ledger

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: ledger

magnifisaint wrote:
stinger wrote:correct.......i clearly remember scott saying so.....
but he's a liar!
Well I knew there was one little bloke whose pants were on fire, but I didn't think it was Scotty :wink:

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
stinger wrote:
chook23 wrote:Think you are a bit confused about the 2 years.........sting!
maybe..maybe it was a twelve months contract...in any event scott sad he was offered a contract but asked to be delisted anyway.....

Thats not correct at all. he was never offerred another contract. of course he would have taken it if he was. he was delisted because we didnt want him.
Of course he would of taken up contractr? Maybe he didnt want to play under Scott Watters.

There was a one year contract on table, but not until after trade period. At that stage he was 50/50 be officially offered it. He thought being delisted was his best option, its probably backfired now that SW has been sacked.

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

He was offered a one year however knocked it on the head because Melb had shown some interest may have thought he was a chance there until the Dees went after Tyson etc ,hope he gets picked up!

PADDLEPOP1000
slider
Club Player

PADDLEPOP1001 wrote:He was offered a one year however knocked it on the head because Melb had shown some interest may have thought he was a chance there until the Dees went after Tyson etc ,hope he gets picked up!
This is so out of bounds its ridiculous..

He was told he was a 50/50 chance to be retained, there was no contract on the table, he wanted to go home, the Fairy land Dees option is a load of crud.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

slider wrote:
PADDLEPOP1001 wrote:He was offered a one year however knocked it on the head because Melb had shown some interest may have thought he was a chance there until the Dees went after Tyson etc ,hope he gets picked up!

He was told he was a 50/50 chance to be retained, there was no contract on the table, he wanted to go home, the Fairy land Dees option is a load of crud.
He didn't want to go home, that's load of crap.

slider
Club Player

stkildathunda wrote:
slider wrote:

He didn't want to go home, that's load of crap.
He did want to go home your a load of crap

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

I love how people on here know their stuff!

PADDLEPOP1000
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

PADDLEPOP1001 wrote:I love how people on here know their stuff!
Its good for a laugh, isn't it? Even in the unlikely event they know Tom personally he may have told them two different stories. Arguing like a couple of school girls trying to act like they are important.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

PADDLEPOP1001 wrote:Watters said he would be offered a one year contract however asked to move on!
correct.....i herd him say it....

anyway the point was that ledger made the wong call..imhfo...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
slider
Club Player

Old Mate wrote:
Its good for a laugh, isn't it? Even in the unlikely event they know Tom personally he may have told them two different stories. Arguing like a couple of school girls trying to act like they are important.

Then why do you continue doing it?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Watters will coach in the WAFL next year and be reunited with Ledger and Cripps

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
if you are talking about me...that's offensive......i was merely pointing out that ledger didn't get drafted and asking posters did they think he would be rookied...got noting to do with someone trying to be important.....i have plugger on ignore and didn't have a clue what he was posting until someone quoted him...and cared even less....

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Hopefully he gets picked up ,deserves another chance!

PADDLEPOP1000
stinger
Saintsational Legend

PADDLEPOP1001 wrote:Hopefully he gets picked up ,deserves another chance!
yes he does...was treated poorly by watters.....on a par with lyon's treatment of lynch, walsh and cripps...imho.....

PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

+1

PADDLEPOP1000
defacto
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:reckon he will be at the tigers ......

claremont tigers that is
ive been saying this for months now, before he was even delisted

got told i was dreaming and he was a certainiy to be re-signed. then he delisted himself and i was told he was a certainty to be picked up as a DFA. then it was the draft...

now its the rookie draft

if he was such a great prospect why is he training with a budget athletics club in WA? why isnt he on another training list?

he will be in the WAFL next year and his lack of tank will be obvious on large grounds with mids that can run

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
yes he does...was treated poorly by watters.....on a par with lyon's treatment of lynch, walsh and cripps...imho.....
With Ledger, Lynch, Walsh and Cripps, we'd be well on the way to a repeat of the '80s. You really know how to build a team!

Oh, I forgot to say IMHO, whatever that is.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
defacto
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:Watters will coach in the WAFL next year and be reunited with Ledger and Cripps
really? at what club?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I wish Tom all the luck in the world..but...there's a chance Scott and selection committee were right and a lot of pundits were wrong....and that he's not considered AFL standard.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
stinger wrote:
With Ledger, Lynch, Walsh and Cripps, we'd be well on the way to a repeat of the '80s. You really know how to build a team!

Oh, I forgot to say IMHO, whatever that is.

oh wobble boy...missed your posts so much.....

did you miss that ten goal game by lynch...who knows how the others will turn out....probably flowered by now as a result of poor development... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: but hey..you know better don't you.... :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:I wish Tom all the luck in the world..but...there's a chance Scott and selection committee were right and a lot of pundits were wrong....and that he's not considered AFL standard.

looked like he could play to me...and i saw his last two games live...unlike most on here..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

Cripps played nearly every game whan fit. Probably got more than he deserved. Walsh wasnt good enough and that has pretty much been proven. Lynch played as many games in Adelaide in his first season as he did with the Saints in his last season even though he was a year older. he just improved. it happens. Ledger was coached by 2 coaches, both who struggled to play him. Just another player who had to many faults.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
saint66au wrote:I wish Tom all the luck in the world..but...there's a chance Scott and selection committee were right and a lot of pundits were wrong....and that he's not considered AFL standard.
looked like he could play to me...and i saw his last two games live...unlike most on here..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Brett Knowles used to get a bit of the footy as well. That didn't make him AFL standard though.

You might be right and he might make it, but the fact that no other club has picked him up yet doesn't speak volumes in favour of your judgement.

ace
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda took Tom Ledger No 58 in the 2010 draft.
However Gold Coast had been allowed to pluck 12 players of 17 years old the preceding year.
Gold Coast also had 3 Northern Territory Zone picks and 5 Queensland Zone picks ahead of the 2010 draft.
They all would have normally gone into the 2010 draft.
That places Ledger's effective draft position in the mid 70's.

This years draft was only compromised by 2 players of 17 years old being taken in last years mini draft.
This year less than 70 new players were taken in the draft.
So Ledger would need to have shown himself to have stepped up the pecking order quite a bit.
And his means of demonstating that was playing mostly at Sandringham when his AFL team could not win and only came 3rd bottom.

He may have thought himself a more worthy player and may have been, but no-one was watching him.
Certainly not recruiters from other clubs because he was already a St Kilda listed player.

His chances of being rookied by any club are poor.
Any future AFL career would probably lie in a standout season in a state league.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
Of course he would of taken up contractr? Maybe he didnt want to play under Scott Watters.

There was a one year contract on table, but not until after trade period. At that stage he was 50/50 be officially offered it. He thought being delisted was his best option, its probably backfired now that SW has been sacked.

In all fairness - that doesn't sound like a contract on the table. More like a contract in the fireplace, with a big chance of being incinerated before being able to sign it.

Ledger did the right thing. Odds were in favour of being delisted by us if a trade couldn't be made. Gives himself the best chance and a clear path to a new club.