Collingwood?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: Collingwood?

There were articles on it but they have disappeared now from google - I linked one once for Plugger. Collingwood in post GF 2010 testing had elevated levels of EPO or HGH I can't remember which, but anyway it was about 9 players from memory came in just below the level which is an accepted level to naturally occur in the human body. the unusual thing was that so many in one team at one time had the elevated levels. It was some kind of program to straddle the legal and illegal I believe. Buttifant is supposedly very cutting edge and experimental in the sports science field. To me it looks like Collingwood were allowed to get minute amount administered to keep just legal.

I still say Luke Ball got bigger mid career after joining them and His lower mandible looks larger and face more muscly. That is the sure sign of HGH. both are extremely expensive and hard to test for that is why no positive tests are coming up and whistle blowing is usually the only way athletes are caught.

the AFL should have gone really hard at that point because to me alarm bells were so loud it was embarrassing. For the image of the game it was ignored and now it's got pushed further because it was allowed by the AFLs lack of action.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-pre ... RRNO6W9vKE

Anyone remember questions fired at certain high profile Victorian president last week whilst he was in his car? Getting more and more peeved off. 3 chances at a flag and *possibly* (yet to be proven, but according to the article, blood tests are kept for 5 years to be tested again as technology improves) had no chance of ever winning due to cheating by others.......

We all heard the 'elevated growth hormones' rumour during December and January of 2010/2011 at a certain Victorian club. Covered up brilliantly it would seem. Has the AFL drugs policy failed? Or is it more the case that these issues can no longer be covered up due to intense media scrutiny and the massive popularity and use of social media leaving no place to hide. Let you decide for yourself.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
gringo
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-pre ... RRNO6W9vKE

Anyone remember questions fired at certain high profile Victorian president last week whilst he was in his car? Getting more and more peeved off. 3 chances at a flag and *possibly* (yet to be proven, but according to the article, blood tests are kept for 5 years to be tested again as technology improves) had no chance of ever winning due to cheating by others.......

We all heard the 'elevated growth hormones' rumour during December and January of 2010/2011 at a certain Victorian club. Covered up brilliantly it would seem. Has the AFL drugs policy failed? Or is it more the case that these issues can no longer be covered up due to intense media scrutiny and the massive popularity and use of social media leaving no place to hide. Let you decide for yourself.

It was reported in the media just not made a huge issue, just like the media chose the Gilbert school girl scandal to be a juggernaut yet suppressed the post GF rape allegations against the pies players. You would think they have a better media department or are better connected or legally represented the pies.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Yes and no...

We can't forget that players were target tested by the AFL, and it would appear that nobody failed a test.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it extremely hard to test for such things in someones system?

The AFL needs to go about this another way, what that is, I'm not sure...

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:Yes and no...

We can't forget that players were target tested by the AFL, and it would appear that nobody failed a test.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it extremely hard to test for such things in someones system?

Didn't they say the same thing about Lance Armstrong and then a mountain of evidence (including failed blood tests) came to light?

If there were no failed tests, why have 12 players from a certain club been continually target tested since 2010?

SainterK, there are just so many unanswered questions that are being raised at the moment which there are no valid answers to. I can't help but question as to whether or not there have been cover ups by various parties. Even the media have been hushed on these isses it would seem until this week.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
matrix
Saintsational Legend

they cheated
you know it and i know it

it would be only a few here who wouldnt belive it because there is no concrete 'proof' and we cant post a link
we know the posters im talking about

they f****** cheated
and you know what
i wouldnt trust that dog bomber thompson for one f****** minute
2009 is just as suss i reckon
s***s going to hit the fan
i can see bomber cats pies and hawks players seriously getting in the shite here
and apparently an interstate side
has to be the eagles, surely

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
SainterK wrote:Yes and no...

Didn't they say the same thing about Lance Armstrong and then a mountain of evidence (including failed blood tests) came to light?

If there were no failed tests, why have 12 players from a certain club been continually target tested since 2010?

SainterK, there are just so many unanswered questions that are being raised at the moment which there are no valid answers to. I can't help but question as to whether or not there have been cover ups by various parties. Even the media have been hushed on these isses it would seem until this week.
Certainly Adrian bailed because he saw storms brewing on the horizon.

The Pies recovery from GF1 was so immense in comparison to ours, that they probably did well to target test them.

I'm just not sure if it's coverups, or a lost cause because many of these things are undectable, with people still working on new testing to pick up such things.

We have to remember though, that performance enhancing testing is also done by ASADA on match day...especially grand finals, where players usually given urine samples. I do believe this is seperate to the 30 or so further tests the AFL itself conducted on top of that?

Can someone clarify that?

We cannot believe ASADA covered up anything, that's impossible.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

matrix wrote:they cheated

it would be only a few here who wouldnt belive it because there is no concrete 'proof' and we cant post a link

they f****** cheated
and you know what
i can see bomber cats pies and hawks players seriously getting in the shite here
I agree unfortunately. So f****** hard to make a grand final and we made 3 of them and lost them all thanks to *possible - trying to be objective* cheating. The bodies of a certain 2009 team always left me scratching my head, but never publicly aired it as I didn't want it to be said it was a case of sour grapes and due to a 'naivety' about our sport re: performance enhancing drugs.

The Interstate side may be the Dockers. Headlines running about their head of sports science (not sure whether it is a current sports science head or one from previous years), but that said person was charged with an crime re: drugs in 2007. News agencies have dropped this story over the last hour or so. Perhaps for litigation reasons..??

