Ledger delisted

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Kickit
Club Player

Re: Ledger delisted

BigMart wrote:My point is

I think he will be an AFL footballer?!

Some are arguing that because we delisted him, he is garbage, and using all sorts of fluff in some sort of honourable defence of the decision...

Having said that, his attitude at StK cost him dearly, and is the reason he was not given the opportunities he thinks he deserved. ...

Whether the decision was right or wrong.... I am not arguing. It's probably a necessary decision though....
I tend to agree.
It might be his disposal. It might be his inability to follow game plans. It might be his attitude.
He may well get rooked by someone. ( He has more impact on games than Nick Heyne did ) but even if he doesn't I think If he works hard he has the ability to have a very good VFL season somewhere and may well earn a second chance.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Some are arguing that because we delisted him, he is garbage, and using all sorts of fluff in some sort of honourable defence of the decision...

Having said that, his attitude at StK cost him dearly, and is the reason he was not given the opportunities he thinks he deserved. ...

Whether the decision was right or wrong.... I am not arguing. It's probably a necessary decision though....

He was not garbage. Thought he showed a bit in the last two games and am dissapointed he has gone.

Hopefully he will turn his attitude around if he gets home and realises that he only gets one opportunity, and will be very lucky to get another crack at an AFL list.

Has happened to many players. Heard Mitch Thope saying the exact same thing yesterday.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Why was that his wish?
To be delisted

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

You should stop bagging thr club over this.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Kickit
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:

He was not garbage. Thought he showed a bit in the last two games and am dissapointed he has gone.

Hopefully he will turn his attitude around if he gets home and realises that he only gets one opportunity, and will be very lucky to get another crack at an AFL list.

Has happened to many players. Heard Mitch Thope saying the exact same thing yesterday.
I heard Guerra discussing it this morning. He said openly that he was "not professional" at StKilda, and when the Hawks picked him up Clarkson told him straight up what would need to happen for him to remain at the club. Basically he said that cleaning up his off field life improved his on-field performance.
( I just hope that next time the Saints are bottoming out we aren't watching Tom Ledger retire on the back of a successful grand final ).

maverick
Saintsational Legend

So where did he finish in the 2012 Sandy B&F when he wasn't crucified, anyone know?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Kickit wrote: ( I just hope that next time the Saints are bottoming out we aren't watching Tom Ledger retire on the back of a successful grand final ).
But if we are bottoming out again after successfully winning a 2nd (and perhaps a 3rd) flag then I wouldn't give a toss about what Ledge is up to. :wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

maverick wrote:So where did he finish in the 2012 Sandy B&F when he wasn't crucified, anyone know?
http://www.sandringhamfc.com.au/news.aspx?id=71
not in the top 8 according to that list
and get no other awards by the looks of it

http://www.sandringhamfc.com.au/news.aspx?id=185
and nothing it seems in 2013

maverick
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:
maverick wrote:So where did he finish in the 2012 Sandy B&F when he wasn't crucified, anyone know?
http://www.sandringhamfc.com.au/news.aspx?id=71
not in the top 8 according to that list
and get no other awards by the looks of it

http://www.sandringhamfc.com.au/news.aspx?id=185
and nothing it seems in 2013
Thanks Matrix, didn't think he finished that high....

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:He'll make it easily....
BigMart wrote:Will train with Freo prior to Rookie draft
So he will make it easily but it is only likely that he will be rookied?? :shock:

Let alone from Freo's rookie list :shock: :shock:

You seriously need to get your head sorted

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Michael Barlow got rookied

Did he make it?

Should I announce a list of Rookied players who have 'made it easily'?

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Michael Barlow got rookied

Did he make it?

Should I announce a list of Rookied players who have 'made it easily'?
Rookied listed players that have been dumped by another team??

Barlow joined Freo when their midfield was average - now that Sylvia is joining - I would be interested to know where you think Ledger will fit in

Mundy, Fyfe, Barlow, Sylvia, Crowley, Neale, Hill, Pearce, Ibbotson, Mzungu & Morabito would all get a run in Freo's midfield before Ledger

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
kimberly saint
Club Player

i cant for life me work out how a young guy that has done nothing at all in AFL footy can have a attitude problem. Surely at that age being so unproven the only things that come out ya mouth are yes sir no sir how high.
Unless of course he is a member on saintsational and reads all the talk about him self

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Find it interesting that his manager makes it clear that a lot of clubs are interested yet the saints were willing to allow him to go for free?? I would understand if it was just him wanting to go home etc.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:Find it interesting that his manager makes it clear that a lot of clubs are interested yet the saints were willing to allow him to go for free?? I would understand if it was just him wanting to go home etc.

and you believe him?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Let's be clear here Marto...

What does 'easily make it' constitute?

100 AFL games?

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Having seen his senior games I also believe he will make it I remember his first game at the "g " against Collingwood and he was impressive than and we were a good side ,I believe he was pigeon holed for whatever reason and will now go on to make a good AFL career because he does have that special something
.We don"t seem to be able to get some of our good young kids to take the next step ,maybe something the club should look at!Hutchings,Lynch,Ledger I think all will have worthwhile AFL careers do we give them enough of a chance ,????Hmmm not sue we do!!

PADDLEPOP1000
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

50-150

groupie1
Club Player

Great drafting year that one: Winmar, Cripps and Ledger.... which fuckwits are recruiting for us, seriously...

Gordon Fode couldda been Plugga
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I heard, on SEN this morning, someone from Ledger's management state that Ledger had received a contract offer from the Saints but had decided to 'test his worth' and leave.
Made comments along the ines of 'he had good VFL form and other Clubs would have taken notice of that good form'.

Kind of puts paid to the general consensus that he was dumped by the Saints.
Unless of course you feel that not offering him what he wanted was a form of 'dumping'.

Kernal75
Club Player

Has anyone been linked with Ledger? I can't remember his name being discussed at all this trade period. If he's "going to make it" then you would assume that clubs would be sniffing around him as a delisted free agent!! I think if he gets a rookie spot then that's a severe step backwards given he's spent the last 3 years on a senior list. I can't see another club taking him to be honest.

luckysaint
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:received a contract offer from the Saints but had decided to 'test his worth' and leave.
Geeeezz that's frustrating. Who else, other than a side on the slide, would slot him into starting their 22 midfield? Maybe Melbourne has been in his ear?

starsign
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:I heard, on SEN this morning, someone from Ledger's management state that Ledger had received a contract offer from the Saints but had decided to 'test his worth' and leave.
Made comments along the ines of 'he had good VFL form and other Clubs would have taken notice of that good form'.

Unless of course you feel that not offering him what he wanted was a form of 'dumping'.
Not really It may be a case of him merely not wanting what was offered in which case many would not feel that he was dumped Its all a matter of semantics ... I think the word spin comes into it, and one has to be very careful choosing one's words in the way they ( and perhaps Tommy's plural ) are sentenced

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:I heard, on SEN this morning, someone from Ledger's management state that Ledger had received a contract offer from the Saints but had decided to 'test his worth' and leave.

yep.....

the pelican stated in his on line chat session that ledger asked to be delisted so that he could test the water elsewhere...the saints obliged........end of story afaic.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:Find it interesting that his manager makes it clear that a lot of clubs are interested yet the saints were willing to allow him to go for free?? I would understand if it was just him wanting to go home etc.
Lots of clubs indeed.

West Perth, East Fremantle, Peel Thunder, Port Melbourne, West Adelaide, Bairnsdale, Bayswater, Bendigo ect

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum