big news on and off field in next 72 hours

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: big news on and off field in next 72 hours

There has never been a light at the end of the tunnel in my lifetime... Missed 66 by half a dozen years....

I live in hope that something great will be done, and it almost did over a decade period, but typically we fell a touch short and could not sustain it long enough.... Two cracks ..... In the end after a decade of very good performances... We were a bit unlucky really....

2002-2006 we were well managed/developed IMO with the benefit of the system
2008-2010 we were well coached

Never the two together though

ATM we are neither it seems

saintly
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:I love Finey :)

Ah yes Finey he has been banging on again about the saints and the mess we are in.,

No CEO
Noone likes Watters
its all Watters fault
assistant coaches leaving (only one so far, Jamie)
fitness guy left
Watters not being offered 1 year extension.

now I don't know if any of this is true about Watters. but if you support the saints as Finey says he does then he should not keep going on, and on, and on andon about the same thing. Support what the club is trying do, not keep on damaging it as he is doing via the media

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Whats the go with Davoren. Cant he hack it at Seaford. About time we got a good fitness guy who stays!

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

I would hope there is a bit of tension behind the scenes at Seaford. We'll managed tension can be very constructive in helping to improve the way we do things. When you finish 16th the last thing that I would want is for everyone to be thinking the same way and it's all sunshine and lollipops. As long as when the review is finished everyone gets behind the agreed direction then it's all healthy.

Not many people enjoy conflict , but as some of you in the business world know, the best results are usually preceded by a period of conflict or tension.

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

saintly wrote:

Ah yes Finey he has been banging on again about the saints and the mess we are in.,
FFS. I though brat was joking. I didn't think he was on on Fridays. Please, let's not give him one more ratings point. Enough of him. Enough!

Always loyal
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Why is there a review?

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Why is there a review?
Isn't that what a responsible new president with an outgoing CEO would do?

Always loyal
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:There has never been a light at the end of the tunnel in my lifetime... Missed 66 by half a dozen years....
Says everything, seeing light is seeing hope not gaining it and if you didn't have any hope in in 97 and 09 and 2010..................

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Did we win a premiership?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

President had nothing to do with review... CEO yes... And it's most likely why he's leaving?

Do you undergo full review if there are no issues??

List gets reviewed every years.... Players under scrutiny, would they have an issue?
Jay Lever for instance?!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Do you undergo full review if there are no issues??!

Yes

Best practise

Always review your especially if there is no obvious issues because there are always things that don't work 100% any decent business would this regularly (that's not saying there are no issues at St Kilda)

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

A full review.... Where people are either bought in, or people do it as opposed to their operational job description.....
I'd prefer Pelchin stick to his area..... Not sure what his coaching expertise is?

Possibly

Each dept. should continually review their own area, to find continual improvemt

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Finey has post traumatic shock syndrome
He is just firing all his years of pain at who he thinks delivered it.
Kind of like a husband who beats his wife because he didnt get a promotion at work and shes not a super model.
He has real psychological problems.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He got a good gig for a clueless fool with psychological problems?

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:He got a good gig for a clueless fool with psychological problems?
Have you heard him in general (not just saints related) in the past 12 months? Seriously, he has lost the plot.

I used to like to listen to him, but since he has started going a little mad on air, he is just not pleasant to listen to and it does not make for easy listening. His whole take on the Essendon debacle is an excellent example of his stupidity this year to date.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:He got a good gig for a clueless fool with psychological problems?
I never said he was a fool

He aint no fool.

And i really dont know how good that gig is.

Doesnt strike me as a dream job. The sunday night show after the match is a good gig for sure.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
BigMart wrote:Rooeys main work these days is rehab from week to week.... There was a time he smashed training... Now he manages his fragile body carefully, rarely trains and leaves his big effort for the weekend......

He is a freak for being able to perform the way he does with limited preparation week to week.... Really he just jogs laps midweek and does physio....
i have heard some stupid things on this site in my time but this takes the cake ... so what would you have Roo do ?
as a 30 yearold managing injurys is the number one concern for a player his training program would be very very strickt on how long and how hard he can safely push himself ... same would be said about all the older guys .... Nick works pleanty hard enough ...
The problem is Trav, we keep hearing more and more stupid stuff from certain quarters. What, football is just a physical game? This nonsense term "hard worker", in the minds of some, seems to take no account of the most important part of any athletes make up - the mind.

A player's preparation and participation will largely be defined by the strength of mind. The skipper, with all his physical compromises, continues to deliver precisely because he works extraordinarlly hard on and off the ground.

The rest is just crap. I do note the contrarian correspondent did list Dunnell among those he considers beyond the skipper's work rate. To even consider such rubbish as a viable argument is to display an appreciation beyond peculiar. In fact, it beggars belief.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:You can be as critical as you like. That is not the issue.

Just saying I can't work out what it is you actually like/enjoy about following the Saints. And I think that's a fair comment when such a large percentage of your posts are critical/negative.

Why do you keep following this basket case?

Most of us can see some light at the end of the tunnel. You never seem to be able to do so.
Quite probably, Doc, those of us who derive real enjoyment from our ongoing support actually understand what it is that makes it worth continuing. And, I reckon there are some who have a greater appreciation of what are the elements of success in today's game, than those who are manifestly sour every time they poke their heads up.

To put it another way, it is really easy to tire of the constant references to shyte that makes little difference. Yep, we're in a hole but I don't reckon it's all that deep. They have people in place who are working to remedy what is a very recent slide. Alternatively, we could all band together and pick the eyes out of every minor hiccough.

