Saints want to plunder 3 stars from Draft

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Saints want to plunder 3 stars from Draft

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Re: Saints want to plunder 3 stars from Draft

all clubs would want to!!

:roll: :roll:

saint4life
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I don't quite understand the use of the word "plunder" when we are legitimately trying to acquire these players.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:I don't quite understand the use of the word "plunder" when we are legitimately trying to acquire these players.
Cos it rhymes with blunder? :?

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Pointless

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

great strategy this whole trading period by Pelchan.

Even though we were told that opposition supporters were laughing at us because we were inept and trade poorly

Then opposition clubs were laughing at the Saints because our strategy was inept.

Turns out the strategy was a HUGE success (despite the negative naysayers)

Now with three top 20 pick we will pick up probably three mids (and maybe Weller as a FA).

Fantastic effort from the professionals and shown the amateurs to hold their tongues and wipe the egg from their faces.

Well done Chris Pelchan and the STKFC. You have upset many a person and dented a few egos on this forum.

Bravo

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I hope it's well done!

You also screamed well done in the 2009 draft period.... An embarrassing effort.... So you are easily sold.

Oh and also the Saad Milera deal?...

But in case you haven't put a great deal of thought into it..... We have traded for unknown quantities, so success of the period is yet to be determined...

IMHO Baines has actually done quite well to restructure the position of the list.. But had to give up a lot to do so.... Worth the risk.... But it is a risk

To announce the success of the off season, is true to form though....

It's funny, we're 16th with more to come, we've lost 3 champions, 1 developing leader.... And a senior coach..... Has this gone exactly to plan?

Recruiting in 2011/12 doesn't suggest so?

But hey, you're opinion is the right one yeah?!

Austinnn
Club Player

John Ralph reckons we traded our way to pick 3...

I don't get how these monkeys get to keep their jobs. I'd like to know what the pre-requisite for a sports reporter is at the HS. Can barely write, gets the most basic facts wrong, am I wrong or is it just...

SITUATIONS VACANT

The Herald Sun Newspaper is looking for a football reporter. Applicants would have to attend football events and write some text immediately about what you have witnessed. A minimum of Year 8 standard of writing is required. The emphasis in our industry is speed, so accuarcy and diligence will be seen as a positive only under the condition that it does not stretch the tight deadline. You will also be required to colour your reporting with the editorial opinion. While it is appreciated that the applicant has standards and ethics, the managerial structure at News Corp is such that encourages all our staff to be on the same page, so only writers of flexible morality should apply. Salary: 2x your weight in beer per week

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:John Ralph reckons we traded our way to pick 3...

I don't get how these monkeys get to keep their jobs. I'd like to know what the pre-requisite for a sports reporter is at the HS. Can barely write, gets the most basic facts wrong, am I wrong or is it just...

SITUATIONS VACANT

The Herald Sun Newspaper is looking for a football reporter. Applicants would have to attend football events and write some text immediately about what you have witnessed. A minimum of Year 8 standard of writing is required. The emphasis in our industry is speed, so accuarcy and diligence will be seen as a positive only under the condition that it does not stretch the tight deadline. You will also be required to colour your reporting with the editorial opinion. While it is appreciated that the applicant has standards and ethics, the managerial structure at News Corp is such that encourages all our staff to be on the same page, so only writers of flexible morality should apply. Salary: 2x your weight in beer per week
I've just sent in my application ;

ossie rulez is kool
andrio demeatrio is da bestus boss the game as eva ad
da pies r gr8

In red white and black from 73
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Oh,

The other funny tid-bits JB

Ball was crap when he left, Goddard was overrated, Lyon was morally bereft, Lovett was worth it, Cousins was not (a druggie but Gardiner OK) character testing could be applied when it suited I suppose, McEvoy better off gone at 24, Hickey better (haha), Howard, Cripps were not to be criticised, Lynch could be to justify his lack of opportunity, like Walsh?

There's a pattern there... Yes you support every decision by the club, but you do so without a balanced view
Ball has been excellent at Collingwood, BJ outstanding, Ross made a correct call to walk and proved why and his worth in the process, Lovett was disgraceful, Cousins was great value at Richmond.... Lots

Lucky you know management ...... Just got to get a handle on leadership

It's funny... The club is always right, but hindsight says we make mistakes.... Which no one minds... But it's interesting how you refuse to acknowledge any wrongdoing.... Question is

If we are so great... Why are we not like Geelong, Sydney, Hawthorn, Collingwood etc??

It's nice how you support and defend you're club, but really... The bias makes insightful comment very difficult.... Credibility?

I hope StK performed well in the off season... Looks like a good outcome AT THIS STAGE

You've gone early....

RW&B
Club Player

Austinnn wrote:John Ralph reckons we traded our way to pick 3...

SITUATIONS VACANT

I think you misunderstood what he wrote. He said "effectively". He was talking about the net ins and outs but didn't mention the delistings because presumably they have no effect on the list/the average reader doesn't care.

