Any posters in NZ now?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

georgie girl
Club Player

Re: Any posters in NZ now?

Been in NZ for three weeks, watching the game then heading home. Hopefully after a win!! Would also like to watch the Pies v Bombers game on TV if anyone knows of anywhere it is showing. Had a look on the AFLNZ site but only talks about watching the game on demand by paying for a subscription.

studiog

Facebook has advertised TRAX BAR WELLINGTON, Anzac Day from 3pm. Unless theres a better offer, sounds like this is it.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Landed in Auckland on Monday arvo, very nice city. Hired a car and drove around the place, not too much to see in the suburbs but the city is great. Drove down to Wellington today. I've driven melb to syd/adl before and it almost puts you to sleep, but I'd love to do that drive again, the scenery was amazing, went to Cambridge, Taupo, Napiar, it really is amazing. Staying in the suburbs of Wellington, yet to go to the city yet. Currently raining and a top of 18 tomorrow (today for us) with showers. They have great beers here also!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:Landed in Auckland on Monday arvo, very nice city. Hired a car and drove around the place, not too much to see in the suburbs but the city is great. Drove down to Wellington today. I've driven melb to syd/adl before and it almost puts you to sleep, but I'd love to do that drive again, the scenery was amazing, went to Cambridge, Taupo, Napiar, it really is amazing. Staying in the suburbs of Wellington, yet to go to the city yet. Currently raining and a top of 18 tomorrow (today for us) with showers. They have great beers here also!
Thanks Dools, if you think the North Island is pretty check out te South Island, it's incredible!

Did you here that Kosi is playing?

Have you changed you fights to fly back this morning?!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

A bit overcast this morning, but the wind is only moderate. there is a bit of light rain around but it's expected to clear before this evening, so we should have a great night for the game.

markmark
Club Player

Was standing next to big Ben & Gilbert at the dawn service it was good to see so many saints there

Bring it on
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

apparently Ch nine had a TV crew at the dawn service- any one see the vision?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

Last night walking around Wellington there were Saints scarves and jackets eveywhere! Biggest concentration I can remeber seeing, except walking to a game at Linton St or something. Only saw a smattering of Swans fans, hopefully that's indicative of crowd at game. It's a tad chilly but not too bad (i do live in Qld these days) and the wind's gusty but manageable, stating to get equal parts nervous and excited...

Oh yeah, when the plane landed they welcomed all the St Kilda fans, that got a big cheer...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Just spoke to my Daughter over there. Said it was raining but expected to clear. They ran into Chips and Jack whilst having brunch. She said that they looked fit and ready to go whatever that means. Plenty of Saints people having brunch in the same place. She said everyone has their colours on which looks great.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Just spoke to my Daughter over there. Said it was raining but expected to clear. They ran into Chips and Jack whilst having brunch. She said that they looked fit and ready to go whatever that means. Plenty of Saints people having brunch in the same place. She said everyone has their colours on which looks great.
Sounds terrific.

Get around them :D

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Just spoke to my Daughter over there. Said it was raining but expected to clear. They ran into Chips and Jack whilst having brunch. She said that they looked fit and ready to go whatever that means. Plenty of Saints people having brunch in the same place. She said everyone has their colours on which looks great.
Sounds terrific.

Get around them :D

I think they all were at the cafe.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Keep the updates coming

Glad y'all having a good time!

StGoddard18
Club Player

saintbrat wrote:apparently Ch nine had a TV crew at the dawn service- any one see the vision?
Yes they stood in front of us in the parade and the idiot camera man was in the way of the marching band and nearly got bowled over. I think he was trying to film Big Mac and Gilbert.

Follow me on Twitter @Prestie18
Scoop
Club Player

The Arizona cafe & bar at the bottom of the Intercontinental Hotel in Featherstone St (l think) has both games on live today. Had brunch there this morning after the Dawn Service. Plenty of Sainters there....and a few Swans. Weather here oohs a bit likeMelbourne's.......raining one minute, sunny the next. One interesting thing from training yesterday.....not sure if anyone has mentioned it....Jimmy Gwilt was doing what looked like a fitness test!

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!
StGoddard18
Club Player

Scoop wrote:The Arizona cafe & bar at the bottom of the Intercontinental Hotel in Featherstone St (l think) has both games on live today. Had brunch there this morning after the Dawn Service. Plenty of Sainters there....and a few Swans. Weather here oohs a bit likeMelbourne's.......raining one minute, sunny the next. One interesting thing from training yesterday.....not sure if anyone has mentioned it....Jimmy Gwilt was doing what looked like a fitness test!

I zoomed my camera in on him and he was moving really well. I wouldn't be surprised if he joins in the main training group this week.

Follow me on Twitter @Prestie18
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Beautiful afternoon here now, sun is out and quite a pleasant day. Fantastic to see so many saints fans wandering around the streets in Wellington.
Mind you the locals have no idea about the game, I was speaking to a staff member at the ibis hotel last night and he thought the game was a rugby game!!!

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like a great turnout,bit surprised.A bit dissapointed I didn't make the effort

Bring back the Lockett era
georgie girl
Club Player

Great to see so many Saints in and around Wellington. Go Sainters!!

linz
Club Player

I'm over here with friend staying at a dive of a hotel with no WI FI until NOW. Getting ready for the game & plan to stroll to the ground
& stop on the way to see the other less important Anzac Day clash. Hope we give a good account of ourselves.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
GRAMophone
Club Player

Have a great time and good on you for making the trip guys. I have a dream...........that our boys might do something special today 8-)

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

About to start my journey to Westpac stadium.
Very little breeze in Wellington city and its not too cold, not much cloud about at the moment.

Must agree with the earlier post about all the saints scarfs and jackets about. We saw a few people in Auckland with saints stuff on but were absolutely blown away with the huge amount of saints people on Wellington and agree hardly seem any Swans stuff.

Anyway, leaving the free wifi zone :D

Bring home the win boys!!

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Sounds like a great turnout,bit surprised.A bit dissapointed I didn't make the effort
Next year Jonesy.

I'll make the trip sans kids just wife & I.

Worthwhile trip even for 3 or 4 nights it seems.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
saintdooley wrote:Landed in Auckland on Monday arvo, very nice city. Hired a car and drove around the place, not too much to see in the suburbs but the city is great. Drove down to Wellington today. I've driven melb to syd/adl before and it almost puts you to sleep, but I'd love to do that drive again, the scenery was amazing, went to Cambridge, Taupo, Napiar, it really is amazing. Staying in the suburbs of Wellington, yet to go to the city yet. Currently raining and a top of 18 tomorrow (today for us) with showers. They have great beers here also!
Thanks Dools, if you think the North Island is pretty check out te South Island, it's incredible!

Did you here that Kosi is playing?

Have you changed you fights to fly back this morning?!!
Nah I didn't. Did you see the ball hit him in the face? Kosi in a nutshell

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

anyone going to the fan day at the Basin?
reports appreciated.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Schillaci
Club Player

Was great to see so many fellow sainters about.. has been a while between drinks for me. Disappointed in the result but enjoyed being there regardless. I'll make the trek south again next year for sure.