I will get caned for this

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Re: I will get caned for this

patto wrote:
+1
One of my best mates is italian and refers to himself and his family as wogs. He dosnt have an issue with the word "wog" and would agree that society is becoming far to precious. Oh and your spot on with the reference of playing the "poms" and i bet 99% of society has no issue there!
How can you say that when you're not a "wog" yourself and when your part of the greater majority. The one example you used is a complete generalization and an over simplification. I can think of plenty of examples where ethnic minorities, including myself growing up in the 70s were labelled wogs in a very racist, aggressive and defamatory way.

"Wog" has been softened somewhat because it has become common vernacular in Australian popular culture but it doesn't mean it's not a racist word.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

To Patto and Fireman,
The problem is that you can't possibly know what it feels like because you are not a "wog" and you're most likely part of the stronger majority. The one example you used is a complete generalization and an over simplification. I am speaking from first hand experience and can think of plenty of examples where ethnic minorities growing up in the 70s, including myself, were labelled wogs in a very racist, aggressive and defamatory way.

The word was not used as a joke but as a way to make someone feel different and inferior.

"Wog" has been softened somewhat because it has become common vernacular in Australian popular culture but it doesn't mean it's not a racist word. Now calling a wog alludes to buffoonery and stupidity and is a sell out by dumb wogs who want to sell stupid TV shows and films and long to be accepted by the majority.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Saintpav..you called me an ignorant fool in an aggressive and defamatory way and that can't be softened.

Does one cancel the other? or is it just a one way street?

Food for thought.

PS you didn't upset me simply because you don't know me , if you did you wouldn't have called me that I'm sure.
cheers.

PPS I would like to know who the minorities are now.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Saintpav..you called me an ignorant fool in an aggressive and defamatory way and that can't be softened.

Does one cancel the other? or is it just a one way street?

Food for thought.

PS you didn't upset me simply because you don't know me , if you did you wouldn't have called me that I'm sure.
cheers.

PPS I would like to know who the minorities are now.

Well that's good but I called you an ignorant fool because you used the term wog which is a racists term used by some ignorant people.

Of course I don't know you, but I do know that you're not a wog and it sounds like you don't get what I wrote.

Playon
Club Player

Its something like 90% of all rape charges are decided in favor of the accused rapist. Most of the women who are raped are made aware of this fact and what they need to go though, a lot dont proceed. Yeah thats in Australia.

It doesnt mean Milne is guilty.

AFL clubs need to do more in educating their players and so does Society. I really dont know whether to support Milney or not. I feel sorry for his family, his self, and the girl involved.

Either way its more serious than a game of football and he shouldnt be playing. Andrew Lovett ?

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Are you people kidding me ! Pathetic some of the comments here ,, presumption of innocence ,, some comments here want to make me throw up.

Support or don't support , but stop with dribble comments.

Consider yourself well CANED JB !

What will be next from this club ?
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

As someone who did go last night I have to say that I think a lot of people used last night's match as some kind of excuse to say anything they liked. Some of the Blues supporters behind me, who were reasonable for most of the night, went completely over the top every time Milney went anywhere near the ball.
As for the racist words being bandied around on this forum I would just say that there is no need to go there really.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Of course I don't know you, but I do know that you're not a wog and it sounds like you don't get what I wrote.

I know The Fireman intimately, and can tell you that he is from the island of Ibanez which is off the eastern coast of Ethnia.
He is not actually a fireman, he just wants to be one when he grows up.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
twirlyhair
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:But cant bring myself to go on Saturday night with Milne in the team.

Not a case of me thinking he is guilty, he is entitled to the presumption of innocence, I just dont want to be involved in an ugly crowd.

I feel for everyone in this tawdry episode, including us as supporters, even though it pales into insignificance compared to what Milne, his family, the woman and her family are going through.

However I could not enjoy the game with him in the team even though I love him as a footballer.

There is too much ugliness in the world, and I fear Saturday night will be one of the ugliest crowd reactions to a player in a long long time.

I dont want to be party to that. I dont want to be involved in a mob mentality on either side. I dont want to be involved in the negativity and ugliness of it all.

I didnt go for the same reason. The ugliness last night was not sport.

So I will sit this one out. Call me soft, call me a piker, I dont mind.

Its how i feel.

Go Saints hope you absolutely thrash the Bluse and Milney kicks a bag.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Well much to my embarrassment I got sucked in...alcohol is my excuse. As much as I tried I couldn't help myself in the end. I was watching the game last night at Cazaly's which is the venue where yesterdays game in Cairns was held between Richmond and the Suns.

Watching the game in front of me on the big screen were 2 Carlton morons up from Melbourne and wouldn't you believe it, but every time time Milne went near the bell they couldn't help themselves. Anyway I decided to yell out Malthouse is a "kiddy fiddler" and Peadophile loudly and repeatedly. Anyway they took exception to it and they decided to have a crack at me which was my intention I have to be honest and their opening line was "how do you know he is a ..." unbelievable. As I say I'm embarrassed today by my own behaviour but at the time I thought I had a pretty good point to make.

