Ledger delisted

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Ledger delisted

As per below from saints.com.au. Really disappointed with this news. Ledger looks a decent player for mine.

St Kilda Football Club can confirm that primary listed players, Tom Ledger and Jay Lever, along with rookie listed player, Jordan Staley, have been informed they will not be offered new contracts in 2014.

Head of Football, Chris Pelchen thanked the players for their contribution to the Saints.

“This is a difficult time of year with changes being made to player lists at all AFL clubs. We would like to thank Tom, Jay and Jordan for their contributions to the St Kilda FC and wish them every success for the future.”

The trio’s departure from the club is further to the retirements of three club stalwarts Jason Blake, Justin Koschitzke and Stephen Milne.

The Saints have made six changes to their 2013 player list in preparation for the upcoming trade and draft periods.

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ledger delisted

Bloody stupid decision

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Fuming, absolutely fuming

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Disappointing but not a shock.

Seemed very obvious to me.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Looks like the last couple of games were charity games.

sainter#4
Club Player

If he was good enough, he would of played. From what i saw of him - He didnt appear anything special.Make the calls bring through new blood.ONLY way to improve from here

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Looks like the last couple of games were charity games.
Its obvious in hindsight that 2 games was never going to save him. Especially since there were obviously issues anyway.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

So what was the. Point then

kimberly saint
Club Player

lets trust the club before we all fly of the handle, he must of been lacking in sum thing weather it was to do with playing abilty or sum thing of field. Bit crap him and cripps now have departed though

Bluthy
Saintsational Legend

What didn't help him is we have too many of these small players who were ahead of him. Played alright in last couple of games. Might get a look in somewhere else. Good luck to him.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

We'll load up on mids at the draft & he'll go further down the pecking order.

At least he's got a chance now to train at another club, prove he's fair dinkum & get signed as a delisted free agent.

The Saints obviously know that Ledger had no trade value so let him know early.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Is being not offered a contract the same as being delisted re free agency? I still held hope the Freo traded Mitchie for Ledger.

The Ledger one is strange imo, its clear to me his decision making and execution, moreso by hand was sub par. His kicking was actually quite good when given time, but under pressure would just bang it on the boot. Anyway, he probably has more upside going forward that CJ which baffles me. Has it got something to do with his 'concentration' at team meetings maybe?.

Someone will rookie list him or pick him up as a FA I would guess.

As for Staley and Lever, someone had to go I guess but I hope we agree to pick Lever via rookie list, they were always going to take a lot of time!

Someone better be keen to offer a trade for JF as he shouldn't be promoted!

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Would rather have Ledge instead of Jones, Ray, TDL, etc
may as well persevere with the mediocre players in hope that we get another 3 good games out of them.

SW may yet turn out a good coach... For mine i hope this was just one off decision

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Looks right to me, sentiment won't win us a flag, the Watters list evolution continues...

Interesting couple of months ahead :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:Is being not offered a contract the same as being delisted re free agency? I still held hope the Freo traded Mitchie for Ledger.

The Ledger one is strange imo, its clear to me his decision making and execution, moreso by hand was sub par. His kicking was actually quite good when given time, but under pressure would just bang it on the boot. Anyway, he probably has more upside going forward that CJ which baffles me. Has it got something to do with his 'concentration' at team meetings maybe?.

As for Staley and Lever, someone had to go I guess but I hope we agree to pick Lever via rookie list, they were always going to take a lot of time!

He is delisted so there no club is going to give us a free player when they can have him for nothing. I would be very surprised if 7 games in 3 years excites any AFL club. Reckon the AFL have seen the end of him. Ferg may still be rookied again this year but sadly i think he will go.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Ick wrote:Is being not offered a contract the same as being delisted re free agency? I still held hope the Freo traded Mitchie for Ledger.

He is delisted so there no club is going to give us a free player when they can have him for nothing. I would be very surprised if 7 games in 3 years excites any AFL club. Reckon the AFL have seen the end of him. Ferg may still be rookied again this year but sadly i think he will go.

I for one am a little surprised at this decision. You seem to be thinking that it was more than just a football decision Plugger? Are you able to elaborate?

Not saying Ledger was a star, but thought he looked no worse than 1/2 doz other kids on the list that are still there.

slider
Club Player

I was told he was a good chance of being kept, just a few months ago by someone that is usually good with info, then he said recently he was now being looked at as possible trade bait because he wants to go home if a trade can be made, now it seems he had no value at all so is delisted.

Good chance his attitude wasnt up to it either

Thats footy for ya.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I for one am a little surprised at this decision. You seem to be thinking that it was more than just a football decision Plugger? Are you able to elaborate?

Not saying Ledger was a star, but thought he looked no worse than 1/2 doz other kids on the list that are still there.

No i cant. i wish i could but dont know much at all. I am just going by bits I heard this season. I certainly dont think Watters hated him as people were saying but im not sure he was a big fan either. I think ledger may have had a few tickets on himself when not really warranted.

defacto
Club Player

Good decision. Pick 3 would go past ledger then you have Newnes who will be moving into the midfield

Very logical smart delistings

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

That's 5 OFF the Primary List. 5 picks in the National Draft is about right.
We still need to wait until AFTER the Trade to see if any more will be cut !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Biggest loss since Tommy Walsh!

jimmy_slats
Club Player

No point keeping him to many ahead of him and are younger.. Like Defacto said number 3 pick will go straight past him plus probably number 21 not to mention Newnes Ross Wright Webster Murdoch and Saunders who i feel are as good if not better and also younger. Why limit their opportunities just so we can see if he might get his attitude (by all reports) right and and turn into a GOP?

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
saintgee
Club Player

I think you'll find it was at ledger's request that he be delisted, not the club pushing him out. He will seek a fresh start elsewhere...

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:

Held hope Pluggs, you must have missed my past tense :wink:

Saint gee, why would anyone ask to be delisted and not traded?

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!