Boof Richardson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: Boof Richardson

sad to see that some of this thread ended up in the animal enclosure..including a good get by tony , who actually said nothing.......censorship and pc madness gone wild...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

glad to hear that Dunnel is really giving it a crack

I reckon he has all the tools and really want the club to give him a shot next season

Maister usually trains pretty well I think

Sobraz
SS Life Member

skeptic wrote: Maister usually trains pretty well I think
He'll kick 5 against Melbourne round 1..

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

tony74 wrote:
BackFromUSA wrote:When did this become a Python forum?

Back on topic ...

Tony - word is Saunders is flying!!! Won 2k time trial Monday? Can you confirm? Also heard Maister was awesome too?

ALSO HEAR THEY HAVE SAND DUNES IN THEIR FUTURE!

Yep you're correct. But mind you at this time of the year they're all flying. Club is very impressed in the condition of ( in this order ) Jones, Schneider, Dunnel, Ross, Newnes and Ray. Also the whipping boy Milera is up and about.
So basically the only ones that are part of the future are Ross, Newnes and maybe Milera.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

hard to get excited about Ray training the house down, his disposal will still always be lousy at best.
Newnes on the other hand!

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
stinger
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:hard to get excited about Ray training the house down, his disposal will still always be lousy at best.
Newnes on the other hand!
are you being a bit hard on faren...???.i thought his kicking last year had improved...

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Back on topic ...

Tony - word is Saunders is flying!!! Won 2k time trial Monday? Can you confirm? Also heard Maister was awesome too?

It has never been a python forum.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

tony74 wrote: Club is very impressed in the condition of ( in this order ) Jones, Schneider, Dunnel, Ross, Newnes and Ray. Also the whipping boy Milera is up and about. :shock:
Thank you as ever Tony for your insights from the coalface. :D However, this lastest one is concerning...

Flint getting on..., Fiora, Kosi, Raph, Misso... all gone. (Though the latter posts far far better than he ever played. 8-) )

Now I read that Milera is training well and looking the goods (and to me he also looks much more solid physically?), and also Farren impressing in the pre-season.

Thank Gawd for TDL! We are seriously running low on whipping boys.

PS: I agree with Sting (see does happen... and it's a blue moon tonight :wink: )... I thought that Farren's disposal improved markedly later in the season. Sam G and Flints' also. Do we have a new skills coach? :?

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
spiral3
Club Player

thanks Tony for providing some pre-season news, much appreciated :)
summer is always a great time to get to training, new kids, fresh challenge, sunshine, recommend it for all supporters!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:sad to see that some of this thread ended up in the animal enclosure..including a good get by tony , who actually said nothing.......censorship and pc madness gone wild...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Is it about time to have an open discussion about how the board is being moderated. Sentiment and comment similar to yours seems to be growing...it would be a shame to let the board lose it's appeal to over reaching moderation.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Moderating is never good news for personal abbusers i I suppose?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
tony74 wrote:

Back on topic ...

Yep you're correct. But mind you at this time of the year they're all flying. Club is very impressed in the condition of ( in this order ) Jones, Schneider, Dunnel, Ross, Newnes and Ray. Also the whipping boy Milera is up and about.
So basically the only ones that are part of the future are Ross, Newnes and maybe Milera.
Depends what you mean by future.

Schneider has the class and smarts to play another 4-5 seasons. His body is his issue, and so it is marvellous news that he is having a very good pre-season. He is the type of player who brings others into the game. If he can be up and about the next several years our new kids will have a much easier time of it.

Ray is only 28.

Rare would be the good team that did not have some "old-hands" in it.
Jones will probably find it hard if his pace and intensity drop off any as he does not have Scheider's ability. However Richo will most likely love his commitment and work-rate. (If Siposs had these aspects of Jones added to him he would be a very good player!!).

Dunnell will be on a "last chance" year. He will need to improve and break into the team , otherwise there will just be too many emerging young kids next year (if not this year).

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
gringo
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
Depends what you mean by future.

Schneider has the class and smarts to play another 4-5 seasons. His body is his issue, and so it is marvellous news that he is having a very good pre-season. He is the type of player who brings others into the game. If he can be up and about the next several years our new kids will have a much easier time of it.

Ray is only 28.

Rare would be the good team that did not have some "old-hands" in it.
Jones will probably find it hard if his pace and intensity drop off any as he does not have Scheider's ability. However Richo will most likely love his commitment and work-rate. (If Siposs had these aspects of Jones added to him he would be a very good player!!).

Dunnell will be on a "last chance" year. He will need to improve and break into the team , otherwise there will just be too many emerging young kids next year (if not this year).[/quote]

i have rewatched a few games recently and Jones is an absolute work horse that earns his spot by working his arse off. Curren has the same intensity IMO. Could be a beauty and on his senior performances in 2013 he could go top 5 in the B and F next year. Schnieds is a super classy player and just about our best on pure ability these days. Ray is probably going to have to keep working hard to keep the kids at bay but he is a very good clubman by all reports.

To me our late season showed how much we needed a FB. We have now got 2 potential KPBs and probably get back Fisher so should tighten up the huge holes. We actually took it up to Sydney but they just got it to Tippett so easily the dam wall breached.

The future isn't so dark to me and I expect us to be better than this year.

southernsaint
Club Player

+1 gringo

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
stinger wrote:sad to see that some of this thread ended up in the animal enclosure..including a good get by tony , who actually said nothing.......censorship and pc madness gone wild...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Is it about time to have an open discussion about how the board is being moderated. Sentiment and comment similar to yours seems to be growing...it would be a shame to let the board lose it's appeal to over reaching moderation.

well...i think that bfusa has done a damn great job in cleaning up the forum and getting things back to where they should be....i'm fine with that.....most of the personal abuse has dissappeared....apart from the odd argument........in the post i complained about tony merely re-posted a couple of real changers from a certain poster......and ended up on the cutting room floor......when that happens i think the mods have gone too far the other way........although. i'm all for stopping some of the more boring argy bargy that goes on here in some threads...but i think posters should self moderate their behaviour....i have......not that hard.......

actually on reflection.....ss at the moment is a good place to visit...thanks to bfusa...but i'm hoping that things don't go real pc crazy....

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:

No bfusa has done a pretty good job. Just put on the people you cant stand on ignore. There is one particular poster who is personally abusive and jack threads whose drivvel I never have to read.

And life is so much better on ss.

Anyway all the crap from this thread was transferred to the cesspool of the animal enclosure. Go over there and read it if you have a mind.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
arpstk
Club Player

It would be great to see a good handful of young players stand up and want to bleed for their coach and club, with full confidence to impose themselves on the field.

This is what I wanna see...the team having a go, the saints were great under RL because the boys were having a fair dinkum dip...SW got the benefit of that in his 1st season then lost it last year and now AR needs to get it back!

I think he can do it.

GO RICHO GO SAINTERS