Be Prepared For Saturday Night

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: Be Prepared For Saturday Night

BackFromUSA wrote:Just a gut feeling but wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play ... and Nathan Wright comes in. Milne plays with Sandringham instead.

That way the club gets the media firestorm out of the way ... and makes the following week an anti climax when he does return vs Port.
No way, Sandy play tomorrow arvo, would be silly for the club to make fools of themselves.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:Just a gut feeling but wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play ... and Nathan Wright comes in. Milne plays with Sandringham instead.

That way the club gets the media firestorm out of the way ... and makes the following week an anti climax when he does return vs Port.

I dont think that is happening unless they have a rethink tomorrow.
Why?
Do you have some info??

I like BFUSA's idea.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Saturday night time slot = feral drunk Blues fans.

This will be very ugly.

I believe Milne should play - but on common sense grounds I would have bought him back against Port next week.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:I wonder if Luke Darcy and his mates will be as appalled as they were when the confessed drug cheat was booed against the WCE... There was genuine outrage and disgust... Lets hope that the media afford Milne the same level of support Watson received..

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Even if Milne doesn't play with Sandringham by naming him NOW ... the media burns itself out now ... hold him back a week (late swap for Wright) which means when he comes back V Port it is our home game and not many opposition fans ... and the media story will have run it's course the week before

The added bonus will be that the Blues will have planned for him to play ... but probably are planning for him not to play as well

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
markp
Saintsational Legend

BackFromUSA wrote:Even if Milne doesn't play with Sandringham by naming him NOW ... the media burns itself out now ... hold him back a week (late swap for Wright) which means when he comes back V Port it is our home game and not many opposition fans ... and the media story will have run it's course the week before

The added bonus will be that the Blues will have planned for him to play ... but probably are planning for him not to play as well
I don't see how he can play now without it being messy for the club and feral beyond belief... I don't see how they can prevent him playing now without it being messy for the club and farcical beyond belief.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I actually feel a bit apprehensive about it, not sure why....a feeling of foreboding
Personally I just feel like the whole thing is wrong. He shouldn't play. I'll be there but I'm not sure I can bring myself to cheer too much for him.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:
Sobraz wrote:I wonder if Luke Darcy and his mates will be as appalled as they were when the confessed drug cheat was booed against the WCE... There was genuine outrage and disgust... Lets hope that the media afford Milne the same level of support Watson received..

exactly.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

markp ... because there will be a media response (like on here) where the first story (running now) is from the anti him playing ... which is soon to be replaced by voices who explain "innocent until proven guilty" messaging ... from AFLPA, Saints, legal eagles and anyone else the media can get to comment ... today and tonight (for papers Friday morning) and for TV news tomorrow.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
matrix wrote:

exactly.
But does Milne have any connection to channel 7?

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
SainterK wrote:I actually feel a bit apprehensive about it, not sure why....a feeling of foreboding
Personally I just feel like the whole thing is wrong. He shouldn't play. I'll be there but I'm not sure I can bring myself to cheer too much for him.
I don't know how to articulate it.

Which is perhaps why I don't, and choose not to have an opinion on it.

I'll just keep to talking footy with this one.

milney044
Club Player

It's not going to be easy. But I have backed Milne for 9 years and while others can't bring themselves to go to the game, I simply can't bring myself NOt to go. Milne is a strong guy, but if I'm going to back him, he needs that support 100%. And that to me is not to shy away from supporting him in moments when he needs it most. I have no doubt he will come out firing, regardless of how many saints fans go, but at least I know my attendance will mean one less Blues fan to hurle abuse.

Keep doing what you do best Milney, I'll be there every step of the way.

GO SAINTS! Lets bring those Blues fans more grief!!

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Let's also remember that Carlscum have their fair share of skeletons in the closet when it comes to criminal activity.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Let's also remember that Carlscum have their fair share of skeletons in the closet when it comes to criminal activity.

Im not sure mentioning them will help the situation though and I doubt a moron who is going to yell out will say no I wont because our club has stuffed up as well.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Doesn't sit well with me...

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Doesn't sit well with me...

what doesn't?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
BigMart wrote:Doesn't sit well with me...

what doesn't?

His couch.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

The fact we have a player who is playing, accused of sexual assault.

