It needs to be explained to me?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

It needs to be explained to me?

Because if its not cheating, and there's another explanation I want to hear it??

HTB free kick to Adam Selwood with 3minutes to go, 70m out from WCE goal

HTB non free kick in the StK goal Square with 1:30 to go

HTB free kick to WCE on StK 50m with 20 seconds to go

In all cases they were measured decision that don't occur in a moment.... Decision all close together, 2 by the same umpire?!
Of all of those kicks.... The one to StK was clearly the most likely....

All of that aside, the leeway given to WCE players to spin 360 in tackles and dish of was nice for them in the clearances, and not sure of the kick count.... But I'll have a stab.... We lost the free kick count?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: It needs to be explained to me?

I think it's incompetence rather than cheating, but I can't be certain of that .

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

You missed the Rosa non HTB decision near our 50 on the boundary line with about 5 to go

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Because if its not cheating, and there's another explanation I want to hear it??

In all cases they were measured decision that don't occur in a moment.... Decision all close together, 2 by the same umpire?!

All of that aside, the leeway given to WCE players to spin 360 in tackles and dish of was nice for them in the clearances, and not sure of the kick count.... But I'll have a stab.... We lost the free kick count?
I noticed that too.

Why did the Eagles players get a full 360 to dispose of the ball?

The non HTB in our goalsquare was rubbish

For 250k annually, those little kents are f****** useless.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Because if its not cheating, and there's another explanation I want to hear it??

...yep 14 for....22 against...........we were minus 37 for the season going into the round......now minus 45.....the worst ratio after 11 rounds since stats were kept.........

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'll even admit that in a game where they put away the whistle, they found it late...often...against the Saints

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Umps most influential blokes on the field. Clearly BOG. 2 votes to Joey, 1 to Milne.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

I don't like complaining about the umpires. Tough to hold that line tonight though. Generally an ok performance from them but most of the bad calls were against us.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

If something is not mentioned... I'll lose more respect!

Forgot Matt Priddis.... Fending off as he always does, didn't dispose correctly pulled sideways in the tackle.... Player avoids his back....

Decision
Free Kick to Priddis... Goal

Nice

Perhaps the poorest decision on the game, and the most influential

mullet
Saintsational Legend

5 frees to pridus alone. says it all really

suss
Club Player

The Selwoods make me embarrassed to say I'm from Bendigo. Mum and dad have turned out four disgraceful flopping, ducking, knee-bending little cheats that should be eliminated from the game. They should hand back their premiership medals in ******* shame. Maybe the parents could adopt Shuey and Priddus to round out the family from hell.

That contemptible **** Worsfold can also get ******. Thanks for destroying the game you ******* miserable *****.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:The Selwoods make me embarrassed to say I'm from Bendigo. Mum and dad have turned out four disgraceful flopping, ducking, knee-bending little cheats that should be eliminated from the game. They should hand back their premiership medals in ******* shame. Maybe the parents could adopt Shuey and Priddus to round out the family from hell.

That contemptible **** Worsfold can also get ******. Thanks for destroying the game you ******* miserable *****.
They are all very good footballers, too good to be doing this ducking rubbish.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Umpires feel sorry for Priddis being so slow.... So they give him longer to get rid of the ball...

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

If the maggots didn't fall for it every week they would stop doing it. It's an umpiring issue, not a Selwood issue. Does it surprise you though with Elma Fudd in charge.

BigMart wrote:If something is not mentioned... I'll lose more respect!

Forgot Matt Priddis.... Fending off as he always does, didn't dispose correctly pulled sideways in the tackle.... Player avoids his back....

Decision

Nice

I've already lost respect for them BM.

You expect to get done over maybe once or twice a season by the umpires. Happens to every team.

But we have a -45 differential after 11 games.

The inconsistancy on the last qtr has left me dumbfounded.

Absolutely dumbfounded.

We did everything to lose it in the last quarter both Roo and Joey missing sitters, but the free to Cox for holding an arm (which happens to Riewoldt every marrking contest, the in the back to Priddis (when he had held the ball and Dempster rolled him, the free for HTB against Jack Steven, then the non Free against Butler in their goal square, then the free AGAINST Saad gor HTB (when it was worse so must more blatant the than Priddis travesty has made me really wonder what is going on with the umpiring.

We were screwed against Richmond, in Wellington, and now absolutely screwed with the worst display of inconsistant and incompetent umpiring I have seen.

it was appalling and really if our club doesn't compalin about this pathetic display, there is really a problem at our club. WTF can the AFL do to us? Tell their umpires to be bias againsts us????

lol - could they be any worse????

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Just say it how it is?!

That's what I'd like.... No spin, no apologies.... Bring up examples, and ask why...

