McEvoy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: McEvoy

Macca worrries me.
Seems to have 1 very good game 5 shockers. 1 very good game 5 shockers......repeat...

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

You are living proof mods on this site are non existant. Should of been banned years ago.

F off back to bigfooty where you belong and abuse everybody on there with the rest of the imbeciles,you fit right in.

Bring back the Lockett era
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
SainterK wrote:Isn't running to contests.

I have my views, but is he injured cause he usually gets around the ground better?
Got knocked out last week. Probably still feeling the effect.

However braindead idiots like the OP and jonesy wouldn't care less if a player is not 100%.

Internet hero's who can only critisise.
Shouldn't play then. Simple
This. If he's not fit, don't f###en play.

Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:Farken moron caused another turnover

totally braindead :roll:

call yourself a supporter.

Disgrace
I may be brain dead but you are deluded.

We lost because we have more s*** players than they do. Pretty obvious isn't it?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Freebird
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Freebird wrote: JB is highly qualified in this area...braindead that is

Oh another of the braiddead brigade has joined us.

King of the halfwits is freebirdbrain.

d**khead

Joff sooks like a baby when attacked...you're playing the man you're playing the man sob sob
Last edited by Freebird on Sun 30 Jun 2013 8:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I love it when we turn on each other...

One group, we are useless... The other, we have excuses...

Haven't seen the game? Played today, but getting knocked out, and an excuse for running ability 7 days later, is a long bow...
If you didn't get to see the game you have had a good day. Delete it if you taped it and look forward to next week.

SS Life Member

He's played what, 2 good games of football this year??

His around the ground game (his previous strength) has been sorely missing for quite some time.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:You are living proof mods on this site are non existant. Should of been banned years ago.

F off back to bigfooty where you belong and abuse everybody on there with the rest of the imbeciles,you fit right in.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Freebird wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
Freebird wrote: JB is highly qualified in this area...braindead that is

Oh another of the braiddead brigade has joined us.

King of the halfwits is freebirdbrain.

d**khead

Joff sooks like a baby when attacked...you're playing the man you're playing the man sob sob

lol - being attacked by you is like being mauled by a dead sheep or a mincing poodle

lol @ you birdbrain

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

I am unsure how good he will become or what his potential is however this season has certainly not filled me with confidence going forward.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:Farken moron caused another turnover

totally braindead :roll:

call yourself a supporter.

Disgrace
I may be brain dead but you are deluded.

We lost because we have more s*** players than they do. Pretty obvious isn't it?

Obvious we have some pretty s.hit supporters, you numbering amongst them.

Disgrace.

Lance or James??

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I dont think we can persist with all Stanley Macca and Hickey on our list.

ando051
Club Player

Thought Kosi and Stanley were very disappointing. I think Stanley should be moved on, as a tall he rarely jumps and lacks intensity, plays a lazy game.
Kosi I should imagine will finish up at the end of the season. Big Mac is possible still feeling the side affects of last weeks injury,to give him the benefit of the doubt. Still I think he could do more, very inconsistent.

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Apart from Reiwoldt & Fisher our cupboard is completely bare when it comes to talls.

- McEvoy has to be slowest and least athletic ruckman in the competition. His lack of movement and skills today were deplorable!
- Hickey too thin to play as No 1 ruckman and too slow as a forward.
- Stanley hates physical contact is not a natural footballer - only hope is as a key defender.
- KOSI is a slow moving statue.
- Maister never on the park.
- Lee body of a 15 year old.
- Lever body of a pretzel.
- White as above.
- Pierce (exception due to age)

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
kalsaint
Club Player

ando051 wrote:Thought Kosi and Stanley were very disappointing. I think Stanley should be moved on, as a tall he rarely jumps and lacks intensity, plays a lazy game.
Kosi I should imagine will finish up at the end of the season. Big Mac is possible still feeling the side affects of last weeks injury,to give him the benefit of the doubt. Still I think he could do more, very inconsistent.
Really know little about Hickey other than he was worth a high level pick in the draft so the club must value him.

On Ben I have seen him play some beaut games but generally he doesn't fare well on tap out to a player. Even when he taps out often other team midfielders get it.

On Stanley I am prepared to give him more time.

My overall concerns are that our tall fellas are not particularly big bodied and don't seem to have a huge impact on the midfield and clearances like other team big blokes. This is showing up out lack of midfield depth and will take some time to repair this.

I don't think losing these guys and trying more midfielders as replacements is going to help the cause in games when we need to run out the last quarter. We need to gradually big the bodies of the team we have and keep the development of the team moving forward or we will continue to way up the fortunes of inserting 2nd hand players from other clubs against the youth development. We have done that and now find ourselves short of depth and loyalty.

We have a few years of grief while this development phase transforms to a more experienced team. I only hope we see some evidence in some games that improvement will happen (leading indicator) but I am also aware that we will cop a few floggings along the way too (part of the learning to be gained) It OK as long as we learn and improve.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
PJ
SS Life Member

Macca was poor tonight no question but he wasn't on his own and he is one of the only big bodies that can take a grab. Our midfield was shizenhousen alround.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Griggsy
SS Life Member

That handpass of his was probably the worst decision I have seen him make. He should be past doing things like that.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Rucks take time but I worry about him. If he wasn't a high pick we probably wouldn't critique him so hard but I find him painful to watch when he isn't at least getting a heap of marks. Not great at tap work has al ways worried me. Lewis Pierce is old school- he has a highlight reel full of beautiful palm downs to advantage- we seem to have got so excited by multi dimensional rucks we have forgotten why a guy who wins you first use is so important.

I thought Minson was never going to make it though and he's probably in the top few rucks this year from what I have seen of him. Hope he gets moving soon though.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

some poor form in this thread... shames me to think we're fellow sainters TBH

Fortius Quo Fidelius
kimberly saint
Club Player

the big problem is his tap work will never improve, he is not about to grow another 10cm or find sum huge spring in the box leap. Can he play the next 10 years winning 25% hit outs each game ????
He would hold pretty good trade value if only hickey could show sum more value or promise , it is not such stupid idea. We could possibly get two young mids or draft picks in a trades for him. Big gamble though if hickey turns out to bit of a dud, we have invested a bit into ben

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

where's Hickley at? injury?

Fortius Quo Fidelius
kimberly saint
Club Player

ShanghaiSaint wrote:where's Hickley at? injury?
read he played alright in the magoos yesterday sum where

jimmy_slats
Club Player

Out of all the ruckmen on the ground statisticly mcevoy was the best
He scored 120 champion data and only had 6 less hitouts than
Stephenson. Watching him around the ground and some of the marks he took
I have no idea where you are all coming from! Second. Higest rating
In the team and only 3 behind dalsanto and only 3 players on the ground
With higher data..... stats dont lie and quite frankly some of you blokes on
Here are an absolute discrace!! Absolute bunch of fair weather supporters!!

Sorry about grammer i posted from my phone

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Have to say that McEvoy was one of our best again yesterday. Cant for the liffe of me understand the negative posts towards him.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
stinger
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:Farken useless!

is anybody still seriously challanging the fact that the club stuffed up overlooking riolli and drafting mcevoy.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.