Milney next week !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Re: Milney next week !!

I say pick Milney for this week! The game's on Sunday arvo.

I won't be happy if he's forced out of the game but in the end I'll still support the Saints.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
dragit wrote:
Moods wrote:However the allegations are from 9 years ago. Nothing has changed in that time.
Yes something has changed, he has been charged.

What's the best thing for the club? Sponsorship considerations etc? Not just what Milney wants to do.

As sn aside, I personally think Milnes career is finished anyway, he's had one good game in 10 so far this year, will the circus that goes with him playing out the season be worth it? You guys obviously think it is... There's a bit more to it than "Milney's a legend, let him play, stuff everyone who doesn't like it"
Sad, but true.

He may have already played his last game.
Don't think so. Will probably play next week or the week after.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
Don't think so. Will probably play next week or the week after.
That's good.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I think everyone now knows that the AFL told St Kilda to stand Milney down until after "Women's Round". Well, women's round has come and gone and now the AFL want to hold off Milney's return for another week. The ONLY reason I can think of for this decision/thinking is that if Milney was to return next week fingers can/will be pointed at the AFL regarding their tokenism towards women's round !!

I would suggest that milney will play next week, tomorrow is the mention hearing. it might be a little diffeicult with all the publicity and emotions for this week.

Kiedis
Club Player

dragit wrote:What's the best thing for the club? Sponsorship considerations etc? Not just what Milney wants to do.

As sn aside, I personally think Milnes career is finished anyway, he's had one good game in 10 so far this year, will the circus that goes with him playing out the season be worth it? You guys obviously think it is... There's a bit more to it than "Milney's a legend, let him play, stuff everyone who doesn't like it"
I know there are countless serious facets to consider when it comes to the smooth, successful running of a footy club.

But to be brutally honest, I like to leave that to the people running the club.

I'm a footy supporter. More to the point, a Saints supporter.

The day I care more about the clubs sponsorship deals, & hell, any of the business side to it..

Over the great characters of the game & down-right bloody heroes of mine I've watched go in & do battle for us over the years. Bring us SO close.

That's the day I stop caring about football.

Sorry boys & girls, I'm all about the romance over here. That's why I love the footy.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Kiedis wrote:
dragit wrote:What's the best thing for the club? Sponsorship considerations etc? Not just what Milney wants to do.

I know there are countless serious facets to consider when it comes to the smooth, successful running of a footy club.

But to be brutally honest, I like to leave that to the people running the club.

I'm a footy supporter. More to the point, a Saints supporter.

The day I care more about the clubs sponsorship deals, & hell, any of the business side to it..

Over the great characters of the game & down-right bloody heroes of mine I've watched go in & do battle for us over the years. Bring us SO close.

That's the day I stop caring about football.

Sorry boys & girls, I'm all about the romance over here. That's why I love the footy.
That's a good post mate, totally understand... I love what milney has done for the club, but I am looking forward to this whole saga being behind the club. Looking forward to going to the football without having hearing 20,000+ rabid morons screaming "you're a farking rapist c***"

I'm over it, I bet every StKilda player & fan are too.

I hope he gets at least a farewell game.

Kiedis
Club Player

dragit wrote:That's a good post mate, totally understand... I love what milney has done for the club, but I am looking forward to this whole saga being behind the club. Looking forward to going to the football without having hearing 20,000+ rabid morons screaming "you're a farking rapist c***"

I'm over it, I bet every StKilda player & fan are too.

I hope he gets at least a farewell game.
Likewise, totally understand this point of view. I just really feel for the bloke, he's copped a lot more than he's deserved over the years.

And for what he's given to us & the club. He deserves to ride off into the sunset with his head held high.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Had a chuckle...when he is playing he gets bagged bigtime on here ...now everyone is desperate for his comeback....some of you people crack me up...sort of.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Had a chuckle...when he is playing he gets bagged bigtime on here ...now everyone is desperate for his comeback....some of you people crack me up...sort of.
Was hanging on by his toe nails before his last match.
Not exactly short of small forwards without ability to play in the midfield, pay out his contract and let him focus on his legal battles.
Rotate those other small forwards through the side so Watters can decide if any are worth persevering with.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

At least the club has shown some leadership on this, unlike others we could name.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:At least the club has shown some leadership on this, unlike others we could name.
We are tanking.

Essendon don't need to try and tank to finish on the bottom!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:
The Fireman wrote:Had a chuckle...when he is playing he gets bagged bigtime on here ...now everyone is desperate for his comeback....some of you people crack me up...sort of.
Was hanging on by his toe nails before his last match.
Not exactly short of small forwards without ability to play in the midfield, pay out his contract and let him focus on his legal battles.
Rotate those other small forwards through the side so Watters can decide if any are worth persevering with.
He is still our best small forward who can play midfield...so ??

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

freely wrote:The reason for him not to play is out of respect to the woman who - for nine years - has been waiting for him to be brought to account. He's been charged with rape for god's sake - not with drink-driving.

Troll!!!

