Footy fix in the USA?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Footy fix in the USA?

So its a distinct possibility I will be re locating to the good ol US of A, Oregon to be specific, in the near furure to do a Reiwoldt and marry an American girl (yes ive already converted her to the cause) my question is do any of our Sainsational member is the US know where I can get my footy fix on TV or online?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Footy fix in the USA?

lots :wink: of good gun stores in oregon...you can stock up before the big freeze.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Majority
Club Player

deleted by author.
Last edited by Majority on Mon 31 Dec 2012 1:59pm, edited 1 time in total.

defacto
Club Player

Hurricane wrote:So its a distinct possibility I will be re locating to the good ol US of A, Oregon to be specific, in the near furure to do a Reiwoldt and marry an American girl (yes ive already converted her to the cause) my question is do any of our Sainsational member is the US know where I can get my footy fix on TV or online?

BANG BANG
PM me mate, i spent 4 years in houston. came back during the pies vs saints final in 2009.

i have some streaming sites you can use but they are private and shouldnt be passed around otherwise they might get shut down

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Liveafl.tv

It's legal and it's about $100 a year for every game

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
minneapolis
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote:Liveafl.tv

Kosi or anybody?

Is this true? Has anyone used this service from the USA? Does it actually stream properly?

I have had all kinds of trouble watching AFL here. I have drop out, freezing, loading every 15 seconds, the works. So frustrating I usually blow my top.

I would be happy to pay the $100 but every time I have used any official AFL video service it has been absolutely terrible.

Any comments folks?

Nothing better than a good Dad Joke.
shmic_s
Club Player

minneapolis wrote:

Kosi or anybody?

Is this true? Has anyone used this service from the USA? Does it actually stream properly?

I have had all kinds of trouble watching AFL here. I have drop out, freezing, loading every 15 seconds, the works. So frustrating I usually blow my top.

I would be happy to pay the $100 but every time I have used any official AFL video service it has been absolutely terrible.

Any comments folks?
I used it about 18 months ago for about 2 months while in the US. Was really good. Had no drop outs, was quite clear full screen on the laptop. Would recommend it. Make sure you have a good Internet connection.
Was paying month by month and had no issues cancelling it when I returned to Australia.

Also ESPN were playing one selected game each weekend.
Last edited by shmic_s on Wed 02 Jan 2013 8:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

Banger724
Club Player

minneapolis wrote:

Kosi or anybody?

Any comments folks?
Mate of mine works in Germany and uses this AFL service also, speaks very highly of it, no issues.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for the info guys.

Defacto thanks for the offer but id prefer to go about it legally even if I have to pay for it.

I hope I can get back for some games in the future or down to Colorado to watch training next year (if it happens again) I may struggle with just Gridiron and Baseball to watch

BANG BANG

minneapolis
Club Player

Thanks Banger and Shmic - finally after about 15 years I may get to see the Saints live or near live.

Usually the only game i see live all year is the GF.

smhic ESPN360 on the internet had one game per day but it was a bit iffy. ESPN on cable hasn't had any games for many years.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote:Thanks Banger and Shmic - finally after about 15 years I may get to see the Saints live or near live.

smhic ESPN360 on the internet had one game per day but it was a bit iffy. ESPN on cable hasn't had any games for many years.
Great to hear fella.

BTW, really enjoyed the few days we had in Minneapolis back in 2007. Brit's Pub had a real good feel about it. Could have easily spent a bit more time there but sadly had to move on.

karnak
Club Player

I use the AFL service.

get 7 live games per week, it's fantastic. 2011 and 2012 was really the first years since I've been living in the UK that I've felt that the AFL are actually serious about looking after international fans.

absolutely get it, you wont regret it.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
SaintlySaint85
Club Player

i'm planning on using the AFL app for my samsung galaxy tablet.. have used it to stream highlights packages and its good quality. here's hoping it holds out when its live.
based in edinburgh in the uk.. going to be some late friday nights and saturday mornings!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

SaintlySaint85 wrote:i'm planning on using the AFL app for my samsung galaxy tablet.. have used it to stream highlights packages and its good quality. here's hoping it holds out when its live.
based in edinburgh in the uk.. going to be some late friday nights and saturday mornings!
or Mondays with our Sunday afternoon games?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SaintlySaint85
Club Player

sunday afternoon will be around 5am sunday morning i think. twilight games at 4.40 back home will be either 2.40am or 6.40 am depending on daylight savings changes.. based on my rudimentary working out anyway. pubs here close at 3am - should leave just enough time to get home ;)

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

SaintlySaint85 wrote:sunday afternoon will be around 5am sunday morning i think. twilight games at 4.40 back home will be either 2.40am or 6.40 am depending on daylight savings changes.. based on my rudimentary working out anyway. pubs here close at 3am - should leave just enough time to get home ;)
your current time?
it's 1 am here Friday

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
minneapolis
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
minneapolis wrote:Thanks Banger and Shmic - finally after about 15 years I may get to see the Saints live or near live.

Great to hear fella.

BTW, really enjoyed the few days we had in Minneapolis back in 2007. Brit's Pub had a real good feel about it. Could have easily spent a bit more time there but sadly had to move on.
Hey Spacey,

glad you enjoyed MSP. It is a great place and Brits Pub is an institution. Did you play lawn bowls on the roof?

I love it here. MSP is a very liberal artistic friendly diverse city. The people are Swedish/German/Norwegian descent mostly and into art and social justice. Ofr example, they were the first state to give women the vote. Lots of rivers, lakes and parks. And of course, the Mighty Vikes and TWolves. The Vikes won the last 4 and had to beat The Packers in the last game to make the playoffs. We did.

