What a suprise. Cheats.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Re: What a suprise. Cheats.

Dal gave him the opportunity to drop the ball and get the 50. Had he not swung his arm and hit it, he doesn't drop it.

Why are people defending Dal so much, clearly a stupid action and the consequences were costly.

They walk amongst us...

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:Dal gave him the opportunity to drop the ball and get the 50. Had he not swung his arm and hit it, he doesn't drop it.

Why are people defending Dal so much, clearly a stupid action and the consequences were costly.

Nathan Brown gave the umpire more than enough reason to pay 50 against him when he punched Riewoldts head into the Ponsford stand after taking a mark. That was in the last quarter of the drawn GF 35 out from our goal. Roo missed. The umpire chose to ignore it. They pick and choose when they see things.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
HSVKing wrote:Dal gave him the opportunity to drop the ball and get the 50. Had he not swung his arm and hit it, he doesn't drop it.

Nathan Brown gave the umpire more than enough reason to pay 50 against him when he punched Riewoldts head into the Ponsford stand after taking a mark. That was in the last quarter of the drawn GF 35 out from our goal. Roo missed. The umpire chose to ignore it. They pick and choose when they see things.

Its because they cheat against us Curly. Im liking this better now that i know they cheat against us. I cant remember the Brown whack because i will never watch the game again but it was obviously because the umpires were told to cheat.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

They dont cheat they pick and choose some call it cheating. Changing rules mid game is cheating and not awarding frees depending on who the player is well thats blatant cheating.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:They dont cheat they pick and choose some call it cheating. Changing rules mid game is cheating and not awarding frees depending on who the player is well thats blatant cheating.

Well it sounds like they are cheating then.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I'm not defending Dal Santo, I do think it was a silly thing to do, however I don't believe it was a 50 metre penalty, all the commentators agreed that it should not have been paid.

I don't however subscribe to Curly silver hat theory that we are the target of systematic cheating by the league and umpires.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:They dont cheat they pick and choose some call it cheating. Changing rules mid game is cheating and not awarding frees depending on who the player is well thats blatant cheating.

Well it sounds like they are cheating then.

Perhaps wouldnt suprise most people.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

You've outdone yourself with this post Curly. You only needed two short sentences to completely contradict yourself. I'm sure the thread title started by you is "What a surprise. Cheats." Just re-read the first three words of your quoted post again.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Its because they cheat against us Curly. Im liking this better now that i know they cheat against us. I cant remember the Brown whack because i will never watch the game again but it was obviously because the umpires were told to cheat.
Glad to see you are finally on board, Plugger. If it wasn't for the umps we'd be in the top 4. And would have won 5 more flags. You know it's true. :wink:

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Glad to see you are finally on board, Plugger. If it wasn't for the umps we'd be in the top 4. And would have won 5 more flags. You know it's true. :wink:

I do now. Previously i just thought it was the rub of the green and because we followed the Saints we noticed our errors but i now more informed. The AFL hate us and have organised the umpires to cheat against us. it really is a relief to finally understand the AFL. It has taken me 23 years.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Amazing

The umpire guessed when he said that Westhoff marked the ball instead of Hickey. Why not ball it up if you are not sure instead of pulling something out of your bum and paying the mark to man THIRD in line?

In STKFC we trust.
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I love the saints! wrote:The umpire guessed when he said that Westhoff marked the ball instead of Hickey. Why not ball it up if you are not sure instead of pulling something out of your bum and paying the mark to man THIRD in line?
Because there would be 1000 ball ups in every game.

Does anyone know why the ball was taken off Riewoldt and turned to a ball up? Channel 7 weren't much help.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
I love the saints! wrote:The umpire guessed when he said that Westhoff marked the ball instead of Hickey. Why not ball it up if you are not sure instead of pulling something out of your bum and paying the mark to man THIRD in line?
Because there would be 1000 ball ups in every game.

Does anyone know why the ball was taken off Riewoldt and turned to a ball up? Channel 7 weren't much help.

The umpire paid it, but a different umpire overruled and ruled that it wasn't a mark.

So they reversed the decision and threw it up.

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

That's another thing that annoys me about umpiring. If one guy makes a decision, stick with it. Don't go to a video, don't have a meeting about it, don't overrule, just get on with the game.

No matter what they do, there's going to be mistakes. Why hold up the game just to try to pick up a couple of errors every game.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"