Milney updates

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Milney updates

mullet wrote:
And what if she really think she was raped which I believe she does. Sometimes you just need to do this things so you you feel better as a person. Just as she probably believes she was raped Milney probably believes he is innocent. No winners at all in this one.
Well I hardly see how this is making her feel better as a person. Having all this made public about her night. That was my point, who would make her go through all this, and her friend as well.

So if any public figure did rape someone, not saying Milney did, you shouldnt go to court because the public will hear all the gory details? Doesnt sound right to me.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote:
Kate wrote:The papers seem to be stuck on "Footy Sluts".

I'm confused.
There's thousands of them out there .
They may not like the term sl*t , however imo if you are prepared to have sex with some bloke you met three hours early then thats what you are .
I'd also question the morals of the men .

Surely that what we all tried to do back in the day.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
mullet wrote:
And what if she really think she was raped which I believe she does. Sometimes you just need to do this things so you you feel better as a person. Just as she probably believes she was raped Milney probably believes he is innocent. No winners at all in this one.
Well I hardly see how this is making her feel better as a person. Having all this made public about her night. That was my point, who would make her go through all this, and her friend as well.

So if any public figure did rape someone, not saying Milney did, you shouldnt go to court because the public will hear all the gory details? Doesnt sound right to me.
I'm talking about this case. From what I am reading it should never of gone to court. I understand how originally it didnt go any further. I am not commenting on any other case than this one, so dont make sweeping statements that I am. It is up to you how it sounds to you, but you are the one saying it , not me. Where did I say "if a public figure rapes someone, you shouldnt go to court because the public will hear all the gory details". They are your words.
Commenting on this case I questioned who would let this happen to the girl, her mother? or the policeman? Who coerced her to going through with it all 10 years later. Whoever did, then I hope they are helping her with what is being aired. It was reported that the girl had to be convinced to go ahead with the case.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I'm talking about this case. From what I am reading it should never of gone to court. I understand how originally it didnt go any further. I am not commenting on any other case than this one, so dont make sweeping statements that I am. It is up to you how it sounds to you, but you are the one saying it , not me. Where did I say "if a public figure rapes someone, you shouldnt go to court because the public will hear all the gory details". They are your words.
Commenting on this case I questioned who would let this happen to the girl, her mother? or the policeman? Who coerced her to going through with it all 10 years later. Whoever did, then I hope they are helping her with what is being aired. It was reported that the girl had to be convinced to go ahead with the case.

So why did the cops charge Milne and what happens if it does get to trial? Does that mean she has then made the right decison. In most rape cases, depending on who you are barracking for sorry terrible term, you will think to yourself how the hell is this person guilty or innocent. Lets face it we want Milne to be innocent so we are taking little weight into the negatives in this case.

mullet
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
mullet wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

So why did the cops charge Milne and what happens if it does get to trial? Does that mean she has then made the right decison. In most rape cases, depending on who you are barracking for sorry terrible term, you will think to yourself how the hell is this person guilty or innocent. Lets face it we want Milne to be innocent so we are taking little weight into the negatives in this case.
Once again you are taking it upon yourself to speak and think for me. So I will let you know my thinking.
I am not barracking for Milne. I am not barracking for the girl. I am saying, I now see how charges werent laid in the first place. 4 people in a bed and one says she was raped but doesnt run away, or scream, or yell to her friend. I only have learned in the past 2 days that they were all in the same room and the same bed.
I have today learned that there may have been emails between the girl and the policeman, that were not to do with the case. I have also learned that a term Milne used 10 years ago to the policeman, was told to the girl.
It was also reported back in September that the girl wasnt sure she wanted to go on with it, but was coerced into it by either her mother or the police.
I am commenting on what is being reported from the trial, and I can see how they werent willing to go ahead with it in the first place.
I really dont care if you dont see my point plugger, or dont agree with me, but dont put words in my mouth. And I wont be drawn into one of your personal crappy arguments either. This is my opinion, Disagree, pull it apart, but dont manufacture stuff

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
mullet wrote:

