It is a fan's right to boo - Matt Priddis

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ando051
Club Player

Re: It is a fan's right to boo - Matt Priddis

Milne has been booed by other footy team fans for nine years, I agree Richmond and Essendon being the worst. It shows his strength of character that he has continued to give his all and score goals, he his also very loyal to the club.
Jobe gets booed for the first time in his life, and its all become a big story, no one has spoken up for Milne in the nine years he has had to endure the abuse thrown at him every week, who has ever tried to stop it or even cared? Nobody objected on Milne's behalf. Why has it suddenly become a big issue now?

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

ando051 wrote:Milne has been booed by other footy team fans for nine years, I agree Richmond and Essendon being the worst. It shows his strength of character that he has continued to give his all and score goals, he his also very loyal to the club.
Jobe gets booed for the first time in his life, and its all become a big story, no one has spoken up for Milne in the nine years he has had to endure the abuse thrown at him every week, who has ever tried to stop it or even cared? Nobody objected on Milne's behalf. Why has it suddenly become a big issue now?
Milne would be offended if he wasn't booed. Being called the efen r word is a different story. Booing is a term of endearment.

Saintsational Legend

OK , BUT, Who the farkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk is Priddis

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Bowey Boy wrote:Fair comment Matt - I will be exercising this right on you next time we play in Melbourne...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-06-28/i ... ght-to-boo

MATT Priddis believes booing is part of the game and that fans are entitled to express their opinions following a night of drama at Patersons Stadium...
wonder how that ducking muppet would have acted if all the saints fans booed him after his ducking act for a free?

Fortius Quo Fidelius
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

CURLY wrote:West Coast fans booing Watson while sitting in the Chris Mainwarring stand with umpire Margetts cheating for them . Something a miss there. :shock:
Just LOL

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Talking of booing the Richmond fans (worst in the AFL IMO) booed Murdoch for getting a free after getting about 13 in a row themselves. The guy behind us was calling TDL gay a retard and then said he was a black p***ter - plenty of "do you need your boyfriend to kick it for you" stuff -which to their credit other tiges told to shut up when he got racist and he did. I don't think there has been any worse I've seen in a while though.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Talking of booing the Richmond fans (worst in the AFL IMO) booed Murdoch for getting a free after getting about 13 in a row themselves. The guy behind us was calling TDL gay a retard and then said he was a black p***ter - plenty of "do you need your boyfriend to kick it for you" stuff -which to their credit other tiges told to shut up when he got racist and he did. I don't think there has been any worse I've seen in a while though.
If you are a member then report them to our Membership Dept.
I believe they are supposed to report this type of abuse to the AFL.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
gringo wrote:Talking of booing the Richmond fans (worst in the AFL IMO) booed Murdoch for getting a free after getting about 13 in a row themselves. The guy behind us was calling TDL gay a retard and then said he was a black p***ter - plenty of "do you need your boyfriend to kick it for you" stuff -which to their credit other tiges told to shut up when he got racist and he did. I don't think there has been any worse I've seen in a while though.
If you are a member then report them to our Membership Dept.
I believe they are supposed to report this type of abuse to the AFL.

I'm a member but was just sitting in general admission. I'm not a fan of dobbing people in. I'm happy to tell them to shut up and let the crowd sort them out. I have heard racist and homophobic saints fans too and ask them to shut up too- this guy was just an idiot and wouldn't shut up for long but did stop the racist element just didn't want to stop the gay stuff. Tiges fans are bad because they are the loudest harassers of Milne and generally act in an abusive manner, are clueless on the rules and bleat about nothing when they don't get frees.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

A lesson learnt from last year's encounter with those awful Hawthorn supporters, is that unless you can specifically identify these people, then there isn't much the club can do.

With hindsight, and with a better phone (at the time) I should have made a 360 circle video starting with my fellow sainters and then moved slowly around to take the video of those idiots for identification purposes. No doubt I 'woud have then been accused of invading their privacy, but it would have been worth a go of sending this to their club.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Hey Gringo, if someone is doing the wrong thing THEY SHOULD BE DOBBED IN! simple as that! I personally think this "code of honour" crap about never dobbing is one of the reasons why bad behaviour goes unpunished!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)