to hell with what Sandy want

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

patto
Club Player

Re: to hell with what Sandy want

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Cairnsman i think you might be talking about Freo having an issue with a player being dropped to the reserves side in the WAFL on more than one occasion , from memory it wasnt a huge deal the Dockers and the club came to an arrangment that saw the player moved to another WAFL club .. im not sure it had anything to do with lyon as such , and it wasnt considered a huge deal over here ...

as mentioned next year is the first year where the WCE and Freo are alligned to one club each with Peel being Freo's team Peel are the most under performing team in the comp having never made the finals since they were created back in 97 ( the player some on here are keen on Viv Michie just won their b&f ).... WCE are alligned with East Perth ... the Royals are one of the oldest clubs and one of the most sucessful having 17 flags in their history
The silence is deafening ;-)

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:Cairnsman i think you might be talking about Freo having an issue with a player being dropped to the reserves side in the WAFL on more than one occasion , from memory it wasnt a huge deal the Dockers and the club came to an arrangment that saw the player moved to another WAFL club .. im not sure it had anything to do with lyon as such , and it wasnt considered a huge deal over here ...

as mentioned next year is the first year where the WCE and Freo are alligned to one club each with Peel being Freo's team Peel are the most under performing team in the comp having never made the finals since they were created back in 97 ( the player some on here are keen on Viv Michie just won their b&f ).... WCE are alligned with East Perth ... the Royals are one of the oldest clubs and one of the most sucessful having 17 flags in their history
Actually Trav I seem to recall one of the issues had something to do with Ross Lyon requesting AFL listed players not play in their weekend WAFL game so they were fresh/available to play for Freo and then not be picked in the final 22 which denied the WAFL team of it's best players/stability and also denied the players getting adequate game time....does that sound familiar?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Back to our alignment with Sandy;

WE (Saints & Sandy) have to make this thing work for another 2 years. I reckon BOTH sides can build up plenty of goodwill in this time, but it will require effort & flexibility from both sides !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

No danger of the urinating contest being out aside and the topic being resumed is there?

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:No danger of the urinating contest being out aside and the topic being resumed is there?
Sure, can you add anything?

Hallalj#3
Club Player

It might help if Scott Watters didn't walk into the change rooms and completely disregard the sandy players

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:

Actually Trav I seem to recall one of the issues had something to do with Ross Lyon requesting AFL listed players not play in their weekend WAFL game so they were fresh/available to play for Freo and then not be picked in the final 22 which denied the WAFL team of it's best players/stability and also denied the players getting adequate game time....does that sound familiar?
cant recall sorry Cairnsman ... I might be wrong but in most cases a player is named for AFL duties before the WAFL teams are selected so unless that situation would be rare but it may have happened where a player was not selected for AFL and was selected for WAFL only for the player at the last min to get the call up to play AFL , then that player only makes it onto the emergancy list ?!? but end of the day its the Dockers who pay his wage and the WAFL club gets a healthy shot in the arm from the two AFL clubs so they shouldnt really complain all that much about it

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Hallalj#3 wrote:It might help if Scott Watters didn't walk into the change rooms and completely disregard the sandy players
walk into what change room ? St kildas or Sandys ? and disregarding St Kilda listed Sandy players or just Sandy players ??
if just sandy players i dont blame him for disregarding them he is a St Kilda coach

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

Hallalj#3
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Hallalj#3 wrote:It might help if Scott Watters didn't walk into the change rooms and completely disregard the sandy players
walk into what change room ? St kildas or Sandys ? and disregarding St Kilda listed Sandy players or just Sandy players ??
if just sandy players i dont blame him for disregarding them he is a St Kilda coach

Sandy's change rooms, and your right in theory who cares what the sandy players think.. However it is a partnership and in any partnership you need to give a little.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Its a tough one. Sandy have their own glued on fans who feel slighted by the Saints players dominance in their side. From their perspective I understand that.

The compromise sadly is needed. Cant afford yet to go alone so couldn't afford to ruffle Sandy's feathers too much.

Roll on 2016 I say!
just shows how badly we were run that it will take until 2016 to get our own reserves side.

We should have Saints VFL side next season had our administration got it's stuff together 3 years ago like most other Vic sides.

Thankfully in the interim Sandy are making their ground 7 metres longer and 2 metres wider, plus doing a full resurfacing hopefully with proper drainage.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
saint66au wrote:Its a tough one. Sandy have their own glued on fans who feel slighted by the Saints players dominance in their side. From their perspective I understand that.

The compromise sadly is needed. Cant afford yet to go alone so couldn't afford to ruffle Sandy's feathers too much.

Roll on 2016 I say!
just shows how badly we were run that it will take until 2016 to get our own reserves side.

We should have Saints VFL side next season had our administration got it's stuff together 3 years ago like most other Vic sides.

Thankfully in the interim Sandy are making their ground 7 metres longer and 2 metres wider, plus doing a full resurfacing hopefully with proper drainage.

And how were we getting money for it back then?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Why would he even know them?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Hallalj#3
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Maybe because he sees them playing most weeks.. and maybe a couple of players trained with us and were given some indication they were getting drafted, and now that person looks at them like they never met..

Just sayin..

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Hallalj#3 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
Maybe because he sees them playing most weeks.. and maybe a couple of players trained with us and were given some indication they were getting drafted, and now that person looks at them like they never met..

Just sayin..
sorry i disagree Scottys job is to look after the St Kilda listed players .. the sandy boys have their own coach in Mcphee to fuss over them (although as a St Kilda employee he should also have the St Kilda listed players as a priority) ... even with a full reserves side i doubt that would change the coach is only going to worry about the guys he has in his team not in the VFL team .. that said its still a huge upgrade to the rumour that Ross ignored the saints listed junior players

Hallalj#3
Club Player

Like I said I agree in theory.. But the change rooms say Sandy not saints so if your going to walk in there and show disregard to everyone at sandy, well surely that can't help the relationship and if it's as strained as people suggest, maybe it's time to go in with a different approach..