saints apolagise en masse

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Re: saints apolagise en masse

kp83 wrote:Can't see Joey in there....
Is that him having a bad hair day behind Minchington's head?

Or was he a conscientious objector?

BTW, GRAMophone, I reckon that is Dal in the second front row, right, next to Armo. Or my eyes might have had it on a Friday afternoon too.

(This is a bit like Miss Helena in Romper Room. Kind of sums up the week, really)

Always loyal
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Yes, it's about me.... Not the players

Hysterical.... I called it what it was.... I reckon the sponsors went harder, then the board, the the CEO.... Me throwing around a few negative comments, would have been nothing in comparison...

JB
Put in my box, just like Atilla huh?? Exactly how did that happen?? Unless I was proved wrong, which I had hoped.... Not sure how I was corrected...

I suppose it was again like Howard, Sweeney, Cripps, Siposs, Ball, Cousins and those situation where guys like you just hurled abbuse as if in a position of being absolutely correct .... And in the long run, was not, like in this case....
But that was NEVER mentioned?! Surprisingly.... In fact, the the old hindsight call comes out... It's hilarious

Apologist bias is the reason the players were defense initially.... It was a beat up remember, with no fact.... What happened to that?! Typical redirect!!!!!

Austinnn
Club Player

Yeah, I would have thought Joey should have fronted up, certainly. Bearing in mind his involvement and with his standing at the club, I would have expected an apology from his mouth more than Lenny's.

In my book Montagna is every bit as stupid as Jones. Firstly it was his dumb idea to hire dwarf entertainers as bouncers. Then he didn't have the brains to think through what would happen if he didn't just pay up for the burnt clothes, and to send terse emails. Or he did see it coming but was naive enough to imagine that the Saints would come out of it smelling of roses.

He's been at the club for over 10 years, seen some of the worst scandals that the club has suffered first hand. He is a club leader. He knows what 40 drunk men have to the potential to be. He knows how the media works. He knows how outsiders will use any opportunity to cash in by creating a story from nothing. He knows the damage it can cause. He booked dwarf entertainers anyway, for a hoot. Idiot.

Then after it happened, he didn't even see the potential for a scandal. Even if Mr Big said it was all fine at the time, to crack the s***s and not pay up for his burnt clothes, which he could have charged to the club or even taken out of his handsome salary, how much of a lack of anticipation does that show?

These guys, they're taken care of by their clubs so much, they don't ever learn to get streetwise and anticipate how s*** will go down. They should not be in charge of any interactions with non-football personnel, money, sharp objects or fire. Joey needs to realise that he's nowhere near as clever as he thinks he is, despite all his media activity. GT needs to get into Joey's ear again and try and make a man of him, instead of just a bloke.

So disappointed, I once thought that he was leadership material but since reconsidered, not because of this but a while back I realised that he talks the talk but he doesn't have much of a clue. His culpability in this instance just highlights how wrong I once was. I hope there are people in that player group that actually know what's going on in the world, so far I haven't seen much evidence. This video is a good start, but words are easy, especially with people who get professional media training. The dry B&F night is a good gesture, but I want to see the Saints start to be SMART.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
Austinnn
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Yes, it's about me.... Not the players

Hysterical.... I called it what it was.... I reckon the sponsors went harder, then the board, the the CEO.... Me throwing around a few negative comments, would have been nothing in comparison...

JB
Put in my box, just like Atilla huh?? Exactly how did that happen?? Unless I was proved wrong, which I had hoped.... Not sure how I was corrected...

I suppose it was again like Howard, Sweeney, Cripps, Siposs, Ball, Cousins and those situation where guys like you just hurled abbuse as if in a position of being absolutely correct .... And in the long run, was not, like in this case....
But that was NEVER mentioned?! Surprisingly.... In fact, the the old hindsight call comes out... It's hilarious

Apologist bias is the reason the players were defense initially.... It was a beat up remember, with no fact.... What happened to that?! Typical redirect!!!!!
Mein Gott! Is there a smiley with a head repeatedly banging on a desk here? No?

Big Note, I sometimes wonder if you are mentally imbalanced. I think I'd like to meet you just to get a better sense of just how your mind works. Not that I ever will, a regret I'll probably take to my grave. I think your psychotherapist should remove the "i" from your computer keyboard, just to see how you'd cope; probably just end up refering to yourself in the 3rd person... Have to change Big to Large though.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
slider
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:All well and good until the next incident either this year or next guaranteed
Life must be fantastic to a pessimist :roll:

noob
Club Player

With Jack Steven next Lendog and Riewoldt does that mean he is a smokey for the captaincy?

slider
Club Player

noob wrote:With Jack Steven next Lendog and Riewoldt does that mean he is a smokey for the captaincy?
Next B&F maybe?

kp83
Club Player

SemperFidelis wrote:
kp83 wrote:Can't see Joey in there....
Is that him having a bad hair day behind Minchington's head?

