Milne

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Gershwin
Club Player

Re: Milne

St Lenny wrote:
Selhurst Saint wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:If he's guilty, then there is no escape, he'll have to serve his time. However if he is innocent, then he needs to sue the absolute crap out of the accuser/s
Hasn't there already been a civil case re this matter? What was the result?
Charges were never made at the time. WHat worries me is that the law has changed since then. THe girls were drunk, at the time that didn't matter, now it does. THough its still beyond me how Lovett got off, the dog.
Juries are incredibly loathe to find an accused rapist guilty unless there are witnesses or next to no doubt. I was on one several years ago and the other 11 just couldn't bring themselves to find him guilty even though the evidence was very compelling. It was 6 guilty and 6 not-guilty immediately after the evidence but 5 developed doubts over the next 2 days of deliberation and no unanimous decision was possible.

summertime and the living is easy ........
Moorabbin Man
Club Player

Can the Gillard tragics please stop whining about misogynists under their bed.

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:Don't take this the wrong way because it is such a serious issue but when I started to think about this whole thing and asked myself, why now, how can stuff this happen 9 years after the alleged event, and I wondered is there a bigger story brewing over at Essendon or Collingwood. Anyway like I say don't mean to offend by saying that but it was just something that popped into my head. I've had much more serious consideration about it since and I feel sorry for Milneys family especially his kids.
An appalling lack of fair process that's why.

Richter
SS Life Member

White Winmar wrote:
stinger wrote:http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 2ofzh.html

'St Kilda chief Michael Nettlefold, who is overseas, had not returned calls from The Age and the AFL indicated it would release a statement regarding the charges later on Tuesday."

...what's with nettlefold being overseas at this time of year ffs.... :roll: :roll: :roll: ????
Spending some of his $750k salary. i sincerely hope he's overseas on club business, but somehow i doubt it.
Unbelievable, he must have missed the Saints game last weekend too... :o

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Moorabbin Man
Club Player

Hemi Baxter wrote:Very often an employer will stand down an employee when they're charged with a crime. There are exceptions. Where an employee will suffer disadvantage as a result of not engaging in their employment is one such exception. Examples include pilots, actors and sportspeople.
The disclosure of the names of people charged with crimes in Australia carries with it more than enough prejudice. Provided he wants to play Milne shouldn't suffer the further disadvantage of losing money, skill and reputation by being stood down.
Here, here.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

If Milney retires or gets sacked everyone will remember him as the rapist, not as one of the best small forwards to ever play the game.

It will be a sad end to a great career. All the best Milney your a legend no matter what happens!!!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Man wrote:Can the Gillard tragics please stop whining about misogynists under their bed.
Can all the fahqwits stop bringing their political agendas into a football forum.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I wonder what Greg Westaway is going to say on this issue. :?:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:I wonder what Greg Westaway is going to say on this issue. :?:

Right.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Has anyone stopped to think about the other person involved in this? I think everyone is really guessng, so jumping to the defense of Milney might not be a good thing, if convicted he deserves his punishment...
If he is innocent, then we can jump to his defense with factual knowledge allowing us to do so??

Unfortunately, if its true....that is if??

Milney will have to suffer the consequences and the girl is the one who is owed our sympathies...

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Greg Westaway..... FFS

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Has anyone stopped to think about the other person involved in this? I think everyone is really guessng, so jumping to the defense of Milney might not be a good thing, if convicted he deserves his punishment...
If he is innocent, then we can jump to his defense with factual knowledge allowing us to do so??

Milney will have to suffer the consequences and the girl is the one who is owed our sympathies...

You should read the whole thread instead of jumping to conclusions like you suggest others have done and you will see that not everyone is jumping to Milneys defense. Reading what is actually written has never been a strong point of yours.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Waste of time responding to me... Not sure why you bother??

Strange

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Waste of time responding to me... Not sure why you bother??

Strange

Even stranger you responding to me when you claim I am on ignore. Very strange. Weird in fact.

Schillaci
Club Player

Incredibly sad state of affairs. Feel for all concerned. That this has happened after 9 years is disgusting.
Milney has been a star for us and deserves the presumption of innocence. Hope he plays on but will understand if he or the club pull the pin.
As for how he will be remembered that will depend on people's experiences. I didn't see Michael Turner play enough games to remember him as a footballer but his name will be forever linked to things I heard about him and parked cars. Mud sticks.

linmarnic
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Has anyone stopped to think about the other person involved in this? I think everyone is really guessng, so jumping to the defense of Milney might not be a good thing, if convicted he deserves his punishment...

Right now though he is innocent and we need to stand by him and his family. If he his case is referred to trial and if he is found guilty then that changes things but we should still stand by his family always. They have gone through so much already and I especially feel sorry for his kids.

Never give up
Bluto
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote:Don't take this the wrong way because it is such a serious issue but when I started to think about this whole thing and asked myself, why now, how can stuff this happen 9 years after the alleged event, and I wondered is there a bigger story brewing over at Essendon or Collingwood. Anyway like I say don't mean to offend by saying that but it was just something that popped into my head. I've had much more serious consideration about it since and I feel sorry for Milneys family especially his kids.
It is not uncommon to see people charged for historical sex crimes, however, most of them relate to child sex abuse. This just seems to be a police bungle who failed to investigate the complaint thoroughly in the first instance. I wouldn't read anything into the timing the charges have been preferred because no time is good, no matter what time of the day/ month/year for charges of this nature.

And agreed, there are no winners here especially for Milne's family but equally all parties concerned. And the original investigators should be held to account for this current scenario.

ImageImage
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Munga wrote:Serious question, what does "four counts" mean? Four different women? The same woman four times?

Sex crimes can attract a lot of charges from a single incident One I have been involved with indirectly a while ago resulted in 14 different charges from a single incident. I believe this is still on going as well nearly a year later and aint gone to court, so don't expect this to be resolved anytime soon.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Ermm...so if he is proved innocent we are allowed to support him?

Perhaps you can cut him down then?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

As St Kilda supporters we can all start a new life. Under the sea...

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

No
Not one poster has thought of the other person that's involved.
We have all jumped on milnes defence instead.

Of course people are concerned for BOTH sides
What a horrible thing to have to go thru for BOTH parties involved

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

stinger wrote:
FQF wrote:The prosecution would not take this case to court all these years later if they did not think that they had at least a reasonable chance of a conviction.

But I would be very surprised if he is actually convicted.

the police have charged him......don't know what the prosecution thinks at this stage.....
According to The Age the Sexual Crimes Squad consulted the Office of Public Prosecutions prior to charges beilg laid, so I would think there has to be a reasonable chance of conviction.

Expect Milne to be stood down.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Unfortunately regardless of the eventual outcome there will be no winners out of this latest episode where everyone will be dragged through the muck- the accused, the alleged victim, the football club, the police and obviously others

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

spert wrote:Unfortunately regardless of the eventual outcome there will be no winners out of this latest episode where everyone will be dragged through the muck- the accused, the alleged victim, the football club, the police and obviously others
No winners? There's the media, which will have a field day, and the sizable population that just hates Milne.

Buckets
SS Life Member

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote:
stinger wrote:
FQF wrote:The prosecution would not take this case to court all these years later if they did not think that they had at least a reasonable chance of a conviction.

But I would be very surprised if he is actually convicted.

the police have charged him......don't know what the prosecution thinks at this stage.....
According to The Age the Sexual Crimes Squad consulted the Office of Public Prosecutions prior to charges beilg laid, so I would think there has to be a reasonable chance of conviction.

Expect Milne to be stood down.
We will just have to wait and see.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you