TDl out trade or chop...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Re: TDl out trade or chop...

skeptic wrote:Very average

deserves a long stint in the 2s
Deserves a long stint in the WAFL.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

TDL has very few redeeming features. He is too small to be a marking forward, he's not fast or skilled enough to be a crumbing forward, he provides no defensive pressure, can't play anywhere else and wastes opportunities in front of goal.

He does get in good positions to receive the footy sometimes, but that just isn't enough for an AFL player. You can get away with being a soft receiver at lower levels, not in the AFL. The only thing keeping him in the side is that he obviously gets along well with Watters.

Saad obviously has some major shortcomings, but at least you know he gives his all and doesn't miss simple set shots.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

TDL out for me, i really tried to give the guy a go.... but watching him last night that was it.. Saad has a heap of work to do but hope he can come good....

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Mitch35
Club Player

Will be interesting to see what Scotty does. With Milera out, and Saad somewhat out of action with Ramadan, will TDL get more games?

Or more to the point, will we see Ledger come in, since he can kick goals, and provide midfield pressure? Shenton should also be very excited given his performance today...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:When Milneys time is up who will be our two crumming forwards?

Assuming Schneiderman is probably finished, then apart from Terrence Trent Darby there is only Saad and The Virus.
All three seem to have profound deficiencies.
darren minchington

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
StGoddard18
Club Player

I'm in a very bad habit of calling him Lois...

Follow me on Twitter @Prestie18
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

stinger wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:When Milneys time is up who will be our two crumming forwards?

Assuming Schneiderman is probably finished, then apart from Terrence Trent Darby there is only Saad and The Virus.
All three seem to have profound deficiencies.
darren minchington
Do we have another spot on the list due to Ferguson's injury? (Did he drop back to the rookie list?)

If so you'd think Minchington would be worth a look... Especially in light of the rest of our small forwards being either terribly out of touch or just terrible.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:Watch the replay of Saunders getting crunched, and see where TDL is....

3 meters off his opponent, waiting for the cheap ball to come out the back. He needed to get involved in the contest, take his man off his run at the ball and call Saunders in.

Genuine list clogger ATM. Get a kid with potential in, not a VFL standard hack.
noticed the same and wasn't happy - should have protected saunders. Either lazy or gutless.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Trade or delist - play Curren, Ledger or Minchington players who can run thru the midfield ...

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Mitch35 wrote:Will be interesting to see what Scotty does. With Milera out, and Saad somewhat out of action with Ramadan, will TDL get more games?

Or more to the point, will we see Ledger come in, since he can kick goals, and provide midfield pressure? Shenton should also be very excited given his performance today...
sipposs for me.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

sandy today....

Goals:Minchington 3 Shenton Tiernan White Dunell 2 Murdoch Ledger Saad Wright Milera Siposs

gringo
Saintsational Legend

TDL was actually working really hard off the ball and corrals players in and does a lot of running. I thought he played well despite not converting. He's actually really accurate usually and if he gets 5 possessions he will usually nail 4 goals from them. Milney has never exactly played a hard man and he's a champion.

You don't need 22 Lenny's in the team. Gram wasn't needed as a hard man and at his best his game as the receiver and user was elite standard. it was never softness that killed his career despite not being tough- his long kicking went inaccurate. Otherwise they would have kept him despite his failings as a human being.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:TDL was actually working really hard off the ball and corrals players in and does a lot of running. I thought he played well despite not converting. He's actually really accurate usually and if he gets 5 possessions he will usually nail 4 goals from them. Milney has never exactly played a hard man and he's a champion.

You don't need 22 Lenny's in the team. Gram wasn't needed as a hard man and at his best his game as the receiver and user was elite standard. it was never softness that killed his career despite not being tough- his long kicking went inaccurate. Otherwise they would have kept him despite his failings as a human being.

Gringo you think everyone who plays for us is a good player. Your loyalty is outstanding but we are an ordinary side so I suggest many who play for us arent up to it. TDL seems certain to be one of them. You always suggest new players the club should recruit and then suggest nearly all our players are good. Im afraid its impossible to do both. You say Milera can play as well. Im also sure you think Saad can play. well evidence suggests they arent that good and may have to go to improve our side in the future.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:TDL was actually working really hard off the ball and corrals players in and does a lot of running. I thought he played well despite not converting. He's actually really accurate usually and if he gets 5 possessions he will usually nail 4 goals from them. Milney has never exactly played a hard man and he's a champion.

Gringo you think everyone who plays for us is a good player. Your loyalty is outstanding but we are an ordinary side so I suggest many who play for us arent up to it. TDL seems certain to be one of them. You always suggest new players the club should recruit and then suggest nearly all our players are good. Im afraid its impossible to do both. You say Milera can play as well. Im also sure you think Saad can play. well evidence suggests they arent that good and may have to go to improve our side in the future.

i'm happy to say that I am a loyal supporter but i don't know why you think i love every player. I just don't feel a need to sink the boot into our guys. Their is a mob mentality that if a guy is struggling one starts then people line up for a kick. It's cowardice and sad because most are clueless.

I backed in Lee because I had seen enough in him to think he had a future and the fact you were all writing him off after he had played one game was ridiculous. Same with TDL despite his age he is very inexperienced and he has been pretty good so far just no super star. One of them will probably make it out of the three and i'm happy to back the club into seeing which offers the most scope for improvement.

