Sack Milne.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Sack Milne.

I know this is a difficult thing and on the surface the wrong thing to say, but he has to go IMO, regardless of the court proceedings.

It's simmered away under the surface for years, we need sponsors to be on board and the club needs to control the club not the players.

Plus the AFL appear to want Milne out and we can't pretend to fight them given where we are now.

I loved watching Milney play - an absolute champ, gave me lots of pleasure watching him over the last decade, but reality bites and it's time to make that really tough call if he won't do it himself.

Sorry guys...

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sack Milne.

Fail thread.

Stop your BS headline attention seeking FFS.

It makes you look like a complete tool.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
fingers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Fail thread.

+1

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

WTF are you on about??

It's not attention seeking. Has there been another sack Milne thread?

Am I not allowed an opinion??

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

WTF are you on about??

It's not attention seeking. Has there been another sack Milne thread?

Am I not allowed an opinion??

When you have a title SACK MILNE it is attention seeking.

There are myriad threads about Milnes case you could have posted your "opinion" in.

Think through how dumb your OP is.

FFS you want us embroiled in a Supreme Court challenge with one of our greats???

Wake the hell up :roll:

And dont play the crying victim when called on your idiocies.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Well if we can't legally sack him stand him down till the end of his contract. Which is end of this year.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

What a dreadful situation for the club, the player and the alleged victim. This issue goes beyond football, because IF some police officers with Saints allegiances have tampered with the proper process that should have occurred 9 years ago, then they have ruined not only the lives of the parties immediately concerned, but have brought chaos and instability back to our club. Apart from the matter of attempting to pervert the course of justice. Stephen Milne should have been subject to PROPER PROCEDURE by the investigators, and to have defended himself in the proper manner NINE years ago! While you have the right to an opinion on the topic, I disagree with you, and feel that calling for him to be sacked on this forum, is way out of line. Those officers who (allegedly) have done the wrong thing are the ones who should be pilloried!
(In my humble opinion of course)

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:What a dreadful situation for the club, the player and the alleged victim. This issue goes beyond football, because IF some police officers with Saints allegiances have tampered with the proper process that should have occurred 9 years ago, then they have ruined not only the lives of the parties immediately concerned, but have brought chaos and instability back to our club. Apart from the matter of attempting to pervert the course of justice. Stephen Milne should have been subject to PROPER PROCEDURE by the investigators, and to have defended himself in the proper manner NINE years ago! While you have the right to an opinion on the topic, I disagree with you, and feel that calling for him to be sacked on this forum, is way out of line. Those officers who (allegedly) have done the wrong thing are the ones who should be pilloried!
welcome back...where you been mate??? :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Of all the ridiculous threads created in the last 4 days, this one wins.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Long story Stinger...Long walk too! :wink: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Long story Stinger...Long walk too! :wink: :lol:
you can tell us all all about it over the next few months..... :wink:

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Hey SP I usually enjoy your posting style but you are on a hiding to none with this one. I'd get it deleted if you can.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Hey SP I usually enjoy your posting style but you are on a hiding to none with this one. I'd get it deleted if you can.
Why deleted ?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Hey SP I usually enjoy your posting style but you are on a hiding to none with this one. I'd get it deleted if you can.
Why deleted ?
Just a suggestion to avoid the anger and fury but hey if you are fair dinkum in your conviction about he subject then let it roll. It will be interesting viewing.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

They struggled with sacking Lovett when he had been at the club a couple of weeks and was already on his final warning. Grammy wanted blood and he's been in more trouble than Carl Williams.

Milne hasn't done anything wrong recently and that's why it's a little different to most cases. Hard to sack him unless he gets warned and or breaks the terms of his contract.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:They struggled with sacking Lovett when he had been at the club a couple of weeks and was already on his final warning. Grammy wanted blood and he's been in more trouble than Carl Williams.