Or was he a conscientious objector?

BTW, GRAMophone, I reckon that is Dal in the second front row, right, next to Armo. Or my eyes might have had it on a Friday afternoon too.

(This is a bit like Miss Helena in Romper Room. Kind of sums up the week, really)
I reckon that's Tommy Ledger, although my eyesight isn't the greatest either!!
And the bloke next to Armo looks like Jack Newnes to me.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Enough talk about who is and who isn't there and what they look like and so on...

Fact is, this is great from the club. Why? Because I want to be proud to call myself a Saint and be proud to be a member.

This off-field rubbish really does detract from what we should be trying to achieve as a football club - win premierships.

I feel like players, through their words, agree with this. Their actions may speak a different story.

However, I'm pleased that several young players have had to stand there in that group and be part of the message. They can be shaped into decent, mature men and great footballers, too.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Pigs arse. Should have taken the midget to VCAT.

He broke a verbal contract and did not entertain the players.

Owned by a 16 year old bogan chick from Frankston and now a midget dwarf.

Weak effort by the club.

Can it get more embarrassing that that?

How much do we spend on marketing and PR. Multi million dollar professional sporting club? Pfftttt...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Pigs arse. Should have taken the midget to VCAT.

He broke a verbal contract and did not entertain the players.

Owned by a 16 year old bogan chick from Frankston and now a midget dwarf.

Weak effort by the club.

Can it get more embarrassing that that?

How much do we spend on marketing and PR. Multi million dollar professional sporting club? Pfftttt...
If you can spin drunken footy players setting fire to a dwarf into a PR win, you should go into politics - or the AFL. And by the way Blake whats his name was actually very smart. Got the information out about being humiliated and devastated quick to put himself in the driving seat.

slider
Club Player

slider wrote:
noob wrote:With Jack Steven next Lendog and Riewoldt does that mean he is a smokey for the captaincy?
Next B&F maybe?
Now if i look into my crystal ball i can see :shock: :shock: :roll:

Bono
Club Player

Why was Roo, Lenny and Jack speaking? What did they do wrong? It should have been Jones (and maybe Montagna) doing the talking, and not hiding behind the only two leaders the club has. If Jones couldnt step up to do that, with all his mates behind him, it shows you what type of guy he is. If his contract is up on 31/10, I'd get rid of him. Send a message to the entire StK community that they are finally serious about something and mean business.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JB

A thread about players apologising and it is all about you again. Proves my point.

Attilla Sipposs smacked you down - how embarrassment.

Funny how you never mention great selections, you know Jack Steven #42, Joey #44, Fisher #53 even Giwlt #60 odd.

And you still go on about the drug addict Cousins. What an example, a teacher of our youth encouraging a confessed ice addict to influence our players.

Absolutely unbelievable.

Oh and please name the player from the coming draft that will be the one all the recruiters missed. Dont wait 18-24 months oh hindsight king.

God yo have an incredible ego. Austinn pegged you completely.

Wanting drug addicts at our club. Moral compass?????

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

we are so lame

#1 Ryder fan
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Not sure Joey was pick 44 or Sam was pick 53 and Gwilt was 60 odd?? Even though you

What about Heyne, Raymond, Sweeney, Pattison, Begley, Johnson, Polo.... Your point is not that great is it?

Can you publicly explain how Attila smacked me down? Besides a dummy spit which made him look a bit silly?! notice he hasn't stayed on... Probably under advice?? Didn't care ATT and don't now.... Most posters without an agenda, saw that for what it was.... I bought it up, because I knew you'd go again, and look silly again?!

BC.... You'll never be able to prove what his impact would have been at StK (remembering we drafted Gardiner?) but it can be stated what impact Lovett had, taken 10 months later?

Your arguments are silly... Futile...

Half the time, you're just playing the man, with the same old crap... Which doesn't even have basis...

All of this because I slammed the club... Apologists had a sook, it proved to be fair enough... So the redirect begins

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Huge head.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Yes, it's about me....
I think that you have made that perfectly clear.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

BigMart wrote:Not sure Joey was pick 44 or Sam was pick 53 and Gwilt was 60 odd??
Fisher wasn't pick 53 - he was pick 55

Gwilt was pick 63

Joey was pick 37

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:

JB

A thread about players apologising and it is all about you again. Proves my point.

Attilla Sipposs smacked you down - how embarrassment.