"I'm a better coach when Nick Riewoldt is in the side" - Ross Lyon 2007
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Its not a success uet.
So fat so good.
But Everything hinges on our strike rate in the draft.

3 good players = Massive success.
2 good players = Success. Well played. Bring back meatloaf.
1 good player = Fail.
0 good players = Disaster. Lets play vfl or move to Wellington cos were sfuffed.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda has effectively traded out Dal Santo and McEvoy in exchange for picks 3, 18, 19, Shane Savage, ruckman Billy Longer, North Melbourne’s Luke Delaney and GWS defender Josh Bruce.

Fairly inaccurate.
We were getting pick 3 and 23 41 in any case.

So really we traded
Dal macca and pick 23 and 41
For
Savage longer pick 18 19 delaney bruce.

Ill be happy if we take Billings. Seems like a no brainer.
Then 18 19 is where Elshaugh will earn his money.

Cmon Tony I know you can do it !
Your time to shine and deliver.

SuperDuper
Club Player

Why is billings a no brainer???

Surely we take best available!?

What if sharenberg is best available? He may well be considered as such. Seems the safest bet to me but I am no expert.

I don't know where this billings thing came from but can't imagine they have decided yet

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I don't know why, but I have a funny feeling that Pelchen will pull one more shock this Trade/Draft season. Could it be Scharenberg? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Stop embarrassing yourself BM…

We've all acknowledged the mistakes, they're pretty clear.

The club has taken some risks in the trade period - surely we need to?

Whether we pick the right players in the draft is another matter, but at least we have given ourselves a chance by adding 3 first round picks. The trade period was a success - full stop.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

...interesting...

"The Saints were one of a handful of clubs to meet with controversial Swan Districts talent Dayle Garlett outside of the draft combine.

But they will have only those three picks and no pre-season pick, so would have to wait until the rookie draft if they were to recruit him."

they can get extra picks by delisting more players , can't they...???

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

stinger wrote:...interesting...

"The Saints were one of a handful of clubs to meet with controversial Swan Districts talent Dayle Garlett...
Surely not.
The TDL experiment has proved to be a folly.
Watters appears to love the idea of:
-soft, ineffective one-dimensional small forward
-outside player
-downhill skier
-product of the WAFL
Pelican and Baines will lose my respect if they pick up Dayle Garbage.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Johnny Member
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:
It's funny, we're 16th with more to come, we've lost 3 champions, 1 developing leader.... And a senior coach..... Has this gone exactly to plan?

Can you name one club, in the history of the VAFL/AFL/WAFL/SANFL and pretty much any other comp in the world - that hasn't lost players (traded, retired, walked) and senior coaches on an almost cyclical basis?

The way you talk about it BigMart, is like it's some sort of gross f*** up that a football club finds itself performing porrly on-field and changes coach. Reality is though, it's normal.

It's a sporting comp. It's not life.

All Australian sporting comps have clubs who go through ups and downs.

It's part of the game.

I'd argue, that the difference between us and some others, is that our 'ups' included a decade of finals and 2 GFs. Many don't come close to that. Sure, some do better - but most don't come close.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:Surely not.
-outside player
-downhill skier
-product of the WAFL
The difference being Garlett can play football. TDL is good for a goal or two every fortnight and an 8 possession average. Garlett could help win games. With that said, I wouldn't take him unless he's available in the rookie draft.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Big Mart must be hoping like hell we draft 3 duds and that Longer gets run over by a bus.
His entire argument depends on it.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Big Mart must be hoping like hell we draft 3 duds and that Longer gets run over by a bus.
His entire argument depends on it.
lol - given up reading his ridgid polemics. After all who would read an ignorant rant?

Someone who admits is bullied by facts has nothing of intrest to contribute.

It is killing some on here that they have egg all over their faces after trading period.

Nobody was laughing at us, but many are now laughing at some of the ignorant, silly, unfounded statments made by some on here.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Megamaguire
Club Player

Saints want to recognise 3 stars from Draft

Of coarse Els and his team aspire to recognising the 3 best available players at the 3 placings we have
@ #3 #18 & #19. Of coarse the recruiters should be doing their very best to rate these potential 3 recruits on how good they are and not simply on their draft position. Picks 18 & 19 in particular may present the club (on the day) with an unexpected choice caused by a team picking before St.Kilda abandoning the script.

St. Kilda will not be plundering exactly but rather analysing better than those just in front of us for the strategy to work in our favour.

I saw on a phantom draft yesterday that some believe we will choose Acers and Hartung if available.

GO SAINTS - KEEPING ALL EYES ON THE BALL!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
WellardSaint wrote:Surely not.
-outside player
-downhill skier
-product of the WAFL
The difference being Garlett can play football. TDL is good for a goal or two every fortnight and an 8 possession average. Garlett could help win games. With that said, I wouldn't take him unless he's available in the rookie draft.
from what i have seen, milera is the one who should get the chop...along with saad....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Well if we do draft 3 duds and Longer gets taken out by a number 86 tram - BM can sing from the rooftops

'I told you so'