Saintsational is dying...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saintsational is dying...

i actually don't dislike you plugs, I just wish you'd post more about footy

I come on here because I want to talk saints, you detract from that. It's a shame because on the few instances you cut the crap and actually engage in a proper footy discussion w/o the baiting, I enjoy what your opinion.

I guess that's why I tend to lean towards BM in your stoushes, he posts about footy, whether he's right or wrong or hypocritical, you turn it into something else

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:i actually don't dislike you plugs, I just wish you'd post more about footy

I come on here because I want to talk saints, you detract from that. It's a shame because on the few instances you cut the crap and actually engage in a proper footy discussion w/o the baiting, I enjoy what your opinion.

I guess that's why I tend to lean towards BM in your stoushes, he posts about footy, whether he's right or wrong or hypocritical, you turn it into something else

This is what I dont get Skeptic. You said i post on topics I have no interest just to cause trouble. I can 100% tell you I post only on topics I have interest in, unless I am having a joke of course. Even with you all our arguments have been about footy and you saying RL made mistakes and me trying to say why I dont think he did make the mistakes you suggest.

And then you mention BM. Firstly I dont care whose side anyone is on but I can tell you some think he talks crap and others think he knows his stuff. Lets look at Saturday and what he posted. He basically said the stuffed up recruiting Hickey and then started another thread saying Cockie might have been worth getting again suggesting the club stuffed up and then he said Milera played one of the worst games he had seen from a Saints footballer. Sorry but I then passionately then basically said he was talking crap and then tried to stick up for our clun and also suggested it was hindsight and gave examples. I will never stop doing that I dont apologize.

I dont even know these posts I make that arent about footy. And I dont just abuse and say that person is talking crap, i try to give examples why it is crap and then the abuse comes and then I abuse and it goes on. I should then stop but so can the other person. Dont worry everyone wants the last word though including me.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
plugger66 wrote:No I wont change at all. If people dont like it then they can leave. The way i see it is there is just as many posting as last year. I reckon it hilarious that you and MSG blame me. talk about taking things to seriously. There is an easy solution to the problems that dont really exist. Ban me, ignore me, leave the site ot put up with me.

What a great attitude - if people don't like what you say, they can just f*** off - and therein we encapsulate the problem.

Sorry - we all forgot it was about your personal amusement. You should loosen your grip before the end turns blue......

i just read that and burst out laughing....the missus is giving me a funny look and asking me"what's funny"......my reply...oh just some footy banter dear....after all she is a lady..... :wink: :wink: :wink: :D :D :D :D

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

thought the admin/mod might of had something to say in this thread when he popped his head in yesterday

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:thought the admin/mod might of had something to say in this thread when he popped his head in yesterday

I dont see any real problems with this thread. There hasnt been any real abuse and its just giving peoples opinions why we are dying which i dont agree with by the way.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ok pluggsy
all is fine

but you'd think with its title
on the front page

a mod would at least have something to say

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:ok pluggsy
all is fine

but you'd think with its title
on the front page

a mod would at least have something to say

Good point.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

bump
seeing as a few mods turned up last night and decided to post after a loss
thought they might of actually stayed around this morning to read some comments about the game, so maybe they can comment on some of the questions and opinions in this thread

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Worth a try matrix. Looks like no response though.

Mods? Anyone there? battye? Open up the forum to all comers! Please, for the sake of the health of the place!

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Don't reckon it's dying (just look at last night) but would be happy to give up mod position if someone reckons they can be more committed. Clearly I can't commit as much as would be optimal but we'd need someone who doesn't polarise and is willing to do a thankless task.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:Worth a try matrix. Looks like no response though.

Mods? Anyone there? battye? Open up the forum to all comers! Please, for the sake of the health of the place!
Indeed. Just this one change would be beneficial.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
matrix
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:Don't reckon it's dying (just look at last night) but would be happy to give up mod position if someone reckons they can be more committed. Clearly I can't commit as much as would be optimal but we'd need someone who doesn't polarise and is willing to do a thankless task.
see what you did there was answer the thread title
and then brought in your duties as a mod

no ones saying its not a thankless task
but there are countless questions in this thread

one major one being why after asking everyone for money and getting it were the options of diff types of forums not put out there for discussion?
this forum has no ability
the only thing that has changed for some kind of positive is a foe button
polls got taken away for starters
no embedding of you tube
no twitter or facebook links

seriously if the people who think they 'own it' want to collect the money from posters and then do what they want with it then at least decide on something decent with ability?

ironically this place will mirror our performance this year out on the park

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:Don't reckon it's dying (just look at last night) but would be happy to give up mod position if someone reckons they can be more committed. Clearly I can't commit as much as would be optimal but we'd need someone who doesn't polarise and is willing to do a thankless task.

one major one being why after asking everyone for money and getting it were the options of diff types of forums not put out there for discussion?
no embedding of you tube

seriously if the people who think they 'own it' want to collect the money from posters and then do what they want with it then at least decide on something decent with ability?

Honestly I have no idea in answer to that first question. That's a matter for the owners/admin. Personally don't reckon there's all that much wrong.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
spert
Saintsational Legend

I reckon the disappointments of 2009 and 2010 were just too much for many loyal Sainters who have just had enough of a club that promises a lot but doesn't deliver. The club needs to gain respect again. I don't sense much buzz around the club, and after the optimism of Thomas and the intensity of Lyon, which produced winning football in most cases for almost 10 years, we now seem a bit rudderless IMHO, so people naturally drop off.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
matrix wrote:

no embedding of you tube

Honestly I have no idea in answer to that first question. That's a matter for the owners/admin. Personally don't reckon there's all that much wrong.

seriously?
you think this format is up to date do you???
well its about time the 'owners' came on and give some explanations i reckon

the site could look better, have better abilities and functions
it could have polls, blogs a chat room, a video section, twitter and facebook feeds for those that do that kind of thing (not my cuppa at all)
good lord
its 2013 not 1999

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote: but would be happy to give up mod position if someone reckons they can be more committed. Clearly I can't commit as much as would be optimal but we'd need someone who doesn't polarise and is willing to do a thankless task.

No need to give up being a mod. Yes it is a thankless task, but an appreciated one (at least by some :wink: ).

However probably some extra mods are required as everyone is "time -poor" these days. Or as a comedian joked, just busy!!! and if we said busy rather than tim-poor we would have more time. Spreading the load to more mods would be I think a good thing, as no one mod should be expected to be here 24/7.

Take your point on the mod not polorarising too. As not all can handle the role.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Fair enough matrix. I will try and get hold of these owners

matrix
Saintsational Legend

couldnt really give a shite who is modding or not

the rules written in the sticky arent really followed because they arent enforced so no one is ever going to get the boot

but friggin hell this place could look and certainly perform with more options, so much better.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:Fair enough matrix. I will try and get hold of these owners

:?:

markp
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:Fair enough matrix. I will try and get hold of these owners

:?:
They've flown the coop with all the loot...!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

thats ok
it aint any of my money
i didnt chip in this time seeing as they didnt even want to tell posters who donated what the site would end up becoming

and look at us now....

maybe they all bought orange hats and joined that posse

what ever happened to that?
they still at the games wearing orange cones on their heads??

stinger
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
+1 :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
matrix
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Hi all.

Sorry for the lack of response etc over the last couple months. In fact, I have only logged on for a couple minutes when I have been getting PM's the few times that has happened recently.

Over the next 2 months or so I will probably be here even less, as I'm actually getting married within the next month. Way too much on my plate just at the moment, but will be back later in the year.

Would love to get into the forums setup, settings, abilities and content when time permits. As I don't really have the control over most of the settings here it's hard for me to just implement something.

Hopefully by the time I return we will have a few wins on the board!

They walk amongst us...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Congrats HSV, have a great wedding...