Hi Saintsational......again. Its been a long time!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

creepypolar
Club Player

Re: Hi Saintsational......again. Its been a long time!

um..i'm new here, so not really sure if Thommo is Grant or some impersonation(with you guys playing along)

Clarification? Thanks

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

creepypolar wrote:um..i'm new here, so not really sure if Thommo is Grant or some impersonation(with you guys playing along)

Clarification? Thanks
Reasonable question, however GT has confirmed it is him via his official Twitter account.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

bump

sorry, the thread had dropped down to third place on the main page

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:bump

That's because StTimWatson has just started a thread :P

beartalbot
Club Player

Thanks for your insightful comments Thomo in the early part of this thread. As a StKilda supporter for 50 years, I must admit my most enjoyable period other than a decade from the early sixties to the early seventies was the period that you were Coach. I distinctly remember saying to my two young sons in 2004-5 that this was a new era for the Club and that we would never have to go thru the shite we endured during the late 70's and 80's. The enjoyment of attending games where we regularly killed sides with big first quarter scores allowed us to relax for the rest of the game and thoroughly enjoy a big win by the club during this period. Unfortunately however, as usual this forum has degenerated to its usual schoolboy slagging match which has possibly turned you against returning to this sight, as it has done for other interesting posters. Again, I will only return to scan postings from informative and mature posters who have the interests of our great club at heart. Again thanks for you earlier truthful answers to genuine questions most true supporters needed answers to.
Last edited by beartalbot on Mon 10 Dec 2012 8:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

BEAR
matrix
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
matrix wrote:bump

That's because StTimWatson has just started a thread :P
funny you should say that
after your ahem 'one liner' with the blight word in it i thought about starting one with blighty in the heading
in fact i could reg a whole new usernam......never mind :twisted:

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

beartalbot wrote: Unfortunately however, as usual this forum has degenerated to its usual schoolboy slagging match which has possibly turned you against returning to this sight, as it has done for other interesting posters. Again, I will only return to scan postings from informative and mature posters who have the interests of our great club at heart. Again thanks for you earlier truthful answers to genuine questions most true supporters needed answers to.
It's SITE Goddamnit ... SITE!!!!

Get it RITE next time or it's back to the late 70's and 80's for you

:evil: :evil:

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
beartalbot
Club Player

Devilhead wrote:
beartalbot wrote: Unfortunately however, as usual this forum has degenerated to its usual schoolboy slagging match which has possibly turned you against returning to this sight, as it has done for other interesting posters. Again, I will only return to scan postings from informative and mature posters who have the interests of our great club at heart. Again thanks for you earlier truthful answers to genuine questions most true supporters needed answers to.

The last time I got scolded and corrected like this devil was by my English teacher in 1969, after i donged him I left school, are you related to him??

BEAR
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Hi Thommo, I have a question for you about " Blighty". One of your staff members regaled me with tales of Malcolm's bizarre behaviour during his brief tenure. If half of what I was told was true, it's a wonder you didn't sack him earlier. Was Malcolm's so called "dignified silence" after his demise due to his desire to avoid embarrassment if his behaviour was disclosed? I was told you even tried to save his bacon up to the very end. If true, it makes a lie of the scuttlebutt that you were the one who engineered his demise.

Come on Thommo, lift the lid. It's been more than a decade. If these stories are true, you should write a book about it. I wonder how Blighty might be perceived if these stories came to light. The St.Kilda FC, Rod Butterss and yourself might be largely vindicated, rather than condemned, for your actions all those years ago.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Gold Jerry, gold. Absolutely amazing stuff. Who's got the biggest tongue. 8-) :P :mrgreen: :roll:

Some cringe worthy stuff in this thread

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

I'm still anti GT. Which going by some of the posts, you probably already know as you seem very familiar with the site.

Nonetheless look forward to your thoughts on here. Disagreeing makes it interesting.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:Some cringe worthy stuff in this thread
Your idol not getting enough attention?

StThomo
Club Player

beartalbot wrote:Thanks for your insightful comments Thomo in the early part of this thread. As a StKilda supporter for 50 years, I must admit my most enjoyable period other than a decade from the early sixties to the early seventies was the period that you were Coach. I distinctly remember saying to my two young sons in 2004-5 that this was a new era for the Club and that we would never have to go thru the shite we endured during the late 70's and 80's. The enjoyment of attending games where we regularly killed sides with big first quarter scores allowed us to relax for the rest of the game and thoroughly enjoy a big win by the club during this period. Unfortunately however, as usual this forum has degenerated to its usual schoolboy slagging match which has possibly turned you against returning to this sight, as it has done for other interesting posters. Again, I will only return to scan postings from informative and mature posters who have the interests of our great club at heart. Again thanks for you earlier truthful answers to genuine questions most true supporters needed answers to.
Cheers Beartalbot. Thanks for your kind words. We made many mistakes. Sustainable success was our mandate. I reckon its a myhth that we were just a goal kicking maching without defence. the numbers dont say that. What it says that teams we were better than we usually crushed because historically the Saints could not do that and we had decades of pain at the hands of Ess, Coll, Rich and Carlton so when we had our foot on their throat it was "no mercy, no compromise". We felt it was a good way to earn respect and it mirrored our code of 100% effort, 100% team 100% of the time.

