Saints in the paper again!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints in the paper again!

The OtherThommo wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:

Ramadan commenced on July 9th this year. When was he tested?
I don't see the relevance.

There are a lot of Muslim athletes in the world, and if was screwing up blood chemistry we would already know about it.
Don't know if there is any, SRS. It's just something a bit different and I'm interested. It may introduce some extra complexity e.g. what level was the banned substance found to be, is there a level of the substance below which it is not seen as a violation, was his system normal for other stuff? It's just a different set of circumstances and often the full story isn't available this early.
It must be hard to train play AFL footy during Ramadan.

PaytonPlace
Club Player

So let me get this straight

We all know who the "un-named" Victorian club from 2008 is and it can never be printed
We all know of at least two "injured" players who went away for a while after failing Strike 3
We still don't know the Essendope players to this day

And yet our guy, it gets out in an HOUR...

Do we have any PR savvy, media department, lawyers, anyone doing any work down there!

Becca

You can listen to Bristle tell you Carlton are still a massive chance at 28 points down with two minutes to go, you can listen to him tell you all about Lorne, or you can watch a monkey on a pushbike...I know which I prefer...
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Link it with Ramadan he'll be off in a day
Without understanding whether it might have any effect, I did wonder whether it might assist mitigation. There was a lot of to and fro re Alex Watson (any relation to Jobe, by any chance...?) and caffeine. I think OTB posted some of it very recently. It had something to do with Watson's system being a bit different in how it handled caffeine, and adjustments to sanctions and permissions were made subsequent to the original.

May mean absolutely nothing but I often recall the 3 clues the Giant gave "Coop" in "Twin Peaks".

1. There is a man in a smiling bag.

2. The owls are not what they seem.

3. Without chemicals, he points.

I see a lot of owls and I hope some of the pointing might be at, or by, Ahmed. Not sure the smiling bag's involved here.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Whatever it is that Saad took, it has been proven to not have any performance enhancing qualities, and for that reason he is fine and must be cleared...

Essendon Defence 101...

He is the victim in this whole, Anti-St.kilda campaign..

He signed a waver??..

Got an email/letter/carrier pigeon from ASADA giving it the all clear... ASADA stuffed up... Wheres Whateley when we need him...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:

There are a lot of Muslim athletes in the world, and if was screwing up blood chemistry we would already know about it.
It's relevant in the sense he probably had a meal replacement protein shake....that would be my bet

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Whatever it is that Saad took, it has been proven to not have any performance enhancing qualities, and for that reason he is fine and must be cleared...

Essendon Defence 101...

He is the victim in this whole, Anti-St.kilda campaign..

He signed a waver??..

Got an email/letter/carrier pigeon from ASADA giving it the all clear... ASADA stuffed up... Wheres Whateley when we need him...
"I'm sorry, Gerard's out of the office right now"

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:

It's relevant in the sense he probably had a meal replacement protein shake....that would be my bet
Pretty sure they don't fit the bill during Ramadan either. My guess is a cold or flu over the counter medication.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
PaytonPlace
Club Player

Can we trot out the Essendope "Good bloke" defence? Get a lot of people to say Ahmed Saad is a good bloke who knows a lot of good blokes?

How can a club with Lenny Hayes etc etc...he's a good bloke!

Who's our voice in the media these days...Spud?

You can listen to Bristle tell you Carlton are still a massive chance at 28 points down with two minutes to go, you can listen to him tell you all about Lorne, or you can watch a monkey on a pushbike...I know which I prefer...
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Well my guess is anabolic steriods +HgH+AOD+EPO in a cocktail.

And my guess is as valid as any other guess.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

PaytonPlace wrote:Can we trot out the Essendope "Good bloke" defence? Get a lot of people to say Ahmed Saad is a good bloke who knows a lot of good blokes?

How can a club with Lenny Hayes etc etc...he's a good bloke!

Who's our voice in the media these days...Spud?

Stephen Milne as a character referee???

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Pretty sure they don't fit the bill during Ramadan either. My guess is a cold or flu over the counter medication.
Not during, but you don't think they could potentially try to make up for lost time after sundown?