I'll stick with Route 1, thanks all the same. I suppose we could whack on the privilege hat and do an E'dope, and attempt the greatest fraud in Oz sporting history - whatever it takes.

Faith should never be blind, nor should it be so easily discarded, particularly when based on arrant garbage.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

So goes Alan Jones.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:President had nothing to do with review... CEO yes... And it's most likely why he's leaving?

Do you undergo full review if there are no issues??

List gets reviewed every years.... Players under scrutiny, would they have an issue?
Jay Lever for instance?!
The President heads the board - it is their duty to constantly review performance. Who in the f*** do you think instigated the review? To say the President "had nothing to do with the review" is to display a level of operational and governance ignorance that renders the opinion redundant.

Who do you think the reviewer might present his review to first, once he's done? Someone other than the board?

Spare me the lectures, if this is the standard.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Finey is a nitwit.
Anyone except those who had complete blind-folds on knew the Saints were driving directly towards a crumbling cliff after 2010.

We had almost zero under 25 talent. The lowest in the comp by a long way. There was a big empty vacuum just behind us.

At that stage - Just as the two front wheels of the Saints bus were about to reach the edge of the cliff - we thrust Watters into the drivers seat.

The Board also knows whats coming - so they hire Crash Repair & Bus re-build engineer Chris Pelchen.

Thrust into the drivers seat of a bus with two wheels already hurtling over the edge of the cliff - and the cliff foundations giving way - Watters then does the natural thing and tries to slam on the breaks (back wheel breaks ) and slows the bus momentum down a little so that there is a bit of time between the front wheels going over and the back wheels (2012). Some passengers aboard the bus hadnt noticed that in fact the bus was already half in mid air and were looking backwards to see that a few inches of back tyre were still touching some form of crumbling earth so heck- to them it all looked ok and we were just driving along a regular road. No cliff in sight!

When the unavoidable came and the bus completely drove off the cliff and crashed to the ground - some in the bus had taken the precaution of putting on a seatbelt. Some hadnt.

Now we are at the bottom of the cliff some people notice that the guy in the drivers seat when the bus hit the bottom must be to blame - hey hes in the drives seat - must be his fault. Others noticed the first on the scene was the crash repair and rebuild engineer - heck he must have some dodgy kick back deal with the towing company - so lets blame him too.

jimmy_slats
Club Player

its been 72 hours......... just saying..
Lynch mob anyone??

'WALK THIS WAY!!!!!'
R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:Finey is a nitwit.
Anyone except those who had complete blind-folds on knew the Saints were driving directly towards a crumbling cliff after 2010.

We had almost zero under 25 talent. The lowest in the comp by a long way. There was a big empty vacuum just behind us.

At that stage - Just as the two front wheels of the Saints bus were about to reach the edge of the cliff - we thrust Watters into the drivers seat.

The Board also knows whats coming - so they hire Crash Repair & Bus re-build engineer Chris Pelchen.

Thrust into the drivers seat of a bus with two wheels already hurtling over the edge of the cliff - and the cliff foundations giving way - Watters then does the natural thing and tries to slam on the breaks (back wheel breaks ) and slows the bus momentum down a little so that there is a bit of time between the front wheels going over and the back wheels (2012). Some passengers aboard the bus hadnt noticed that in fact the bus was already half in mid air and were looking backwards to see that a few inches of back tyre were still touching some form of crumbling earth so heck- to them it all looked ok and we were just driving along a regular road. No cliff in sight!

When the unavoidable came and the bus completely drove off the cliff and crashed to the ground - some in the bus had taken the precaution of putting on a seatbelt. Some hadnt.

Now we are at the bottom of the cliff some people notice that the guy in the drivers seat when the bus hit the bottom must be to blame - hey hes in the drives seat - must be his fault. Others noticed the first on the scene was the crash repair and rebuild engineer - heck he must have some dodgy kick back deal with the towing company - so lets blame him too.
What type of bus was it?

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:A full review.... Where people are either bought in, or people do it as opposed to their operational job description.....
I'd prefer Pelchin stick to his area..... Not sure what his coaching expertise is?

Possibly

Each dept. should continually review their own area, to find continual improvemt
This is the most laughable description of an organisational review I have ever heard.

My god, talk about clueless and ignorant.

Every business minded organisation reviews their performance, structure and personnel based on their 3-5 year strategic direction.

Every successful business and organisation reviews and restructures constantly. You do not wait to thing to be bad, you definately do not have individual deptartments conduct organisational reviews, unless of course you want disconected fiefdoms and islands of information.

Goodness me, when I read this ignorant claptrap from people with no obvious business related experience I shake my head and marvel at their arrogance and I must say foolishness.

Really it is quite embarrassing for them, especially when I know many people who post here who are professionals and either work in upper management of business or own their own businesses.

Just dont argue thing you have zero competency in :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
mullet
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:

No CEO
Noone likes Watters
its all Watters fault
assistant coaches leaving (only one so far, Jamie)
fitness guy left
Watters not being offered 1 year extension.

now I don't know if any of this is true about Watters. but if you support the saints as Finey says he does then he should not keep going on, and on, and on andon about the same thing. Support what the club is trying do, not keep on damaging it as he is doing via the media
And at the same time "I have nothing against Scott Watters, and would hate a family man to loose his job"

and would not elaborate on anything else but we are a mess. Also said he said all this 5 weeks ago, was it that long , thought it was only a couple. He was strange last night.