Rohan Connolly

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintlee
Club Player

Re: Rohan Connolly

Article seemed fine to me

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

As In "mark fine"? :wink: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:He's a Hawks supporter
not unless he changed recently.....bomber supporter afaiw....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

I know his Mum, and he's a Bombers man like his late Dad. Incidentally, I don't have anything personally against Rohan, just his journalism at times.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Oh no.... Not another Journo questioning our well run outfit..... The absolute cheek of him.....

Scum of the earth I reckon?!

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Oh no.... Not another Journo questioning our well run outfit..... The absolute cheek of him.....

I guess you would beat off to these "turmoil" articles...

Ah yeah, saints are do fkn s***, oh yeah, that's how I like it.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Oh no.... Not another Journo questioning our well run outfit..... The absolute cheek of him.....

A few have said it was a good article but go with that BM. Wouldnt expect anything else.

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Mate, as a casual observer can I just say what a tool you come across. It seems that you spend your time on a fan site sniping at people who dare to have the nerve to be fans. I can only scratch my head and wonder why on earth someone with such disdain for the opinion of fans spends so much friggin time trolling for reactions on a fan site? There are all manner of people on this site expressing all manner of opinions and as a casual reader it's great fun reading through all the different views - yours however are in their very own category - childish one dimensional grips written with the sole purpose of berating the opinions of others in a place specifically set up for those people to express their opinions. Your constant big noting and tiresome outrage that people dare show bias on a fan site is sad and pathetic - maybe you should get a hobby?

Look again it's the Flash!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote:

Mate, as a casual observer can I just say what a tool you come across. It seems that you spend your time on a fan site sniping at people who dare to have the nerve to be fans. I can only scratch my head and wonder why on earth someone with such disdain for the opinion of fans spends so much friggin time trolling for reactions on a fan site? There are all manner of people on this site expressing all manner of opinions and as a casual reader it's great fun reading through all the different views - yours however are in their very own category - childish one dimensional grips written with the sole purpose of berating the opinions of others in a place specifically set up for those people to express their opinions. Your constant big noting and tiresome outrage that people dare show bias on a fan site is sad and pathetic - maybe you should get a hobby?

I'm sure it's a fascinating psychological study though. It's quite unusual. The fact that he seems to have progressed from one of the subservient males of the group to take the alpha role is very interesting. It's seems like some kind of equivalent to standing on a tree beating your chest and throwing faeces at everyone. Primal male assertion with a keyboard.

Hopefully the weakening old silver back plugger will come back and make a display of flailing his arms that will send Mart back down a few branches before they lock in to battle. Life in the jungle can go back how it was then.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Alpha? I was thinking Autism.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Alpha? I was thinking Autism.
I hadn't considered that, I've always thought it was because he isn't a sheep.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

interesting post....bagging a guy for expressing a view bagging guys who express a different view..... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

interesting post....bagging a guy for expressing a view bagging guys who express a different view..... :roll:

If you cant see the difference it isnt worth explaining.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:
falka wrote:
Sobraz wrote:How that guy is still employed is beyond me.. Was a disgrace throughout the whole doping saga.. Continues to be.. Will not read or listen to anything he's involved with again.. Unless he takes the stage at the comedy festival..
Complete arse clown this bloke.
Sad to think he is employed in media at all.

He was digging at our culture. Seemed to be the only thing we did wrong was that clause in Ross's contract and some missed goals in gf's. How is that indicative of club culture. It is lazy journalism. $2.80 for that on a Sunday, never again

It was our mate GT that ran with the culture thing. Connolly seemed to be saying if a toe poke had gone our way then no one would mention our culture.
That's the way I read it also.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

When the attention turns to me.... And posters are more concerned with belting down the character, and not the view point.... Really does
It's funny... The situation or topic should be easier to debate credibly because we have an opinion (hopefully thought out) on the topic but don't know each other?.... The personal stuff carries little or no credibility and indicates how superficial and ignorant some are?....

We know that people are avoiding the real issue.... It's easier to call BM names, than accept reality I suppose?!

Precious supporters who have a whinge anytime the club receives 1 iota of criticism (warranted or not) just goes to show the resilience of StK fans?

