Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Re: Official Trade Rumours thread (all in here please)

Meagan and Elle. Nude. Scarf. That has 10,000 members in it easy!! In fact imagine if it was a comp...20,000 new members and Megan and Elle get it on at seaford...mud wrestling

#1 Ryder fan
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:my mad Carlton mate who's been on the money before
I would assume then that he has been off the money as well

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Ghost Like wrote:
Old Mate wrote: Anthony had a good year a few years back but has come out of favour. I remember him being a ball magnet but skills below average. He'll be 27 next year so too old for us.
Thanks Old Mate, my how time flies, I thought he was only about 24-25.
and how Batnoe thought he was actually worthy of a starting Dream Team spot

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

saintdooley wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:
Buckets wrote:Karnezis (spelling?) having a medical at the Saints on Monday, being reported anyway.
Don't know much about him
Know him well. Great bloke, knows how to play, just hasn't been given the opportunity at Brisbane. We've got him
Good

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Hurricane wrote:I have read that North want Dal to be part of the Delaney trade.

Surely we will play a bit of hard ball with them seeing as Delaney is out of contract and can come to us for free via the PSD. Not to mention a club champion and out and out star who doesn't really want to go for a fringe player who wants to go. Pretty good situation for us. I'm going to hate to see Dal go but if it helps us refresh the list and can get a much needed hole in our list filled then i'm ok with it.

A trade, not a rumor mind you just a suggestion I saw on Twitter, was Levi Greenwood, Delaney and a 3rd round pick for Dal Santo. I'd take it

BANG BANG

So would North. 2 players who spent most of the year in the seconds for a great Saints player and about pick 45. Sounds for them.

Greenwood has a bit of potential and Delaney is going to fill a need. That's not a bad deal especially if we could grab a late pick as good as some of the ones we picked up last year.

sax
Club Player

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Hurricane wrote:I have read that North want Dal to be part of the Delaney trade.

Surely we will play a bit of hard ball with them seeing as Delaney is out of contract and can come to us for free via the PSD. Not to mention a club champion and out and out star who doesn't really want to go for a fringe player who wants to go. Pretty good situation for us. I'm going to hate to see Dal go but if it helps us refresh the list and can get a much needed hole in our list filled then i'm ok with it.

A trade, not a rumor mind you just a suggestion I saw on Twitter, was Levi Greenwood, Delaney and a 3rd round pick for Dal Santo. I'd take it

BANG BANG

So would North. 2 players who spent most of the year in the seconds for a great Saints player and about pick 45. Sounds for them.

Greenwood has a bit of potential and Delaney is going to fill a need. That's not a bad deal especially if we could grab a late pick as good as some of the ones we picked up last year.
Have to say I'd much rather Greenwood than Karnezis. Nothing against Karnezis but we have a fair few of those "outside" type players. Greenwood's going to get in and under, and win his own footy!

Foundation Social Club Member No. 296
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

sax wrote:
gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Have to say I'd much rather Greenwood than Karnezis. Nothing against Karnezis but we have a fair few of those "outside" type players. Greenwood's going to get in and under, and win his own footy!
That's totallly my view of those 2 players - Greenwood's very hard at it, while Karnezis is an outside type. I would much rather Greenwood.
I don't want to trade Dal Santo at all though....

Hold your ground :shock:
Watts the Buzz
Club Player

With regards to possible trades to/from Saints:-

- Let's target Karnezis; homesick TALL midfielder with really good pace and knows where the goals are - will complement our number of small mids - shouldn't cost more than a 4th Rounder.
- Pelchen and Co - PLEASE do not entertain the idea of trading DAL for Greenwood (A for effort but skills not there - reminds me of Robert Eddy) and Delaney (touched by the fact he has nominated us as his preferred club but GOP in my opinion) - We need to KEEP DAL if that's what's on the table - we can potentially get another 4 - 5 years from a Rolls Royce - why give it away for a Daewoo and a Skoda????
- Bruce whist inexperienced has a lot more upside that Delaney - wouldn't give up more than a 3rd rounder for him though; may consider Fisher / 4th Rounder for Bruce / 3rd Rounder.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

bergholt wrote:
St Ick wrote:I wish Norf finished one or two spots lower. The Dees found a way to do it with Viney, we have to somehow convince other clubs in front of Norfs first pick to not bid of McDonald.
Do you really think they'd give us pick 9/10 for him? I don't reckon they would even if they had it. That's just too good a pick to give up for a 30 year old.

I'd be happy if somehow we got a top twenty pick for him, whether compo or trade. If the AFL give us guidance of an end of first-round pick then that's about the best we can hope for - let him go through FA.
So IF the Lions are the only club keen on bidding for McDonald then maybe just maybe we overpay for Karnesis (who I'm not overly keen on) for their 'silence' on bidding day. Can trade week finish already!

As for Karnesis, I kept a close eye on him a few times early this year as he was on my DT radar, he gets a lot of it but it reminded me a bit of Ledge. In that he just banged it on the boot with little composure. NEAFL form wouldn't be much to go by. I'm not saying he is a dud, but he is the least exciting prospect out of Mitchie, Myers, Adams, Shiel, Docherty, etc. If we get someone through trade, it needs to be an elite kid, no more topping up while rebuilding (key backs excepted).

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
bergholt wrote:
St Ick wrote:I wish Norf finished one or two spots lower. The Dees found a way to do it with Viney, we have to somehow convince other clubs in front of Norfs first pick to not bid of McDonald.
Do you really think they'd give us pick 9/10 for him? I don't reckon they would even if they had it. That's just too good a pick to give up for a 30 year old.