I have 3 American daughters and a local wife. In fact, my two oldest daughters, 18 and 15, just flew to Melbourne for a 3 week visit. Hows that for a co-incidence?

And finally, I just want to repeat what I have said a few times before. A big thank-you to anyone who posts inside information, training reports, game reviews, up and coming player game reports, thoughtful opinions, player contact, or ex-coaches or player friends or relatives who post. It is really appreciated and much enjoyed.

This site is actually more important that the Herald Sun rubbish.

And I never miss a chance for a shout-out to the classy Loris.

In Saints We Enjoy.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:So its a distinct possibility I will be re locating to the good ol US of A, Oregon to be specific, in the near furure to do a Reiwoldt and marry an American girl (yes ive already converted her to the cause) my question is do any of our Sainsational member is the US know where I can get my footy fix on TV or online?

BANG BANG
Well done mate.

Now that we have the footy sorted out tell us all about your catch!

Any chance you can get her to live in Oz once the US is declared bankrupt and taken over by China?!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote:
I have 3 American daughters and a local wife. In fact, my two oldest daughters, 18 and 15, just flew to Melbourne for a 3 week visit. Hows that for a co-incidence?

In Saints We Enjoy.
do they have instructions to try and find Seaford and see who they may run into- more players back to training next week

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

minneapolis wrote: Hey Spacey,

glad you enjoyed MSP. It is a great place and Brits Pub is an institution. Did you play lawn bowls on the roof?

I love it here. MSP is a very liberal artistic friendly diverse city. The people are Swedish/German/Norwegian descent mostly and into art and social justice. Ofr example, they were the first state to give women the vote. Lots of rivers, lakes and parks. And of course, the Mighty Vikes and TWolves. The Vikes won the last 4 and had to beat The Packers in the last game to make the playoffs. We did.

Didn't get to play lawn bowls unfortunately. Stay was a bit short and it was bloody cold.

Arrived on the afternoon of Easter Sunday and a lot of he city was closed. We were getting mighty hungry till we stumbled across Brit's Pub. Monday was spent at the Mall Of America which Mrs Spaceman had learnt about during her Marketing studies many years back and which she had always had a fascination. And then on the Tuesday we just wandered around the city, doing some shopping (huge markdown sale at Macy's :D ) and checking out things like the Mill Ruins. Back to Brit's Pub for a meal before preparing for a 3:00am shuttle pickup. :shock:

Short stay but loved the city and the people were extremely friendly. If the opportunity arises we would definitely drop in again.

L.A. Saint
Club Player

AFLLive.tv is the best sports streaming I have come across.
I am in LA and have been for 4 years now.
Streams really well, no drop outs, quality is exceptional as I plug my lap top into my 47" Plasma and it looks as good as any TV station here.
Payed for the whole year last year and it was worth the money.

Great thing is that if you dont get it live (which I cant do for all night games as they are on around 2am here on West Coast) you can watch the replay later on in the day (about the time I get home from work).
Cuts out all the ads too, so game goes quicker.
I just have to stay off the web all day - not an easy thing to do with my job (IT Teacher) and Facebook and mates texting etc!

Make sure your internet is good though at home.
Need decent bandwidth to get the quality you want.
I had fairly low bandwidth and it still worked well, upped my service this winter and cant wait to see this years season.

If you are in the Portland area, check out the Steelheads AFL club.
http://www.portlandfooty.com/

I was involved in the LA Dragons for a couple of years, playing in their Metro season.
Great to be able to talk footy with like minded Aussies and Americans.

In the off season NBA fills my needs for sport.
Great game to follow.
Big Clipper fan here in LA (Lakers are like Bombers, Pies and Blues all rolled in to one in terms of their arrogance and moronic fans!)
Jump on the Blazers if you want a team to support, even though they are a bit of basket case of a franchise.

Any way.

PM me if you want more info. :D

matrix
Saintsational Legend

hey hurricane
you going to don the spandex over there????

get you foot in the door hopefully??

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

BANG BANG
Well done mate.

Any chance you can get her to live in Oz once the US is declared bankrupt and taken over by China?!!
Thanks mate. She is already a huge Saints fan and we are planning on coming to live here after a while. Not bragging but I reckon she is better looking than Rooeys missus and she totally isnt making me write this.

We have very similar intrests such as comic books., video games, wrestling and weird japanese horror movies.

Im excited to move there and even more excited she likes the Mighty Saints

BANG BANG

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Hurricane wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

BANG BANG
Well done mate.

Thanks mate. She is already a huge Saints fan and we are planning on coming to live here after a while. Not bragging but I reckon she is better looking than Rooeys missus and she totally isnt making me write this.

We have very similar intrests such as comic books., video games, wrestling and weird japanese horror movies.

Im excited to move there and even more excited she likes the Mighty Saints

BANG BANG

Is your name Sheldon? And is she Penny?

sydney saint
Club Player

I moved to New Jersey 2 years ago. If you subscribe to AFL site cost was $99 last season. You can see replays of all games & some live games as well. Sometimes unreliable but managed to see most games. Also Fuel TV ( on the east coast) had two games a week packaged into a 2hr highlight package. Not sure if this applies on the West Coast of USA. If you do a search on the internet on USA AFLTV Schedule . There is a website for USAAFL. I am sure you will get details of Oregon coverage of AL games. Also a website called Lemon TV shows sports from all over the world. which shows AFL games live.

Good luck.