on the list at this stage in our development. Obviously not every recycled player works out, so we need to try a few expecting to get one decent player in the end.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

dragit wrote:We should delist CJ and get Tippett & another FB, maybe Post... Brown cant get a game cause there are at least 3 tall defenders in front of him, yet he would be our #1 man... Says a bit.

Blake & CJ have done great things for us in the past, but I would prefer to have 2 young potential full backs on the list at this stage in our development. Obviously not every recycled player works out, so we need to try a few expecting to get one decent player in the end.
Agreed we need to draft two ready made key defenders this year and if that means CJ or Blake have to be delisted then so be it ! Both players are borderline and have had significant periods on the list which hasn't won a flag - time to be ruthless Saints!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

SO;

This Jayden Post character wasn't good enough to get a game in a team that finished below us in 2012. How is he going to help us stay ahead of his old club in 2013? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!