Once again you are taking it upon yourself to speak and think for me. So I will let you know my thinking.
I am not barracking for Milne. I am not barracking for the girl. I am saying, I now see how charges werent laid in the first place. 4 people in a bed and one says she was raped but doesnt run away, or scream, or yell to her friend. I only have learned in the past 2 days that they were all in the same room and the same bed.
I have today learned that there may have been emails between the girl and the policeman, that were not to do with the case. I have also learned that a term Milne used 10 years ago to the policeman, was told to the girl.
It was also reported back in September that the girl wasnt sure she wanted to go on with it, but was coerced into it by either her mother or the police.
I am commenting on what is being reported from the trial, and I can see how they werent willing to go ahead with it in the first place.
I really dont care if you dont see my point plugger, or dont agree with me, but dont put words in my mouth. And I wont be drawn into one of your personal crappy arguments either. This is my opinion, Disagree, pull it apart, but dont manufacture stuff

Not sure I got personal at all. Anyway you failed to address my point about this case. Why was he charged and what happens if it does go to trial. Surely that means there was enough evidence. By the way were they in the one bed or the one room. Serious question?

Gershwin
Club Player

2 male rabbits with 2 female rabbits. Don't think manners come into it.

summertime and the living is easy ........
ando051
Club Player

This case against Milney is so flawed, Why was the Detective in charge of this case all those years ago sending the victim inappropriate messages?? Why was the evidence that 2 detectives who went to Joey's house to do a visibility test, to establish if the room would have been too dark to establish identity of Milney and Joey go missing?
They wrote a report that actually established that there was adequate lighting to make out who was who. The then detective investigating the case had been disappointed the Director of Public Prosecutions decided against pursuing the case. His he just being vengeful towards Milne?
The victim went with Joey first according to the evidence, and was jealous and annoyed that her friend ended up with him. She was told by the investigating officer that she was referred to as a "footy sl*t" by Milne when in fact it was a police officer who made that comment. Once the victim made a statement I feel she felt she could not retract it, and has been manipulated not to drop the charges. There is two many holes in this case for Stephen to get a fair trial. I honestly feel he is innocent.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

ando051 wrote:This case against Milney is so flawed, Why was the Detective in charge of this case all those years ago sending the victim inappropriate messages?? Why was the evidence that 2 detectives who went to Joey's house to do a visibility test, to establish if the room would have been too dark to establish identity of Milney and Joey go missing?
They wrote a report that actually established that there was adequate lighting to make out who was who. The then detective investigating the case had been disappointed the Director of Public Prosecutions decided against pursuing the case. His he just being vengeful towards Milne?
The victim went with Joey first according to the evidence, and was jealous and annoyed that her friend ended up with him. She was told by the investigating officer that she was referred to as a "footy sl*t" by Milne when in fact it was a police officer who made that comment. Once the victim made a statement I feel she felt she could not retract it, and has been manipulated not to drop the charges. There is two many holes in this case for Stephen to get a fair trial. I honestly feel he is innocent.
Unless Milne is found guilty for the verdict of the trial, the plaintiff is referred as an alleged victim, not "victim" (as you have put it).

Please, get it right!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Agree with Mullet last post, I read the same as you have it all sounds very messy.

ando051
Club Player

Yes you are quite right I should have used alleged victim. I should have been more careful and correct. My apologies.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

I am actually glad that this matter eventually has made it to Committal. The gory details and morality of all involved is a little questionable. However there are plenty of people I have spoken to since this has been reported who have said, 'is that all that happened?' If this female was in fact raped by Milney, why wasn't Joey and the other female in the room charged as accessories? They were there, they did nothing to stop it. Nothing. Whilst Milney isn't likely to get any community awards any time soon, I reckon a few ppl over the years who cried out 'Rapist!' when he got the ball may soon feel a little sheepish. So many questions hang over the alleged victims head. I hate to say it, but it reads like she was a more than willing participant, but was more into Joey than Milney. Got a bit jealous when she realised that Joey was having sex with her friend - beside her :shock:

I agree with Mullet.

P66 - the OPP have proceeded against Milne after political pressure. It's becoming obvious I reckon.

To think Dayne Beams walked away scot free a few years back, in almost identical circumstances. Wasn't even charged.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

It's a certainty to go to trial. This will guarantee that the issue is still around this time next year. After the criminal case (whatever the outcome) there will be the inevitable civil action for money.

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

perfectionist wrote:It's a certainty to go to trial. This will guarantee that the issue is still around this time next year. After the criminal case (whatever the outcome) there will be the inevitable civil action for money.
Not so sure about that, perfectionist.I guess we'll know soon. But this morning the coppers appear to be turning on their own …

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news ... 2xl84.html

Always loyal
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Committed to stand trial

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Committed to stand trial
3 counts of rape. Pled not guilty.

Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:It's a certainty to go to trial. This will guarantee that the issue is still around this time next year. After the criminal case (whatever the outcome) there will be the inevitable civil action for money.
she's already had her civil case...get with t.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/steph ... 2xl8d.html

More tough times ahead for both parties it appears.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

yeah...gutless magistrate.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The world is going mad.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
AP Erebus
Club Player

stinger wrote:
The magistrate has to decide if there is sufficient evidence that a conviction could be made.
After all the prosecution evidence has been given the Magistrate must decide whether, the prosecution evidence is capable of satisfying a reasonable jury, properly instructed, beyond reasonable doubt that you have committed an indictable offence. If the Magistrate does not believe the evidence would satisfy a jury, the Magistrate will dismiss the charges. If the Magistrate believes the evidence would satisfy a jury the hearing continues.
The "properly instructed" part of the above quote is important as it relates to the judge and their instructions to the jury after all the evidence has been heard.

The fact is that there is enough evidence to take it to trial. Her testimony accuses Milne of raping her. Her friends testimony supports this, as does the testimony of the charging police officer.

The magistrate can really only throw it out if there is a lack of evidence. It's not for the magistrate to decide his guilt, just whether there is enough evidence.

In this case there is not.

Don't have a go at the magistrate, they aren't passing judgement on Milne, just the evidence before them.

it has been around this time that "Kosi" will headbutt a fence, rip a hamstring or belt someone.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Just as well he's not playing on next season now.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
ctqs
Club Player

stinger wrote:
Evidence taken at its highest and all of that. What happens afterwards, though, could be a different thing. The magistrate discharged one of the counts because he said the complainant (alleged victim) was adamant that particular act didn't happen, even though Milne told police it did. The magistrate said the complainant would know, and it wasn't a question for the jury.

Still waiting for closure ... if you get my drift.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:I am actually glad that this matter eventually has made it to Committal. The gory details and morality of all involved is a little questionable. However there are plenty of people I have spoken to since this has been reported who have said, 'is that all that happened?' If this female was in fact raped by Milney, why wasn't Joey and the other female in the room charged as accessories? They were there, they did nothing to stop it. Nothing. Whilst Milney isn't likely to get any community awards any time soon, I reckon a few ppl over the years who cried out 'Rapist!' when he got the ball may soon feel a little sheepish. So many questions hang over the alleged victims head. I hate to say it, but it reads like she was a more than willing participant, but was more into Joey than Milney. Got a bit jealous when she realised that Joey was having sex with her friend - beside her :shock:

I agree with Mullet.

P66 - the OPP have proceeded against Milne after political pressure. It's becoming obvious I reckon.

To think Dayne Beams walked away scot free a few years back, in almost identical circumstances. Wasn't even charged.

I have no idea how you know beams was an almost identical case and it is going to trial which means there is enough evidence for it to go to trial. I have been with Milney all the way with this from what i heard years ago but like all things its only one side of the story. I doubt Milney will get a conviction but I also doubt it is now at trial after political pressure and i know you didnt actually say that. I also unsure how people can be an accessory when they didnt even know a rape may have been commoitted.

St.Roly
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Moods wrote:I am actually glad that this matter eventually has made it to Committal. The gory details and morality of all involved is a little questionable. However there are plenty of people I have spoken to since this has been reported who have said, 'is that all that happened?' If this female was in fact raped by Milney, why wasn't Joey and the other female in the room charged as accessories? They were there, they did nothing to stop it. Nothing. Whilst Milney isn't likely to get any community awards any time soon, I reckon a few ppl over the years who cried out 'Rapist!' when he got the ball may soon feel a little sheepish. So many questions hang over the alleged victims head. I hate to say it, but it reads like she was a more than willing participant, but was more into Joey than Milney. Got a bit jealous when she realised that Joey was having sex with her friend - beside her :shock:

I agree with Mullet.

I have no idea how you know beams was an almost identical case and it is going to trial which means there is enough evidence for it to go to trial. I have been with Milney all the way with this from what i heard years ago but like all things its only one side of the story. I doubt Milney will get a conviction but I also doubt it is now at trial after political pressure and i know you didnt actually say that. I also unsure how people can be an accessory when they didnt even know a rape may have been commoitted.
You can't be an accessory for doing nothing to stop a crime.