StThomo
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:Hi Thommo, I have a question for you about " Blighty". One of your staff members regaled me with tales of Malcolm's bizarre behaviour during his brief tenure. If half of what I was told was true, it's a wonder you didn't sack him earlier. Was Malcolm's so called "dignified silence" after his demise due to his desire to avoid embarrassment if his behaviour was disclosed? I was told you even tried to save his bacon up to the very end. If true, it makes a lie of the scuttlebutt that you were the one who engineered his demise.

Come on Thommo, lift the lid. It's been more than a decade. If these stories are true, you should write a book about it. I wonder how Blighty might be perceived if these stories came to light. The St.Kilda FC, Rod Butterss and yourself might be largely vindicated, rather than condemned, for your actions all those years ago.
I was summoned to a meeting where I was told the decision had been made and he was being sacked the following day. I could not believe as Director of Football I was not consulted but they said we knew you would talk us out of it. It was Jim Watts's initiative followed by Wal based on everyday activities and then the Board.

StThomo
Club Player

Spinner wrote:I'm still anti GT. Which going by some of the posts, you probably already know as you seem very familiar with the site.

Nonetheless look forward to your thoughts on here. Disagreeing makes it interesting.
Cheers Spinner. I am not here to win browny points or recruit followers. If u know me u will understand that generally my last feeling or consideration is "what people think about me". Entitled to your opinion and respect it. All the best.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:Gold Jerry, gold. Absolutely amazing stuff. Who's got the biggest tongue. 8-) :P :mrgreen: :roll:
Not a fan of everything GT did by a long shot. What always galled me was that Malcolm Blight was portrayed as a victim of St.Kilda's appalling culture and was treated disgracefully. The reason I asked the question was that for the entire length of his tenure, I heard nothing but bizarre stories about his behaviour, including his lack of effort and application. These stories came from those who were working directly with/for him. Considering he was paid a million bucks up front and another million for six months of allegedly slacking, I reckon it was a bit rich that the media portrayed him as a legend who was harshly treated, while Butterss and GT were painted as the villains.

Just to balance up the arse-licking quotient, 8856brother, GT and Butterss pulled one of the all-time howlers in appointing a man clearly past his use by, and who was, according to some close to him, not all that well in the above the neck area. Then again most of us were excited at the time he was appointed. Howler? Yes. The balls to make up for your mistake, despite the media flack that was sure to follow? Absolutely. i'd just like to learn the whole truth about what actually happened.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

beartalbot wrote:
Devilhead wrote:

The last time I got scolded and corrected like this devil was by my English teacher in 1969, after i donged him I left school, are you related to him??
1969 certainly was the era of free love - student/teacher relationships are frowned upon these days :wink:

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

biggest mistake that St. Kilda made was allowing Allan Jeans coach Hawthorn and then to make up for it we employ an idiot like Blight

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Actually I have just come up with a question for St Kilda's favourite number 18

GT would like to know your viewpoint regarding our sponsorship with Centrebet??

Do you see it ethically problematic that we are closely linked with a bookmaking company??
Last edited by Devilhead on Mon 10 Dec 2012 11:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:biggest mistake that St. Kilda made was allowing Allan Jeans coach Hawthorn and then to make up for it we employ an idiot like Blight
Didn't Adelaide employ that same idiot??

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

unfortunately had the passion then

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:unfortunately had the passion then
Didnt realise there was a requisite refined list of coaching actions that define the term passion :shock:

Blight was renowned for his eccentric and unorthodox coaching methods - maybe his supposed "non passionate" approach was part of his game

Is there anyone here that might be able to clarify Mr Blight's atypical modus operandi??

defacto
Club Player

no answer to my question :-(

guess we'll never know why we sent G Train down to hall during that final

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:unfortunately had the passion then
Didnt realise there was a requisite refined list of coaching actions that define the term passion :shock:

Blight was renowned for his eccentric and unorthodox coaching methods - maybe his supposed "non passionate" approach was part of his game

Is there anyone here that might be able to clarify Mr Blight's atypical modus operandi??
Getting lured out of retirement with a million dollar carrot was too good to refuse. He didn't give a s***, had nothing to prove and in the end was plain as dog balls