Fortius Quo Fidelius
mullet
Saintsational Legend

they f****** cheated
and you know what
Think its Freo

WADA has a new "passport" system that means you can be tested later down the track. Female Hammer thrower lost her medal from 5 years ago this way.

However it may not help us, but I do agree with you

gringo
Saintsational Legend

they f****** cheated
and you know what
it would be karma if the Eagles were done. It was the worst kept secret ever that the old school Eagles were all roiding. It's fair to say Jeff Kennett was very frustrated as a club director that drugs were rife and there was nothing they could do about it.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:

they f****** cheated
and you know what
I agree unfortunately. So f****** hard to make a grand final and we made 3 of them and lost them all thanks to *possible - trying to be objective* cheating. The bodies of a certain 2009 team always left me scratching my head, but never publicly aired it as I didn't want it to be said it was a case of sour grapes and due to a 'naivety' about our sport re: performance enhancing drugs.

The Interstate side may be the Dockers. Headlines running about their head of sports science (not sure whether it is a current sports science head or one from previous years), but that said person was charged with an crime re: drugs in 2007. News agencies have dropped this story over the last hour or so. Perhaps for litigation reasons..??
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-08/f ... mportation

matrix
Saintsational Legend

theyre safe

fyfe is still a stick lol

good lord imagine if we are completely clean...and freo get done for 1012

i will piss my pants in laughter

to be quite honest tho i reckon someone at nearly all clubs would have tried something whether PED or recreational

gringo
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:theyre safe

fyfe is still a stick lol

good lord imagine if we are completely clean...and freo get done for 1012

i will piss my pants in laughter

to be quite honest tho i reckon someone at nearly all clubs would have tried something whether PED or recreational

Our luck would see Geelong and Collingwood stripped of GFs and no winner for 2009 and 2010.

At least it would be sweet if Ross Lyon, Goddard and Ball all had the s*** hit the fan.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:
saint75 wrote:

they f****** cheated
and you know what

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-08/f ... mportation
Thanks SainterK. Seems I botched that up. It was company and not an individual.

This is getting very scary.....

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Or we become back-to-back premiers. How sweet that would be. If I was a player I would have no hesitation taking a premiership medal that way knowing full well that the team you played had an unfair advantage. That would never happen tho but one can dream.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Or we become back-to-back premiers. How sweet that would be. If I was a player I would have no hesitation taking a premiership medal that way knowing full well that the team you played had an unfair advantage. That would never happen tho but one can dream.

don't worry the only reason i'm not saying it is because there is the chance still there and I don't want to jinx us. Hopefully the AFL are so scared of copying the NRL they will do it their own way. It would look a little nicer in the trophy cabinet with those guys in there.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

I'm starting to think I wish we had HGH-cheated also - may have just been the edge required to give us 2 flags in 09/10.

It's not like The Pies or Cats will get caught this far out - Essendon are the scapegoats and appears will cop it all, just like the Dees and tanking!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Or we become back-to-back premiers. How sweet that would be. If I was a player I would have no hesitation taking a premiership medal that way knowing full well that the team you played had an unfair advantage. That would never happen tho but one can dream.
But it's nothing like winning it on the day, can't compare it.

Even if what you say happened, it wouldn't feel like we are now premiers for those seasons.....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:

they f****** cheated
and you know what
it would be karma if the Eagles were done. It was the worst kept secret ever that the old school Eagles were all roiding. It's fair to say Jeff Kennett was very frustrated as a club director that drugs were rife and there was nothing they could do about it.
It's funny cos some of my Perth mates who lived in Perth back in the early to mid 90's said it was a well known fact that all the Weagles boys were roided up....The Cops new....The Club new.... And the general public in Perth new however nobody cared as long as they were winning grand finals.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
But it's nothing like winning it on the day, can't compare it.

Even if what you say happened, it wouldn't feel like we are now premiers for those seasons.....
Totally agree. It wouldn't be ideal however it would be better than nothing IMO. The AFL could put on a little presentation to all the players on the day....Bakes getting a medal....Roo, Hayes and even Goddard and Ball.....And Rossy :shock:

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Won't happen I don't think. When the NRL stripped storm, history now shows that no one won in those particular years.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
matrix
Saintsational Legend

correct
no medals or flags are awarded

due to the team playing other teams in earlier finals as well
so it was not only unfair to the op team in the gf but also sides in the finals
same as medal counts
just coz swan or judd wins adn then gets stripped it doesnt go to number 2 because a player from the club that had the cheat might have had another player poll or another player from the op team couldve polled

gets messy

no winners

and if it was me handed a medal because number one cheated and i was number 2
i would hand it back
its forever tainted

imo

santazzi
Club Player

saint75 wrote:Won't happen I don't think. When the NRL stripped storm, history now shows that no one won in those particular years.
It could be argued that the NRL and AFL scenarios (if the o9/10 cases are proved) are different. In the case of the NRL the club managed to keep a star or two through salary cup manuplation. In the AFL case the team that lost the GF was unfairly dealt with through the oppositionss action of performance enhancing. Who knows how many of the opposition players were "enhanced." If a case beyond reasonable doubt can be made againest the winners of 09 and 10, then I think it makes sense to award the win to the runner up unless it can be shown the runner up was also tainted.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Slight change of subject

But remember Buddy missed all those games in August with no explanation and then a month later his best mate and housemate Wellingham gets the boot from the Pies.
Whats the story there?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:Won't happen I don't think. When the NRL stripped storm, history now shows that no one won in those particular years.
If proven they cheated I'd be happy just with them being stripped of the premiership. Then to all fair-minded people we'd be the rightful premiers that year.