In my profession, you would be stood down with pay pending investigation and if cleared resume, or if not sacked.

The presumption of innocence means he can't be punished yet, but the fact he's been charged with a serious crime and still representing StK footy club at the same time is puzzling. The victim on this forum has generally been Milney (and he may be) but I think we need to consider the other party ATM, since he's been charged.
I would think Milney would want this trial to happen, if he's innocent... To finally clear his name or conscience.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:The fact we have a player who is playing, accused of sexual assault.

In my profession, you would be stood down with pay pending investigation and if cleared resume, or if not sacked.

The presumption of innocence means he can't be punished yet, but the fact he's been charged with a serious crime and still representing StK footy club at the same time is puzzling. The victim on this forum has generally been Milney (and he may be) but I think we need to consider the other party ATM, since he's been charged.
I would think Milney would want this trial to happen, if he's innocent... To finally clear his name or conscience.

The problem is you are never found innocent. i would bet if the trial was tonight and he was found not guilty the booing would still be as bad tomorrow and that is why there are no winners even after the trial. To many Milney will always be know as a rapist and that clearly isnt fair if he is innocent. It also isnt fair if he is not guilty to aggrevied party if he actually did something wrong which you think the girl beleives. Its a terrible situation for all.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

AFL‏@AFL22s
Etihad Stadium management has asked fans to "barrack responsibly" at #AFLBluesSaints on Saturday: http://afl.to/1dphwBF

and that will work

MUM: Boys play nice

Boys: punch pinch tap tap harder......

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Milney is in.

I'll be there with bells on!

It couldn't be as bad as the dreadful Geelong supporters in 2011 and 2012 talking about 'It's Vardy time!' especially this absolute a$rsh&le in front of us who said he had his Premiership medallion around his neck!

PS I wonder where that d&ckhead was before 2007 and that easy Grand Final win they got!
Was he proudly supporting the cats? maybe not.

Look it's bloody tough to support our team.
If you can't handle it, follow Essendon...that should give you a shot in the arm!

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

According to Channel 10, the AFL has said it will not be adding extra security for the game.

Great, so much for duty of care for supporters. And they wonder why families will stay away.

We'll be on our own and like others I feel some trepidation about going to this game.

But I will be going.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:Milney is in.

I'll be there with bells on!

It couldn't be as bad as the dreadful Geelong supporters in 2011 and 2012 talking about 'It's Vardy time!' especially this absolute a$rsh&le in front of us who said he had his Premiership medallion around his neck!

PS I wonder where that d&ckhead was before 2007 and that easy Grand Final win they got!
Was he proudly supporting the cats? maybe not.

Look it's bloody tough to support our team.
If you can't handle it, follow Essendon...that should give you a shot in the arm!

OMG.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:AFL‏@AFL22s
Etihad Stadium management has asked fans to "barrack responsibly" at #AFLBluesSaints on Saturday: http://afl.to/1dphwBF

and that will work

What a farce. The AFL have clearly stuffed up yet again. You'd think with all the previous players being charged over the years that they'd have a clear policy endorsed by the players and AFLPA that stated that players ate automatically stood down if charged for serious crime (eg rape, murder, manslaughter, GBH etc).

The AOC have one.

You just watch the AFL Hindsight Heroes wake up to themselves and at the end of the season they'll finally have a policy.

I fully blame the AFL - the Saints are probably running chickenshit away from getting sued by just playing him with the backing of the AFL as the AFL hasn't a leg to stand on either at the moment.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
saintbrat wrote:AFL‏@AFL22s

and that will work

What a farce. The AFL have clearly stuffed up yet again. You'd think with all the previous players being charged over the years that they'd have a clear policy endorsed by the players and AFLPA that stated that players ate automatically stood down if charged for serious crime (eg rape, murder, manslaughter, GBH etc).

The AOC have one.

You just watch the AFL Hindsight Heroes wake up to themselves and at the end of the season they'll finally have a policy.

I fully blame the AFL - the Saints are probably running chickenshit away from getting sued by just playing him with the backing of the AFL as the AFL hasn't a leg to stand on either at the moment.

What are you on about. i have not one little doubt had they stood him down indefinately you would be saying the AFL are a disgrace for having this policy or many others would. Blaming the AFL for this. Surely you are joking?