Hi Saintsational......again. Its been a long time!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

markp
Saintsational Legend

Re: Hi Saintsational......again. Its been a long time!

mr six o'clock wrote:I'm interested in a rat's toss bag !

What exactly is one ?
what does said rat keep in it's toss bag ? (obviously other than toss )
what is toss ?
where can i purchase one of these bags ?
And just why was he so unprepared or unable to distribute them freely?

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

I still luv you GT

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

not sure about love BUT
much prefer Grant to both his immediate successor & predecessor!

spert
Saintsational Legend

GT and RB did a great job in getting the club respected by its peers by winning, and by winning, new supporters were attracted to the club, but history is history and GT moved on- Lyon came and went and still no premiership #2. The work goes on, and hopefully SW can get the elusive 2nd flag. I would love to hear GTs opinion on the inability of the current board and management, to secure high profile sponsors.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:GT and RB did a great job in getting the club respected by its peers by winning, and by winning, new supporters were attracted to the club, but history is history and GT moved on- Lyon came and went and still no premiership #2. The work goes on, and hopefully SW can get the elusive 2nd flag. I would love to hear GTs opinion on the inability of the current board and management, to secure high profile sponsors.

i think that with the timing of the GFC it was just bad luck. If I was the saints I would be calling up the Egyptian government and trying to get some sponsorship from their tourism board. We have the colours of their flag, we have an Egyptian player it works all round. Otherwise some kind of money from asia like Korean car or appliance manufacturers or chinese government enterprises.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote: Then came the fiasco of GT's appointment. This is the part that pisses me off more than anything the regime did. They treated the supporters, members, media and sponsors like fools. RB and GT lied to us directly with the nonsense that a thorough search and selection process had been conducted to find the best available coach. To everyone's surprise, that person turned out to be a rookie, with no immediate experience of the AFL coaching regime. On top of that, this rookie was paid a reported $500,000 per year (remember it was over a decade ago now), meaning he was one of the highest paid coaches in the competition. Can you imagine such an appointment being made today? It took years for the truth to come out, even if we knew it all along. GT seemed like a naughty schoolboy when admitting it and it seems he was forgiven by the vast majority. IMHO it was outrageous, narcisstic and egotistical in the extreme and predictably it ended badly, when the once great mates fell out. As the great poet Rabbie Burns wrote, "Oh what a wicked web we weave, when first we practice to decieve."

While lamenting the fact that there wasn't enough money and resources to implement what GT wanted, there always seemed to be enough money to pay the coach an exorbitant amount. The recruiting budget at the time was around $70K per year, making it a miracle that JB could do his job at all. The next great deception was that the injury management wasn't appalling. I recall going to rehab at Cheltenham physio and seeing several saints sitting in the waiting room, waiting and waiting and waiting. One player lamented that he had seen several different physios during his rehab, including a couple of students working under supervision. Marvellous. Then again, they had to save dollars because of the lack of resources. Except when it came to the rookie coach's pay packet.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!

The one million dollar loan from RB made to GT for his Brighton mansion came at the very same time the rookie coach gets appointed with a $500,000 salary making him one of the highest paid coaches in the AFL at that time without any prior coaching experience at AFL level

Yet only 70,000 is spent of the FOOTBALL DEPARTMENT

The sham process, admitted to by Thomas years later involved him being paid way above the odds of what might be considered reasonable while the football department itself remained underfunded

This cost the club premierships IMO

The best list this club has ever fielded, the envy of the competition cruelled by poor fitness levels and soft tissue injuries fell short of the intended goal

By not addressing the poorly funded football department from the get go, while at the same time paying a rookie coach way over the odds to help furnish a million dollar loan repayment was the recipe for disaster that played out accordingly

Personal greed, a cash grab and inflated EGO at the expense of the football club as a whole was the achilles heel that derailed the ride from the outset

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Elvis has well and truly left the building.