How's this POV
Accept the criticism for what it is and want to see change... For the better

SideshowMilne
Club Player

BigMart there negativity in relation to the saints wherever I go. We all get it, and it's good that there is debate here and great that there's a lot of positivity as well. We need that. You are derailing every thread with you negativity and it's a bore. Seriously take a chill pill and a month off.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:When the attention turns to me.... And posters are more concerned with belting down the character, and not the view point.... Really does
It's funny... The situation or topic should be easier to debate credibly because we have an opinion (hopefully thought out) on the topic but don't know each other?.... The personal stuff carries little or no credibility and indicates how superficial and ignorant some are?....

We know that people are avoiding the real issue.... It's easier to call BM names, than accept reality I suppose?!

Precious supporters who have a whinge anytime the club receives 1 iota of criticism (warranted or not) just goes to show the resilience of StK fans?

How's this POV

Seriously?

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:
How's this POV
There are those who want to see change and those who make change. You seem to know a lot about what is wrong with the club. Have you offered your services, along with all your expertise to the club to make these changes you crave a reality? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Austinnn
Club Player

Eastern wrote:
BigMart wrote:
How's this POV
There are those who want to see change and those who make change. You seem to know a lot about what is wrong with the club. Have you offered your services, along with all your expertise to the club to make these changes you crave a reality? !!
No and he never will. Once again, he's made it all about him. All the threads get hijacked by him eventually, he is the ubertroll of SS.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote "..he's made it all about him. All the threads get hijacked by him eventually, he is the ubertroll of SS."

This is true and it's becoming a real issue...

There have been a huge number of people who rarely post coming out and complaining about the relentless anti-StKilda spam that BM spews monotonously...

I am sick to death of some arsehole telling us all how pathetic we are all the time... We all recognise the issues and are fully aware if our inglorious past... But give us all a break FFS, we're here because we love the club, through good times & bad.

The club gets heaps of stuff wrong - we all get it, stick fat or F off.

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

BigMart wrote:When the attention turns to me.... And posters are more concerned with belting down the character, and not the view point.... Really does

How's this POV
I couldn't give 2 hoots about you in all honesty, I'm just telling you from an outsiders POV you come across little more than an angry little tool - your posts amount to little more than "look at me, look at me" which is kind of sad.

Your thesis seems to be "your bias denies you the truth" SO WHAT? you want balanced opinion? go elsewhere - this is a fansite, people speak from the POV of bias - it's quite simple

As someone mentioned earlier you are like a sad monkey in a cage slinging s*** at anyone and everyone just to assert yourself - sadly it just null and voids whatever it is you are grunting.

I read these threads and enjoy almost every one of them, then I see your name and roll my eyes and 9 out of 10 times it's justified - here's the angry chimp slinging the poo again!

You're probably not such a bad guy, if I were you I would take the advice of the poster above and take a chill pill and maybe a holiday - or as I said earlier, find a hobby.

:D

Look again it's the Flash!!
gringo
Saintsational Legend

How's this POV

Are you referring to yourself in the third person now? Gringo doesn't like that. You really are the most famous guy on the forum now. No wonder you rate Dermie. You should like the Pelch though he's not a sheep and he does stuff that makes him unpopular and gets people off side because he knows he's righteous. You guys would get on I reckon.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Rohan Connolly is one of Melbournes best football journos and that article was fair and blissfully lacking in histrionics

Think a few people here need to harden up a bit

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

gringo wrote: I'm sure it's a fascinating psychological study though. It's quite unusual. The fact that he seems to have progressed from one of the subservient males of the group to take the alpha role is very interesting. It's seems like some kind of equivalent to standing on a tree beating your chest and throwing faeces at everyone. Primal male assertion with a keyboard.

Hopefully the weakening old silver back plugger will come back and make a display of flailing his arms that will send Mart back down a few branches before they lock in to battle. Life in the jungle can go back how it was then.
One of the little gems of that brighten ones day..... :lol:

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Rohan Connolly is one of Melbournes best football journos
I doubt "YOUR OPINION" will be universally accepted as being correct.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?