Disappointing SAINTS FANS !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Disappointing SAINTS FANS !!

saintspremiers wrote:
noob wrote:At least they went to the game. s*** crowd considering the conditions
28K is a good turnout.

But the crowd appeared 50/50, so only about 15K Saints fans for a "home" game.
no way - 75/25 our way - 70/30 ,maybe. Little to get excited about after first quarter and the occasional flash of brilliance. Frankston lines were full going in and coming back. MCC and AFL members areas were empty.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

The crowd was 6K above MCC predictions, which prob stuffed up their planning re food outlets and car parking.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Quite a number of saints fans were seen leaving the ground as early as 1/2 way through the last quarter. Okay, it wasn't much of a game BUT we were winning, it was a milestone game for THREE of our players and it was the end of a BIG week for the club.

It was great to see all THREE being chaired off the ground. It was also pretty damn good to see Scotty singing the song with the boys. Was it Jacky who was our stand in Chorus Leader tonight? !!
Hear you there Eastern. Sainters behind me with young kids talking about leaving half way through last quarter - really good people :D - I turned around and said 'you might want to think anout staying, we don't know when we will get our next one.'

Before yesterday I thought we could do Port at Etihad later this year, but now I am not even sure about that.
Pretty emphatic win yesterday considering the depleted side we took in. Consider this; no Fisher, no Lenny, no Schneider, No Milne, No McEvoy after half time, no Gilbert, and that doesn't even factor in the players who left at the end of last year.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:... 75/25 our way - 70/30, maybe.
Yep
Frankston lines were full going in and coming back. MCC and AFL members areas were empty.
And on the way home, we waited 15 minutes for the first Frankston train, which turned out to be the scheduled service which was already half full, and the announcer said that there would be a special Franskston train 7 minutes latter (which was probably half empty out of Richmond). They should have the Special train waiting at the station which then leaves three or four mintes before the scheduled train. The same idiots have been running the system for as long as I can remember.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Well I stayed to the end, freezed my butt off, and endured as bad a quarter of football from us as the 1st quarter against North.
Luckily, Melbourne are one rung up from GWS and virtually useless, they couldn't take advantage of it.
Mind you, the cold must have affected the players as well, it was good weather for hamstring pulling, which fortunately never happened.
Strange what a long period of success does to you, in the 80's we would be celebrating a win like that like a premiership, now, we bemoan the lack of killing a team like Melbourne off.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

None of my business if people leave, dont really care actually. People have their own reasons and im not one to judge. Certainly wouldnt turn around and tell people to stay, again, none of my business.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

We did - remember round 12 1986? Garry Lyon still shudders when he talks about that match. He reckons the players were given an ultimatum -Win today - or else! And Gellie told Mace, Burns, Lockett, Cunningham and Frawley were to do 'whatever it takes'.
I think the sheer lack of experienced players stopped us from floggin Melbourne by more. No Fisher, Gilbert, Lenny, Milney etc etc. No wonder the younger players tired. Kosi showed a lack of match fitness at the end too. He will be better next week.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:None of my business if people leave, dont really care actually. People have their own reasons and im not one to judge. Certainly wouldnt turn around and tell people to stay, again, none of my business.
Hope I didn't give the impression that I was telling people to stay. I didn't tell people to stay. All bantering as a group as I had my kids with me too :D Just commented as a joke really.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

clarky449 wrote:None of my business if people leave, dont really care actually. People have their own reasons and im not one to judge. Certainly wouldnt turn around and tell people to stay, again, none of my business.
None of your business or anybody elses if supporters want to leave when they want to leave.

I left early and had reasons.

Maybe I have a life where others have nothing better to do but to sit in a 3/4 empty MCG 16 v 17 with the game over by the 10 minute mark of the 1st quarter freezing their arses off on a Saturday night, but i had other things to do.

Will come and go as I please and the only thing pathetic is this thread.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

I left half way thru the third to go outside and get some more wood as the fire was getting low.
I made it back tho and saw the game out.

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

saint6 wrote:
tweedaletomanning wrote:If the police hadn't charged Milne this week,

Even the CEO wouldn't have been there to join us in celebrating our three milestones.

Pathetic nettlefold , seriously pathetic .

Really think you should get your facts straight. Was at the presidents function and nettlefold spoke very well about milney. Stated that as far as the club is concerned he is innocent until proven guilty.
Then had lovely interviews with riewoldt and nicky dals mothers. Followed up by jason blake speaking about the boys milestones. Pretty sure that the president always turns up to the presidents function and this one has been organised for months.
Love it when people say, "get your facts right" and then say something completely wrong. :lol:

Nettlefold is the CEO , NOT the president. FACT.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
None of your business or anybody elses if supporters want to leave when they want to leave.

I left early and had reasons.

Maybe I have a life where others have nothing better to do but to sit in a 3/4 empty MCG 16 v 17 with the game over by the 10 minute mark of the 1st quarter freezing their arses off on a Saturday night, but i had other things to do.

Will come and go as I please and the only thing pathetic is this thread.
Nothing pathetic about this thread - you agree or disagree.....it was a rare win and if you were too cold and wanted to go home early and miss seeing the boys chaired off good for you.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Nothing pathetic about this thread - you agree or disagree.....it was a rare win and if you were too cold and wanted to go home early and miss seeing the boys chaired off good for you.
Again your extreme ignorance shines through.

It was my youngest daughters 18th birthday, I was with my oldest daughter and she had to get somewhere else.

Nothing to do with too cold you absolute A-grade dullard.