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

ralphsmith wrote:f*** the court date

get milne back on the field playing for the saints asap
Amen to that!!!

southernsaint
Club Player

Good Luck today Milney

Furphy
Club Player

I thought the case a couple of years ago against a certain "St.Kilda player" who never played a game for us was more likely to end in a conviction that anything Milne is charged with. Whatever happened to the allegations against a couple of filth players after the 2010 GF? That went quiet very quickly!

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Milney was in court for 4 mins !

Bailed until next court appearance in september .

Think he may play the rest of the season like there's no tomorrow !

In red white and black from 73
southernsaint
Club Player

Yep, straight in the side next week for kosi's 200th and send off. And the blake deserves a send off game as well, depending on injury

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The good thing about this thread heading is eventually it should be right.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Furphy wrote:Whatever happened to the allegations against a couple of filth players after the 2010 GF? That went quiet very quickly!
Well, if there was police corruption holding up proceedings, then perhaps the filth players will have another 6 years in which to bide their time.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
ando051
Club Player

Unfortunately for Stephen Milne, this case has been dragged up again due to the fact that it has been deemed that evidence was tampered with no fault of Milne's at all. Nine years is a long time ago, this has all got out of hand and become political between the investigating bodies, one accusing one department of doing this and another department within the police force accusing them of destroying evidence. Milne is stuck in the middle of it all. Only Joey, Stephen and the two females no what really happened. I feel that the club and fans should show Milne the same loyalty that he has shown the club, I know I have and always will. He has been cleared of any wrong doing a couple of times, I feel the women involved is being pressured to continue this by the police, to now try and make themselves look better for messing up everything in the first place. I hope to see him play next week, he has not been found guilty of anything. I did hear that the woman involved was jealous that her friend went first with Milne then off with Joey, as she really liked Joey, and that she was angry with her friend. Also why go to the police 48 hours later to report it? Nine years ago Milne was not a high profile player at all, it was more or less the start of his career with the Saints, this being the reason, to ask why would anyone try to protect him? Lets rally round him, this case is already flawed this time around as well, by the Herald Sun printing parts of statements by the people involved.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ando051 wrote:Unfortunately for Stephen Milne, this case has been dragged up again due to the fact that it has been deemed that evidence was tampered with no fault of Milne's at all. Nine years is a long time ago, this has all got out of hand and become political between the investigating bodies, one accusing one department of doing this and another department within the police force accusing them of destroying evidence. Milne is stuck in the middle of it all. Only Joey, Stephen and the two females no what really happened. I feel that the club and fans should show Milne the same loyalty that he has shown the club, I know I have and always will. He has been cleared of any wrong doing a couple of times, I feel the women involved is being pressured to continue this by the police, to now try and make themselves look better for messing up everything in the first place. I hope to see him play next week, he has not been found guilty of anything. I did hear that the woman involved was jealous that her friend went first with Milne then off with Joey, as she really liked Joey, and that she was angry with her friend. Also why go to the police 48 hours later to report it? Nine years ago Milne was not a high profile player at all, it was more or less the start of his career with the Saints, this being the reason, to ask why would anyone try to protect him? Lets rally round him, this case is already flawed this time around as well, by the Herald Sun printing parts of statements by the people involved.

He has never been cleared and i doubt you would know if there is any pressure on the woman to continue this. She may feel she was wronged and wants justice. I for one will continue to support Milney but i dont by much of what you wrote.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

ando051 wrote:Unfortunately for Stephen Milne, this case has been dragged up again due to the fact that it has been deemed that evidence was tampered with no fault of Milne's at all. Nine years is a long time ago, this has all got out of hand and become political between the investigating bodies, one accusing one department of doing this and another department within the police force accusing them of destroying evidence. Milne is stuck in the middle of it all. Only Joey, Stephen and the two females no what really happened. I feel that the club and fans should show Milne the same loyalty that he has shown the club, I know I have and always will. He has been cleared of any wrong doing a couple of times, I feel the women involved is being pressured to continue this by the police, to now try and make themselves look better for messing up everything in the first place. I hope to see him play next week, he has not been found guilty of anything.
Well said.

ando051 wrote:I did hear that the woman involved was jealous that her friend went first with Milne then off with Joey, as she really liked Joey, and that she was angry with her friend. Also why go to the police 48 hours later to report it? Nine years ago Milne was not a high profile player at all, it was more or less the start of his career with the Saints, this being the reason, to ask why would anyone try to protect him?
This part I have no idea about and am not prepared to speculate over it.

I can't help to think that it will be a very strange outcome, whatever becomes of it.

I guess the best we can hope for is that the correct verdict will be accordingly given within an uncorrupted judicial hearing.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
I guess the best we can hope for is that the correct verdict will be accordingly given within an uncorrupted judicial hearing.

you would only hope so......where do you get a jury in victoria with no chance of anyone who has previously expressed a detrimental opinion of milne serving on it.....?????

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Richter
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

you would only hope so......where do you get a jury in victoria with no chance of anyone who has previously expressed a detrimental opinion of milne serving on it.....?????
You'd be surprised how many people would never have heard of Steven Milne. Amazingly (to me at any rate and probably to the majority on here!) many people simply have no interest in aussie rules footy... even here in Victoria.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...