Funny how you never mention great selections, you know Jack Steven #42, Joey #44, Fisher #53 even Giwlt #60 odd.

And you still go on about the drug addict Cousins. What an example, a teacher of our youth encouraging a confessed ice addict to influence our players.

Absolutely unbelievable.

Oh and please name the player from the coming draft that will be the one all the recruiters missed. Dont wait 18-24 months oh hindsight king.

God yo have an incredible ego. Austinn pegged you completely.

Wanting drug addicts at our club. Moral compass?????
An addict that had 3 'incidents' during his brief stint at Richmond that were covered up (except for one short hospital stay that most were not stupid enough to believe was a stomach bug), even though he had a minder 24/7. Would they have been covered up if he was at St Kilda, Western Bulldogs, Melbourne, etc? Also, what did he actually do during his time at Richmond that was that remarkable..??

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

MC Gusto wrote:we are so lame
absolutely. I bet no one was jostling to get front spot for the shoot.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Not sure Joey was pick 44 or Sam was pick 53 and Gwilt was 60 odd?? Even though you
Even though I what?
BigMart wrote:What about Heyne, Raymond, Sweeney, Pattison, Begley, Johnson, Polo.... Your point is not that great is it?
Just because you lack the intelligence and foresight to understand the argument doesn't make it invalid.

You critisise the club, but dont give it kudo's. The inference is that you think you know better. Some PE teacher from a lower middle class suburb thinks he knows more about recruiting than professionals.
BigMart wrote:Can you publicly explain how Attila smacked me down? Besides a dummy spit which made him look a bit silly?! notice he hasn't stayed on... Probably under advice?? Didn't care ATT and don't now.... Most posters without an agenda, saw that for what it was.... I bought it up, because I knew you'd go again, and look silly again?!
he said it all when he said he had to get Arryn away from you. We all read it, and we all pissed ourselves laughing. You were shown to be a bignoting dips.hit
BigMart wrote:BC.... You'll never be able to prove what his impact would have been at StK (remembering we drafted Gardiner?) but it can be stated what impact Lovett had, taken 10 months later?
Gardiner was and is not an ice addict. And even for a PE teacher what incredibly facile argument, I can never prove Cousins impact. No s.hit Sherlock :roll: :roll:

Cousins is a self confessed ice addict , THAT YOU WANTED AT OUR CLUB.

And you then have the hide to try to lecture the rest of us on morals.

Well you have shown your morals are in the gutter, and you shhould be sacked from teaching children, if you approve of ice addicts.
BigMart wrote:Your arguments are silly... Futile...
Your aren't even futile, they are senseless. The burden of proof falls on you Einstein. I dont need to prove anything about Cousins, you made the big statements about having drug addled junkies out our club.

Your points are confused, low in intelligence, and pure sophistry (look up the word PE teacher)
BigMart wrote:Half the time, you're just playing the man, with the same old crap... Which doesn't even have basis...
lol - hmmm, deluded projection on your part. You make incredible facile banal unprovable statements and then play victim. Pathetic behaviour, but it seems almost everyone on this forum has you pegeed as a huge egotist and hindsight king.
BigMart wrote:All of this because I slammed the club... Apologists had a sook, it proved to be fair enough... So the redirect begins
lol again. Is that all? BWAH you are so narrow sighted and low in cognative abilities you really think this is true.

You make pissweak HINDSIGHT statements and then play all victim like when called on them.

Many have asked repeatedly on your Darling or Gundy for this draft, but SUPRISE, SUPRISE you wont give it.

Like always you will just wait 18-24 months and then proclaim your hindsight wisdom.

Must have killed you to say Jack Steven was a deserved B&F.

Really mate, most people on here treat you as ajoke. But then again you bring it on yourself.

Fair Dinkum :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:
BigMart wrote:Not sure Joey was pick 44 or Sam was pick 53 and Gwilt was 60 odd??
Fisher wasn't pick 53 - he was pick 55

Gwilt was pick 63

Joey was pick 37
Thanks TB proves my point exactly.

Only ever bags the Saints for not picking up a Darling, but when it is shown we pick playes in late picks like above or a JS @ #42.

AMAZING SILENCE.

Some people critisise the club legimately, others because they have huge egos, low self esteem, acute jealousy that their abilites dont match their delusion, or a combination of the above.

I suppose some people are just twats.

Lance or James??

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

its over guys just let it fade into Media Heaven...

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:All well and good until the next incident either this year or next guaranteed
They can just play the video again. Maybe they should make an even more generic apology video - could come in handy.
They could set it to play automatically to the media at 9 an the day after mad Monday.

I love this club