BTW P66 you are wrong, there is a worse crime.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
SaintPav wrote: Of course I don't know you, but I do know that you're not a wog and it sounds like you don't get what I wrote.

I know The Fireman intimately, and can tell you that he is from the island of Ibanez which is off the eastern coast of Ethnia.
He is not actually a fireman, he just wants to be one when he grows up.

I have no idea what that means.

ando051
Club Player

My partner and I went to the match Saturday night, to support the St. Kilda Football team, Stephen Milne being part of that. We managed to focus on watching and enjoying the match. The opposition fans seemed a bit worse than usual though the Carlton grog squad being up and about, the booing though was louder than normal. Going back to being "innocent until proven guilty" just seems right to me. Unfortunately for Stephen if he is found guilty - "it will be we told you so" and remove any accountability for all this crowd bad behaviour, which he will have to cop,and if found innocent of any wrong doing - it will be "he got away with it" it seems that peoples minds are already made up. The Herald Sun and Channel 7 have even had polls about is guilt or innocence. The Sun reported that he kept his trackie top on to hide is number, he always has in the pre match warm up. They cannot even report the simplest of things accurately. Every Article now commences with Steven Milne charged with four cases of rape, no mention at all that he is an all Australian, the things he has done for charity, one being paying for a funeral, because the family could not afford too, and much more. I suppose that's journalism these days, it does annoy me, I guess in an ideal world journalism would be reported in a subjective way, instead of inciting bad crowd behaviour and prejudiced against a man who should be presumed innocent until otherwise proven.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

ando, great stuff but did Ch7 and HS have polls about if he should play or if he was guilty? The poll I saw on seven was about him being able to play.

Folk don't get that these laws are around to protect everyone. Typical mob mentality who want their piece of flesh.

ando051
Club Player

Saint pav, sorry mate, got a bit carried away the polls were whether he should play or not. Now I am not getting my facts right!! My apologies....

ralphsmith
SS Hall of Fame

pissweak

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

ralphsmith wrote:pissweak
your simplistic one word post is irrelevent.

Try sentances.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Spelling?

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

mcadam05 wrote:Just remind them of Carlton's own history of its players and sexual assault , even good'ol John Elliott made it part of his shtick at sportsmen nights how he joked he payed off women who would dare too cry rape
one of their greatest ever players was a jailbird....big nick...people in glass houses......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Wayne42 wrote:
mcadam05 wrote:Just remind them of Carlton's own history of its players and sexual assault , even good'ol John Elliott made it part of his shtick at sportsmen nights how he joked he payed off women who would dare too cry rape
Ask them how Doratich is going, is he still allowed to sit in a car.. what a wanker

yeah...i remember that they tried to rush him though a night court sitting when they thought no one was watching.....

i worked with maurice sankey in tassie in the commonwealth bank......he was let go for stealing money that he was overpaid by an old dear when he was working as a teller.....should have been charged.....dead now....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:As someone who did go last night I have to say that I think a lot of people used last night's match as some kind of excuse to say anything they liked. Some of the Blues supporters behind me, who were reasonable for most of the night, went completely over the top every time Milney went anywhere near the ball.
that's what i found too......but then i went over the top both times milne kicked a goal..... :) :) :) :)

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Well much to my embarrassment I got sucked in...alcohol is my excuse. As much as I tried I couldn't help myself in the end. I was watching the game last night at Cazaly's which is the venue where yesterdays game in Cairns was held between Richmond and the Suns.

Watching the game in front of me on the big screen were 2 Carlton morons up from Melbourne and wouldn't you believe it, but every time time Milne went near the bell they couldn't help themselves. Anyway I decided to yell out Malthouse is a "kiddy fiddler" and Peadophile loudly and repeatedly. Anyway they took exception to it and they decided to have a crack at me which was my intention I have to be honest and their opening line was "how do you know he is a ..." unbelievable. As I say I'm embarrassed today by my own behaviour but at the time I thought I had a pretty good point to make.

BTW P66 you are wrong, there is a worse crime.
Good on you CM! Not need to apologise. You were proving a point. By the way, are you connected with any local Cairns teams? Did you used to play? Only ask cos I played for Souths Balaclava (now the Cutters) from 1984 to 1992. Just interested.

Sock Puppet
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:
The Fireman wrote:I would go just to reply with "Cheating wogs" :D
How is this funny in the slightest???.. Use any other clearly racist term and you'd get jumped on, but this is ok??!!..

not in my opinion...
Italy's first black Cabinet minister Cecile Kyenge, 48, was born in Congo and moved to Italy three decades ago to study medicine. An eye surgeon, she lives in Modena with her Italian husband and two children.

Sun Jul 14, 2013:

Roberto Calderoli, vice president of Italy's Senate and a member of the anti-immigration Northern League party, told a political rally in the northern town of Treviglio:
"I love animals - bears and wolves, as everyone knows - but when I see the pictures of Kyenge I cannot but think of, even if I'm not saying she is one, the features of an orangutan."

not in my opinion...

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I think Fireman was just trying to be affable.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!