I would of thought so?

We'll see.

Only thing that makes me slightly optimistic is that he has been playing VFL, so he wasn't suspended for the investigation.

AP Erebus
Club Player

The main difference with the Essendon case is that he's failed a test. They'll do a test of his B sample, and if that turns up positive, then he'll be given an infraction notice.

I don't think it helps anyone to sit here and try and compare this to Essendon's case...

This looks like a standard doping violation by an athlete. Not the first, not the last.

it has been around this time that "Kosi" will headbutt a fence, rip a hamstring or belt someone.
older saint
SS Life Member

IF he did take something banned, innocently or not he needs to cop his whack. These are professional athletes and they have access to resources to check things. The same argument applies to Essendon and any other athlete which takes banned substances.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

AP Erebus wrote:The main difference with the Essendon case is that he's failed a test. They'll do a test of his B sample, and if that turns up positive, then he'll be given an infraction notice.

I don't think it helps anyone to sit here and try and compare this to Essendon's case...

This looks like a standard doping violation by an athlete. Not the first, not the last.
Not sure on that.

If he failed a test he wouldn't be playing VFL while investigated under ASADAs guidelines.

This is an irregular test, so perhaps it will only proved to be heightened levels or something like that?

Fingers crossed that it's the case, if he fails a B sample though, thanks Saady but goodbye.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
The OtherThommo wrote:

Don't know if there is any, SRS. It's just something a bit different and I'm interested. It may introduce some extra complexity e.g. what level was the banned substance found to be, is there a level of the substance below which it is not seen as a violation, was his system normal for other stuff? It's just a different set of circumstances and often the full story isn't available this early.
It may of been a reason why he offended though if he was after some energy supplement to carry him through the day.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
AP Erebus wrote:The main difference with the Essendon case is that he's failed a test. They'll do a test of his B sample, and if that turns up positive, then he'll be given an infraction notice.

Not sure on that.

If he failed a test he wouldn't be playing VFL while investigated under ASADAs guidelines.

This is an irregular test, so perhaps it will only proved to be heightened levels or something like that?

Fingers crossed that it's the case, if he fails a B sample though, thanks Saady but goodbye.
It's not failed till the B sample is tested.

Irregular may also mean however that an indicator like testosterone was too high, and that they are seeking the cause. Not looking good for Saad though as a failed test is pretty black and white.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
PaytonPlace
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:
SainterK wrote:

Not sure on that.

It's not failed till the B sample is tested.

Irregular may also mean however that an indicator like testosterone was too high, and that they are seeking the cause. Not looking good for Saad though as a failed test is pretty black and white.
If it was black and white, they'd get away with it...

Allegedly

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:I reckon its Roo, Lenny, and Jack Steven.

No reason at all for me to think so, but mindless speculation seems to be the go on here.

Poor Saad.

Who will be the first to make some kind of Muslim racist connection.
You were. Well done.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

desertsaint wrote:

No reason at all for me to think so, but mindless speculation seems to be the go on here.

Poor Saad.

You were. Well done.

Thanks. it was rhetorical after all.

Lance or James??

fingers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
desertsaint wrote:

Poor Saad.

You were. Well done.

Thanks. it was rhetorical after all.
Racist comment.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

Not sure on that.

Of course he'll fail the B sample, they all do, never heard of a B sample coming up different.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
suss
Club Player

Who the hell leaks this stuff? ASADA? The AFL?

It would be nice if the cow would disclose her source.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

As we should be doing with Essendon and was my point all along lets just wait for all the information to come out. I will say one thing though, those people who were so strong on the strict liability for Essendon players surely cant be now making excuses for Saad.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:Who the hell leaks this stuff? ASADA? The AFL?

It would be nice if the cow would disclose her source.

Well she doesnt have to but my guess would be our club. Get it out there.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:As we should be doing with Essendon and was my point all along lets just wait for all the information to come out. I will say one thing though, those people who were so strong on the strict liability for Essendon players surely cant be now making excuses for Saad.
Why, are they exactly the same instances or are both scenarios claiming the same defence?