I'll leave at 5 minutes into the first quarter if I like, I'll not turn up at all if I like, none of your or antyone elses fkn business.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
didzee
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:I wonder how many Saints fans ended up in my position? I left home at 3:30 for the 30 minute drive to the MCG.
I arrived at the MCG at 4pm and wished to use the first Punt Road entrance to the car park after Swan Street, The signs on the gate said car park full - use other entrances.
So I spent the next 40 minutes in a snail crawl around the MCG trying to fins an entrance into the MCG car park until just before the game started when Garry Lyon, late for his commentating gig on MMM advised that the car park was full.
I then proceeded to drive home.

That's 4 less who attended from my car alone.

Same here, left just over an hour before start from bentleigh and couldnt get close.
Still not close as game started so drove home and saw last three quarters.
Should have trained it,but couldnt believe traffic/car park issues.

Trevor1Barker

Proud player sponsor 2022
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Thought it was the most boring crowd I have ever attended. Might as well call it going to church now, the game has lost it's character in the stands

Bring back the Lockett era
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

I'm all for one criticising our attendance at the MCG always. We cry about fixtures, schedules and revenue but then refuse and don't turn up to the best stadium in the world.

BUT surely if Saints fans are leaving early while we are winning if is because majority had an event or alike to attend. For which it's admirable that came in the first place. Common sense would suggest that the main reason wouldn't be 'it's cold'.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:I'm all for one criticising our attendance at the MCG always. We cry about fixtures, schedules and revenue but then refuse and don't turn up to the best stadium in the world.

BUT surely if Saints fans are leaving early while we are winning if is because majority had an event or alike to attend. For which it's admirable that came in the first place. Common sense would suggest that the main reason wouldn't be 'it's cold'.

Exactly you dont go and watch them winning and leave because we are sick of winning. That was 3 years ago. Moronic to think they didnt have something else on or why go in the first place. To hope they lose?

Kate
Club Player

We also got caught out by the carpark. Missed the start of the game, which, from all reports was the best bit.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:Was it Jacky who was our stand in Chorus Leader tonight? !!
YES! :D

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
ando051
Club Player

There was about 20.000 saints fans and around 8.000 Melbourne. Melbourne fans were a bit feral though calling our captain f---ing useless and that coming from them, very pathetic comment. Very poor turn out on the saints fans behalf for our players mile stones. The traffic was chaotic though and very slow moving. The players seemed a bit flat as did the fans. Missing Stephen Milne I expect. **Plugger 66 are you always so negative about everything? I am not on here very often, but whenever I read your comments on any subject they are all negative are you even a Saints supporter??

SoopaSaint
Club Player

Disappointing indeed - but what can you hope for when you have a confused coach who doesn't have a distinct game (style) plan... is de-skilling our players quicker than Tony Shaw ever could at Collingwood and is using 'newbies' as a crutch to his own inabilities..? Honestly. This bloke makes Ross Lyon look competent! While loyalty may unite those of us on the 'outer' side of the fence, I look at the way other lcubs are 'blooding' players and envy them! Why can't we do it? Pick any side above us as an example. Beating Melbourne IS everything - IF you accept mediocrity. We should have pummeled them! Surely we are better than that..?!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ando051 wrote:There was about 20.000 saints fans and around 8.000 Melbourne. Melbourne fans were a bit feral though calling our captain f---ing useless and that coming from them, very pathetic comment. Very poor turn out on the saints fans behalf for our players mile stones. The traffic was chaotic though and very slow moving. The players seemed a bit flat as did the fans. Missing Stephen Milne I expect. **Plugger 66 are you always so negative about everything? I am not on here very often, but whenever I read your comments on any subject they are all negative are you even a Saints supporter??

Do you smoke drugs daily? What are you on about? Sticking up for people leaving is now negative. Give me some exampleas. is it not abusing umpires or the media?

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

SoopaSaint wrote:Disappointing indeed - but what can you hope for when you have a confused coach who doesn't have a distinct game (style) plan... is de-skilling our players quicker than Tony Shaw ever could at Collingwood and is using 'newbies' as a crutch to his own inabilities..? Honestly. This bloke makes Ross Lyon look competent! While loyalty may unite those of us on the 'outer' side of the fence, I look at the way other lcubs are 'blooding' players and envy them! Why can't we do it? Pick any side above us as an example. Beating Melbourne IS everything - IF you accept mediocrity. We should have pummeled them! Surely we are better than that..?!
But what do you think of Watters? 8-)

SoopaSaint wrote:Disappointing indeed - but what can you hope for when you have a confused coach who doesn't have a distinct game (style) plan... is de-skilling our players quicker than Tony Shaw ever could at Collingwood and is using 'newbies' as a crutch to his own inabilities..? Honestly. This bloke makes Ross Lyon look competent! While loyalty may unite those of us on the 'outer' side of the fence, I look at the way other lcubs are 'blooding' players and envy them! Why can't we do it? Pick any side above us as an example. Beating Melbourne IS everything - IF you accept mediocrity. We should have pummeled them! Surely we are better than that..?!

Pretty hard to take notice of someone who thinks RL couldnt coach. Quoted again though because it is worth people knowing who wrote this rubbish.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

It was a very disappointing crowd, but could we have honestly expected a better turnout given the opponents and the form shown by the Saints? I was actually quite surprised (and pleased) that we got 28+k there, as it never looked likely during the week. It was my second game of the season (L-O-N-G story!) and the standard of footy was at times bringing me to tears of rage, and laughter (in fairly equal measure) I t was good to be at the footy again though! And we stayed to see the boys off! It was nice to bump into my good friend Thomas before the game (we'll share a couple of beers before seasons end mate!) and I hope to see my Pals from the MW very soon!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)