Lock thread :idea:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
beartalbot
Club Player

barks4eva wrote:
White Winmar wrote: Then came the fiasco of GT's appointment. This is the part that pisses me off more than anything the regime did. They treated the supporters, members, media and sponsors like fools. RB and GT lied to us directly with the nonsense that a thorough search and selection process had been conducted to find the best available coach. To everyone's surprise, that person turned out to be a rookie, with no immediate experience of the AFL coaching regime. On top of that, this rookie was paid a reported $500,000 per year (remember it was over a decade ago now), meaning he was one of the highest paid coaches in the competition. Can you imagine such an appointment being made today? It took years for the truth to come out, even if we knew it all along. GT seemed like a naughty schoolboy when admitting it and it seems he was forgiven by the vast majority. IMHO it was outrageous, narcisstic and egotistical in the extreme and predictably it ended badly, when the once great mates fell out. As the great poet Rabbie Burns wrote, "Oh what a wicked web we weave, when first we practice to decieve."

While lamenting the fact that there wasn't enough money and resources to implement what GT wanted, there always seemed to be enough money to pay the coach an exorbitant amount. The recruiting budget at the time was around $70K per year, making it a miracle that JB could do his job at all. The next great deception was that the injury management wasn't appalling. I recall going to rehab at Cheltenham physio and seeing several saints sitting in the waiting room, waiting and waiting and waiting. One player lamented that he had seen several different physios during his rehab, including a couple of students working under supervision. Marvellous. Then again, they had to save dollars because of the lack of resources. Except when it came to the rookie coach's pay packet.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!

The one million dollar loan from RB made to GT for his Brighton mansion came at the very same time the rookie coach gets appointed with a $500,000 salary making him one of the highest paid coaches in the AFL at that time without any prior coaching experience at AFL level

Yet only 70,000 is spent of the FOOTBALL DEPARTMENT

The sham process, admitted to by Thomas years later involved him being paid way above the odds of what might be considered reasonable while the football department itself remained underfunded

This cost the club premierships IMO

The best list this club has ever fielded, the envy of the competition cruelled by poor fitness levels and soft tissue injuries fell short of the intended goal

By not addressing the poorly funded football department from the get go, while at the same time paying a rookie coach way over the odds to help furnish a million dollar loan repayment was the recipe for disaster that played out accordingly

Personal greed, a cash grab and inflated EGO at the expense of the football club as a whole was the achilles heel that derailed the ride from the outset

OK fellas, enough is enough, why don't you two start an anti GT thread of your own, leaving us the opportunity to ask the man general interest questions covering his years at the club that most supporters want answers to. This has become impossible since you hijacked the thread.

BEAR
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Sure. Let's not let some uncomfortable truths get in the way. I admire GT's passion and genuine love for the saints. I just believe he blew a great opportunity to achieve the ultimate. Surely he's not above scrutiny and criticism. He said he welcomed criticism, but I think history shows us that Grant most definitely does not.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

BTW, earlier in this thread I was accused of licking GT's arse! Go figure.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Sure. Let's not let some uncomfortable truths get in the way. I admire GT's passion and genuine love for the saints. I just believe he blew a great opportunity to achieve the ultimate. Surely he's not above scrutiny and criticism. He said he welcomed criticism, but I think history shows us that Grant most definitely does not.

Why is that? Because he isnt on here? Maybe he is away or maybe he reckons people talk s***. He certainly answered a few who had a go at him.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I just rang my mates at the Search and Rescue Squad. They're mounting a mission to extract P666 from GT's rectum. I doubt even that brave and competent group of men can manage that. He's up in there, a long way from the light!

beartalbot
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:I just rang my mates at the Search and Rescue Squad. They're mounting a mission to extract P666 from GT's rectum. I doubt even that brave and competent group of men can manage that. He's up in there, a long way from the light!
White Winmar wrote:from GT's rectum. I doubt even that brave and competent group of men can manage that. He's up in there, a long way from the light!
[/quote]

Mates?, I doubt it, there's nothing lower than vindictive humour I'm afraid...