Bagging them and declaring their careers over after about 5 games is silly. Especially if they come good. I remember Raph saying post career that the animosity effected his confidence- same with Brent Stanton. i don't see why the people who follow our club would want him to fail. It only appeals to sad people who want to be the first to call it or cowards that need a scape goat to deal with frustration.

I would back a smaller guy up if he was getting bashed by a group and see it in the same way- I have the backs of the guys who play in our colours. Keep bagging- I'll keep fronting up.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

i'm happy to say that I am a loyal supporter but i don't know why you think i love every player. I just don't feel a need to sink the boot into our guys. Their is a mob mentality that if a guy is struggling one starts then people line up for a kick. It's cowardice and sad because most are clueless.

I backed in Lee because I had seen enough in him to think he had a future and the fact you were all writing him off after he had played one game was ridiculous. Same with TDL despite his age he is very inexperienced and he has been pretty good so far just no super star. One of them will probably make it out of the three and i'm happy to back the club into seeing which offers the most scope for improvement.

Bagging them and declaring their careers over after about 5 games is silly. Especially if they come good. I remember Raph saying post career that the animosity effected his confidence- same with Brent Stanton. i don't see why the people who follow our club would want him to fail. It only appeals to sad people who want to be the first to call it or cowards that need a scape goat to deal with frustration.

I would back a smaller guy up if he was getting bashed by a group and see it in the same way- I have the backs of the guys who play in our colours. Keep bagging- I'll keep fronting up.

All good but to improve players must go and a few of them at that. it isnt just retirements that will give us enough picks. TDL is experienced enough and worst of all we have to many of his types anyway. if he doesntt have a contract next year I would rather lose him than say a 21 year old or a hayes who helps the younger guys. And anyone who writes off players after a few games no nothing about the game so i wouldnt worry about them.

felix
Club Player

It's a tough business footy especially when your playing for your footy life, TDL must realise that he is possibly a few games away from football oblivion in the AFL . As a saints supporter I want him to succeed I recognise he has some good skills but also see he is a feather weight which sees him knocked around pretty easy. The coach obviously sees some potential in him so give him his due he has made it this far he's living the dream , a big preseason a bit more baulk and experience and he could be a very handy player. Have faith that if he is really not that good he won't last too much longer but in the mean time support our players who pull on the jumper .

stinger
Saintsational Legend

felix wrote:It's a tough business footy especially when your playing for your footy life, TDL must realise that he is possibly a few games away from football oblivion in the AFL . As a saints supporter I want him to succeed I recognise he has some good skills but also see he is a feather weight which sees him knocked around pretty easy. The coach obviously sees some potential in him so give him his due he has made it this far he's living the dream , a big preseason a bit more baulk and experience and he could be a very handy player. Have faith that if he is really not that good he won't last too much longer but in the mean time support our players who pull on the jumper .
ducked his head again last night....

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i felt TDL should have been dropped this week and Milera played but meh ....

in the end i think TDL was traded for because the team knew Schnides was cooked & i reckon Milera was a chance to walk , with Milne in his probable last year that left only Saad as the small ... Saad is suffering 2nd year blues (happens to a lot of players) TDL hasnt worked out for us ill agree 100% and i reckon he will have a fight to get back into the team do we delist him ? prob but looking at the ammount of guys we may have out of the team at years end Kosi, Blake, Milne , Lenny(possibly), Ledger, Milera (maybe), Shnides (slight chance)... he might keep a spot on the team after all we are not likely to use a round 7 draft pick are we ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Trade for what? Delist or keep.
A lot of folk are delusional and think all our players have trade value.
tdl ...what would you get.......a chips wrapper and a used franga maybe......????

dragit
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i felt TDL should have been dropped this week and Milera played but meh ....

in the end i think TDL was traded for because the team knew Schnides was cooked & i reckon Milera was a chance to walk , with Milne in his probable last year that left only Saad as the small ... Saad is suffering 2nd year blues (happens to a lot of players) TDL hasnt worked out for us ill agree 100% and i reckon he will have a fight to get back into the team do we delist him ? prob but looking at the ammount of guys we may have out of the team at years end Kosi, Blake, Milne , Lenny(possibly), Ledger, Milera (maybe), Shnides (slight chance)... he might keep a spot on the team after all we are not likely to use a round 7 draft pick are we ...
Does he have another year trav?

I would imagine that we would have had to offer him a 2 year deal to move down in the first place?

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

garbage, nowhere near AFL... cut him loose at the end of the year... harsh but it's true, would rather take a punt on a late pick

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

mightysainters wrote:garbage, nowhere near AFL... cut him loose at the end of the year... harsh but it's true, would rather take a punt on a late pick
right so your solution is cut him .. pay out his last year he is currently contracted to (as mentioned he would have come on at least a two year deal) then use pick 115 in the draft on a guy that every club overlooked at least 6 times ?!?!?!? im sorry TDL might not be any good but he can play at AFL level pick 115 would be playing sandy reserves ... i dont disagree he is not the future of the club but lets be realistic here we are going to be down for a few years so cuting all the dead wood in the first year is pointless every year we have to cut 3 players minimum if we cut all the "duds" this year plus all the retirments who do we cut next year ? ... list management is know when to cut your losses and when to hold ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/