I'd be happy if somehow we got a top twenty pick for him, whether compo or trade. If the AFL give us guidance of an end of first-round pick then that's about the best we can hope for - let him go through FA.
So IF the Lions are the only club keen on bidding for McDonald then maybe just maybe we overpay for Karnesis (who I'm not overly keen on) for their 'silence' on bidding day. Can trade week finish already!

As for Karnesis, I kept a close eye on him a few times early this year as he was on my DT radar, he gets a lot of it but it reminded me a bit of Ledge. In that he just banged it on the boot with little composure. NEAFL form wouldn't be much to go by. I'm not saying he is a dud, but he is the least exciting prospect out of Mitchie, Myers, Adams, Shiel, Docherty, etc. If we get someone through trade, it needs to be an elite kid, no more topping up while rebuilding (key backs excepted).
trade week goes for 3 weeks So got a little while to go yet

FQF
SS Life Member

Apparently Luke Shuey is "warming to the idea of a return home to Victoria". Although we haven't been linked with him, I would've thought he's a very suitable target to go after.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Watts the Buzz wrote:With regards to possible trades to/from Saints:-

- Let's target Karnezis; homesick TALL midfielder with really good pace and knows where the goals are - will complement our number of small mids - shouldn't cost more than a 4th Rounder.
- Pelchen and Co - PLEASE do not entertain the idea of trading DAL for Greenwood (A for effort but skills not there - reminds me of Robert Eddy) and Delaney (touched by the fact he has nominated us as his preferred club but GOP in my opinion) - We need to KEEP DAL if that's what's on the table - we can potentially get another 4 - 5 years from a Rolls Royce - why give it away for a Daewoo and a Skoda????
- Bruce whist inexperienced has a lot more upside that Delaney - wouldn't give up more than a 3rd rounder for him though; may consider Fisher / 4th Rounder for Bruce / 3rd Rounder.

Greenwood is a bit like Armo - he never really got a go even though he's been around for ages. He's more like Baker than Eddy. Tough little mongrel type, he would be there to be a hard body next to the kids and possibly tag. We probably don't need him and CJ though so not sure if he's an ideal player for us. I actually think Karnesis has more x factor than Greenwood and could be anything where Levi will give exactly what you expect of a player and that's 100% effort but is a bit boring and probably will only ever get to be a GOP.

karnesis is more the guy who will excite the crowd but could be a frustrating heart breaker too if he doesn't get any better.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

What we gain for Dal will probably make or break how we go in this trade period.

If we only gain the likes of Greenwood and Delaney for Dal then I would be disappointed. Let us hope that North are desperate from Dal so that we either get a good pick for him, or a player better than Greenwood or Delaney. Delaney can be the steak knives, but if he is the meat and potatoes of the deal, then we will have lost out big time.

A FA first round comp pick would also be good.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:Apparently Luke Shuey is "warming to the idea of a return home to Victoria". Although we haven't been linked with him, I would've thought he's a very suitable target to go after.
Know how to play for a free kick. I hate him as a footballer because of this cheating

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:What we gain for Dal will probably make or break how we go in this trade period.

100% agree rising. it may make or break the pelican too! need to get it done, get it done well and get it done early

#1 Ryder fan
gringo
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
FQF wrote:Apparently Luke Shuey is "warming to the idea of a return home to Victoria". Although we haven't been linked with him, I would've thought he's a very suitable target to go after.
Know how to play for a free kick. I hate him as a footballer because of this cheating

He can play but the only reason they would offer him up is for pick 2 from melbourne. I doubt he will go anywhere unless that deal gets done.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Saints would be mad to include any player in a deal for Dal. SHould insist he is taken as an uncontracted player, thereby insuring a compensation pick, hopefully 4.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:What we gain for Dal will probably make or break how we go in this trade period.

100% agree rising. it may make or break the pelican too! need to get it done, get it done well and get it done early
Can I just clarify, the only way Dal leaves us now is if we trade him out, is that correct?

I love this club
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:

Can I just clarify, the only way Dal leaves us now is if we trade him out, is that correct?
No apparently we can still release him from his contract... Whereby he can leave as a free agent... which may give us a better pick than in a trade.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Saints would be mad to include any player in a deal for Dal. SHould insist he is taken as an uncontracted player, thereby insuring a compensation pick, hopefully 4.
As mentioned earlier, pick 4 is basically out of the question.. It will be one of end of first round or after our 2nd round pick... both early 20's

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

a compo for dal would be in the 20s
can we kill the nonsense it would be pick 4.
if it was pick 4 the club would do it in a heartbeat.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Saints would be mad to include any player in a deal for Dal. SHould insist he is taken as an uncontracted player, thereby insuring a compensation pick, hopefully 4.
we wish bb
geez if we get 4 i will cartwheel around the yard with nothing but socks on
3 of them
8-)

longtimesaint
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:a compo for dal would be in the 20s
I would rather keep Dal than receive a pick in the 20's. Dal is a star and we will continue to receive great service for at least 3 more years.
a draft pick in the 20's may never be as good as Dal.

One year will be our year
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

matrix wrote:
we wish bb
geez if we get 4 i will cartwheel around the yard with nothing but socks on
3 of them
8-)
+1 Ha Ha!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote: a compo for dal would be in the 20s
How does the club know what it is or what it isnt going to be??

They can only speculate like all of us

Unless of course the AFL leak the FA compensation to the club in advance but as far as we know the AFL decide later after the FA trade period has finished.

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!