BEAR
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

So you might save some of your invective for your mate p666. He's the one who has stated in this forum that he deliberately attempts to anger people and gains satisfaction from this past time. And I do have mates at search and rescue, including the boss. Doubt they'd take offence as they have a sense of humour.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Sure. Let's not let some uncomfortable truths get in the way. I admire GT's passion and genuine love for the saints. I just believe he blew a great opportunity to achieve the ultimate. Surely he's not above scrutiny and criticism. He said he welcomed criticism, but I think history shows us that Grant most definitely does not.

Why is that? Because he isnt on here? Maybe he is away or maybe he reckons people talk s***. He certainly answered a few who had a go at him.
Yes he did. With the usual flair he has for revisionism. Like you pluggsy, he's a narcissist who hates criticism, has delusions of grandeur and when things go pear-shaped, is quick to blame others and manipulates the facts.

beartalbot
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:So you might save some of your invective for your mate p666. He's the one who has stated in this forum that he deliberately attempts to anger people and gains satisfaction from this past time. And I do have mates at search and rescue, including the boss. Doubt they'd take offence as they have a sense of humour.

As an irregular poster on here, (mainly because I don't see too many positive threads to join), I have no idea who P666 is. As a Saints supporter for over 50 years, I visit all sights associated with StKilda to get as much news I can that we don't receive in the country, due to every paper only covering Collingwood, Carlton or Geelong stories. I have supported through good and bad (really bad) periods the club has endured, from the highs of the sixties, to the bad periods of the 70's and 80's. (Still haven't got over the loss as a 19y.o. in '71 after being up by 3 goals on Hawthorn at three quarter time). I and my sons started to feel positive and excited about this club again in the early 2000's, coinciding with the revival under Thomo and Butterrs. I did respond to this thread as it started positively and I was able to get answers from the horses mouth regarding events that occurred during this period. However I am disappointed as to how this thread has denigrated into an anti Thomo thread, thus completely diminishing any opportunity in getting any further answers from the only one who can give them.
My two mid thirties sons told me I was an old d**khead for even being involved in this activity and sadly I have to agree that I wish I had just stayed as an observer. Cheers......

BEAR
loris
Saintsational Legend

beartalbot wrote:

However I am disappointed as to how this thread has denigrated into an anti Thomo thread, thus completely diminishing any opportunity in getting any further answers from the only one who can give them.
My two mid thirties sons told me I was an old d**khead for even being involved in this activity and sadly I have to agree that I wish I had just stayed as an observer. Cheers......
Think those 2 mid thirties sons of yours might be incorrect if you dont mind me criticising members of your family "beartalbot".......................... you definitely IMHO aren't a d**khead........................ just polite.

There are ways to be constructively critical and ask probing or difficult questions............ sadly the education system or parental guidance seems to have been lacking in teaching such skills to some............ more's the pity eh?

Please keep posting :)

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

My point is if GT and Butterss had not let their egos and personal vendettas get in the way, you, me, your sons and every other saints supporter would now have another premiership or two to reminisce and get excited about. The Only reason we got excited about the GT years was that we were totally crap prior to that. In the end we got a ten game streak and no grand finals, an ugly public spat and a court case. Brilliant. As for you, Loris, I don't quite get your point, but I put some tough questions to GT in a very polite and mild manner and he chose not to answer them, probably because they challenged his revisionist agenda. He did answer the ones that suited his revisionist tendencies.

The reason why modern parenting and education asks or demands people challenge convention, is that we've moved on from the generation that was largely uneducated, bigoted, I'll-informed and sycophantic towards those in power. Thank goodness we've moved on from the fake civility and niceness of your generation. I hope you see the irony in your post in that you are being rude and sarcastic. Where are your manners?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes he did. With the usual flair he has for revisionism. Like you pluggsy, he's a narcissist who hates criticism, has delusions of grandeur and when things go pear-shaped, is quick to blame others and manipulates the facts.