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

So will we take the afl to task over it, probably not, and Gresham 2000 will come up with some s*** anyway, I f****** give up
But we blew it anyway

I love this club
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
BigMart wrote:If something is not mentioned... I'll lose more respect!

Decision

Nice

I've already lost respect for them BM.

You expect to get done over maybe once or twice a season by the umpires. Happens to every team.

But we have a -45 differential after 11 games.

The inconsistancy on the last qtr has left me dumbfounded.

Absolutely dumbfounded.

We did everything to lose it in the last quarter both Roo and Joey missing sitters, but the free to Cox for holding an arm (which happens to Riewoldt every marrking contest, the in the back to Priddis (when he had held the ball and Dempster rolled him, the free for HTB against Jack Steven, then the non Free against Butler in their goal square, then the free AGAINST Saad gor HTB (when it was worse so must more blatant the than Priddis travesty has made me really wonder what is going on with the umpiring.

We were screwed against Richmond, in Wellington, and now absolutely screwed with the worst display of inconsistant and incompetent umpiring I have seen.

it was appalling and really if our club doesn't compalin about this pathetic display, there is really a problem at our club. WTF can the AFL do to us? Tell their umpires to be bias againsts us????

lol - could they be any worse????
It was also the spirit in which it was umpired the previous 3 quarters, that made it harder to swallow...and it's impossible to justify

I'd actually like to know the free kicks for the entire game, and how many in the last?

stevie
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
suss wrote:The Selwoods make me embarrassed to say I'm from Bendigo. Mum and dad have turned out four disgraceful flopping, ducking, knee-bending little cheats that should be eliminated from the game. They should hand back their premiership medals in ******* shame. Maybe the parents could adopt Shuey and Priddus to round out the family from hell.

They are all very good footballers, too good to be doing this ducking rubbish.

One day, they - and the f****** cheat Thomas from Norf - will all be very good Paralympians, competing in wheelchair races. We can only hope the people who have been genuinely injured in car accidents and other incidents give them the time of day and not the contempt they deserve.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

We had 34 more tackles than the Weagles, not sure of the full number, and yet not one of them, not one! was rewarded. I have been watching football for 42 years, and if you are tackled with the ball, and a make no effort to dispose of it, or a re dragged to the ground and the ball touches the ground, the tackler was always!!!!!! rewarded.
Well that was rule for some 40 years, now, a guy falls on the ground with the ball underneath him, just grab his jumper and wave your arms around and you get rewarded.
Unfortunately, the vacuum of non existent knowledge of the game by those in charge of the umpires don't believe in tackling as a part of our game and these idiots are destroying the game.
Speaking of stupid decision, how was it interpreted that Maister slide into the legs of the Weagles player in the first quarter, when he put his body on the line, the Weagle had opportunity to avoid him but chose to fall into his back.
The whole idea of the rule was to stop players sliding legs first into other players, like soccer, taking someone else's legs out with your legs, surely they could make that the simple rule, oh I'm sorry, that would take the guys running the umpire to have something resembling knowledge of the game.
Well, if the AFL keeps dishing up those sort of umpiring decisions, we may see a riot at the football one day.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
markp
Saintsational Legend

A bias seems apparent.

Motivated by what, or to what degree intentional you can only wonder.

But, in a world where we're supposed to be genuinely concerned about players falling in with bad dudes who may blackmail or bribe them into throwing games, what about the umpires?

Hypothetically, wouldn't it be much smarter to target and try to corrupt the people who control the whole match?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:A bias seems apparent.

But, in a world where we're supposed to be genuinely concerned about players falling in with bad dudes who may blackmail or bribe them into throwing games, what about the umpires?

Hypothetically, wouldn't it be much smarter to target and try to corrupt the people who control the whole match?
I'm not sure it's corruption.

I was thinking, perhaps it's because we're no longer one of the better sides, we don't get the better umpires?

It seems to be the better umpires get the big matches of the round, we're not playing in those blockbusters any longer.

Guess my point is we could just be copping the bottom ranked umps because we're a bottom ranked side.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:A bias seems apparent.

Markp I am like you, what the hell is their motivation. Surely us paying 3.25 would be better odds for betting purposes. Does it just come down to the attitude held by everyone who doesnt barrack for Stkilda, that we are just Stkilda and we are great whipping boys. What upsets me about tonight, was that they started the game paying nothing either way, and then imposed themselves on the game, why????? What were WC paying to win by less than 10 points.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Finey has just called WCE cheats. Radio will be interesting in the next hour. Not sure how many years he said but WCE are in front 214 frees, ranked number 1. We are ranked last with negative 84 frees. The closest team to the E-Girls are 100 frees behind them in second place. Yes 100. They duck and cheat and the maggots will continue to look after them, so the E-Girls wont change the way they cheat.

It's pretty disappointing that the eagles get away with the same tricks every week, f***ing weak football.

Sainter for life.