Milne hasn't done anything wrong recently and that's why it's a little different to most cases. Hard to sack him unless he gets warned and or breaks the terms of his contract.
Ok cool fair summation. So it's a question of stood down until end of contract or a return at some stage.

Sorry I can't seem to alter the thread title to "Stand down Milne until end of season".

ando051
Club Player

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? I do not believe Milne should have been stood down. Playing for St. Kilda is his life. Stephen has worked tirelessly and loyalIy for the club The board have chosen not to afford him the loyalty he has shown to the club all these years. I am extremely disappointed that his fantastic career might end on this note. His own club has let him down. hopefully his fans will not.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

ando051 wrote:What happened to innocent until proven guilty? I do not believe Milne should have been stood down. Playing for St. Kilda is his life. Stephen has worked tirelessly and loyalIy for the club The board have chosen not to afford him the loyalty he has shown to the club all these years. I am extremely disappointed that his fantastic career might end on this note. His own club has let him down. hopefully his fans will not.

Lovett didn't get that opportunity though. It's not unusual for the "bringing the club into disrepute" to come out when they panic and want to get rid of them. Just hard if he did it 9 years ago.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Well if we can't legally sack him stand him down till the end of his contract. Which is end of this year.
Are you totally dense???

On what fkn grounds? He can sue the club to play and win in the Supreme Court. That is the opinion of a QC in the paper this morning.

So you want to have a current player, a Saints champ, drag the club through the courts in the midst of the season??????

My god what is wrong with your tiny brain?

Do you EVER think before you post your garbage?

Mores to the point do you EVER think period???

Oh my fkn GAWD :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

Thomas
Club Player

It's simmered away under the surface for years, we need sponsors to be on board and the club needs to control the club not the players.

Plus the AFL appear to want Milne out and we can't pretend to fight them given where we are now.

I loved watching Milney play - an absolute champ, gave me lots of pleasure watching him over the last decade, but reality bites and it's time to make that really tough call if he won't do it himself.

Sorry guys...[/quote]

I can't believe I am reading this lines, so we crucify a person whether he is innocent or not so we can attract sponsors, I know it is business and it is a harsh world out there, but if the club I love would resort to what you are advocating to get sponsorship it will be the last time I watch a footy game.

When the going gets tough,the tough gets going.

CARN THE SAINTS.
Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

thejiggingsaint wrote:What a dreadful situation for the club, the player and the alleged victim. This issue goes beyond football, because IF some police officers with Saints allegiances have tampered with the proper process that should have occurred 9 years ago, then they have ruined not only the lives of the parties immediately concerned, but have brought chaos and instability back to our club. Apart from the matter of attempting to pervert the course of justice. Stephen Milne should have been subject to PROPER PROCEDURE by the investigators, and to have defended himself in the proper manner NINE years ago! While you have the right to an opinion on the topic, I disagree with you, and feel that calling for him to be sacked on this forum, is way out of line. Those officers who (allegedly) have done the wrong thing are the ones who should be pilloried!
Love your work, Dave

The problem with the 'assistance' provided 9 years ago is that it makes it look more likely that there was a case to answer.

If Milne in innocent then he shouldn't need any interference.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Can we sack some of our supporters???

PS Lovett went for more than one reason.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Look at moi, look at moi, look at moi...

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Can we sack some of our supporters???

PS Lovett went for more than one reason.
Three reasons...

Arrested for a drunk and disorderly
Unfit state to training
(Also alleged to have missed other training sessions)
Final straw incident

Shouldn't of got him in the first place, but I disgress...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ando051 wrote:What happened to innocent until proven guilty? I do not believe Milne should have been stood down. Playing for St. Kilda is his life. Stephen has worked tirelessly and loyalIy for the club The board have chosen not to afford him the loyalty he has shown to the club all these years. I am extremely disappointed that his fantastic career might end on this note. His own club has let him down. hopefully his fans will not.
ditto mate.....