Can I say you have never written so much s***. And why didnt you say that to him when he answered your questions. Either respect that he had the guts to come on here which is great or you were to gutless to say it after he answered it. I will go with the later.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

loris wrote: Think those 2 mid thirties sons of yours might be incorrect if you dont mind me criticising members of your family "beartalbot".......................... you definitely IMHO aren't a d**khead........................ just polite.

There are ways to be constructively critical and ask probing or difficult questions............ sadly the education system or parental guidance seems to have been lacking in teaching such skills to some............ more's the pity eh?

Please keep posting :)
Yep. Agree. Posters with balance and without invective are not so common. Good to have you posting Beartabolt.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

st.byron wrote:Yep. Agree. Posters with balance and without invective are not so common. Good to have you posting Beartabolt.
+1

Just don't get confused by thinking this is a football forum.

It was actually set up by psychologists to study narcissistic behaviour.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Why is that? Because he isnt on here? Maybe he is away or maybe he reckons people talk s***. He certainly answered a few who had a go at him.[/quote]
Yes he did. With the usual flair he has for revisionism. Like you pluggsy, he's a narcissist who hates criticism, has delusions of grandeur and when things go pear-shaped, is quick to blame others and manipulates the facts.[/quote]

Can I say you have never written so much s***. And why didnt you say that to him when he answered your questions. Either respect that he had the guts to come on here which is great or you were to gutless to say it after he answered it. I will go with the later.[/quote]
I cannot believe how stupid you are. Oh, yes I can. I asked him all the questions I wanted to. He answered the one that suited his revisionism and ignored the ones that were sure to cause him discomfort. That's all. Typical of his behaviour over time. i didn 't really expect anything else. You sprout your usual crap, without thought or logic. The man who admits he comes on here to deliberately antagonise others to get enjoyment from doing so. What could be more gutless than that? Pathetic. I used to feel sorry for you because I thought you were lonely and stupid. Now I know you are mentally ill as well. Hope you are snugly tucked up in GT's bottom.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Why is that? Because he isnt on here? Maybe he is away or maybe he reckons people talk s***. He certainly answered a few who had a go at him.
Yes he did. With the usual flair he has for revisionism. Like you pluggsy, he's a narcissist who hates criticism, has delusions of grandeur and when things go pear-shaped, is quick to blame others and manipulates the facts.[/quote]

Can I say you have never written so much s***. And why didnt you say that to him when he answered your questions. Either respect that he had the guts to come on here which is great or you were to gutless to say it after he answered it. I will go with the later.[/quote]
I cannot believe how stupid you are. Oh, yes I can. I asked him all the questions I wanted to. He answered the one that suited his revisionism and ignored the ones that were sure to cause him discomfort. That's all. Typical of his behaviour over time. i didn 't really expect anything else. You sprout your usual crap, without thought or logic. The man who admits he comes on here to deliberately antagonise others to get enjoyment from doing so. What could be more gutless than that? Pathetic. I used to feel sorry for you because I thought you were lonely and stupid. Now I know you are mentally ill as well. Hope you are snugly tucked up in GT's bottom.[/quote]

And you say you are well educated. That last line is what a 10 year old would say to his mates. I know who is mentally ill. Its the person who says he doesnt argue with idiots but takes 30000 posts to realise a person is an idiot in his opinion and then continues to argue anyway. And it a grown adult who finishes with a classic line that says I hope you snugly tucked up in GT's bottom.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Just like flared Jeans and cigarettes, this thread has run it's race. :cry:

Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:Just like flared Jeans and cigarettes, this thread has run it's race. :cry:
With the discussion now turning to the insertion of things in Grant's backside, I'd have to agree :shock: