big mac and the pelican...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: big mac and the pelican...

Should this dumb thread even be in the football forum.

Some Hawthorn player, means nothing tome.

More interested in great stars of the future - Dunstan, Acres, Longer etc.

McEvoy is history - who cares? Hickey is already a better tap ruck and more mobile. Both he and Longer will be better than McEvoy

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:...a lot of you guys aren't going to like what i'm about to post.....

...i have just been watching big boy mcevoy star against the dons....and listening to the comments about how valuable he is going to be to hawthorn, i started to think......

...now we all know that the pelican claims to have recruited the best of the hawks...the ones...left footers mostly..that have put the hawks on top of the heap...and won them the odd premiership......he also cherry picked their side....recruiting to cover their weaknesses......gibson., burgoyne, lake, gunston, hale & simpkin come readily to mind......anyway...the pelican left his beloved hawks for the saints.......supposedly at the request of allan jeans....this year the hawks were going to have a weakness in the ruck........a crucial deficiency if you want to win back to back.........out of the blue..as if by magic, big boy mcevoy lands in their lap......for pick 18 , and an exchange of pick 19 for picks 24 and 59.......geez...bet the hawks couldn't believe their luck....once again they are contenders......and they don't have to mortgage themselves for a basically untried longer.....

....my question to the saints....how many other clubs did you try to sell mcevoy to.... or was there only the one club....hawthorn.......???????....if more than one.....did you try to shop big boy for a lower pick......Ie...gws for their no i pick????...if not why not.......????....why only pelican's first love, hawthorn?????

...guess the club isn't going to answer me..... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sorry didnt read your post first Stinger but what you are claiming is hilarious. For a start Pelchen left hawthorn by basically being sacked so Im just about certain he didnt want to help them. And what we got for ben was about right. Its a very silly notion.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

On what measure is Ben a far better Ruckman?

On any/every measure Ben is far far better?! Seriously, that is a silly comment. A hope more than a truth?

Why don't you put a poll out to 1000 neutral footy followers on who is the better Ruckman?

Hickey might or might not make it... He would need to add a bit of strength!

Mumford is 28yo

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:On what measure is Ben a far better Ruckman?

On any/every measure Ben is far far better?! Seriously, that is a silly comment. A hope more than a truth?

Why don't you put a poll out to 1000 neutral footy followers on who is the better Ruckman?

Hickey might or might not make it... He would need to add a bit of strength!

Mumford is 28yo
Who are you even addressing.

Show a modicum of courtesy and use the quote function.

Absolutely rude and arrogant.

McEvoy is not as mobile as Hickey and Hickey is a better tap ruckman. You will never admit it because you made derided Hickey from the outset.

Devilhead went back and got your quotes about Hickey calling him a gumby etc. You were totally wrong and now you cant admit it. Typical.

McEvoy only went well last night because Ryder did his ankle up until that time McEvoy was a liability and was getting pumped.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Should this dumb thread even be in the football forum.

McEvoy is history - who cares? Hickey is already a better tap ruck and more mobile. Both he and Longer will be better than McEvoy
What sort of loser would start a thread about an opposition player?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=84929

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
saint6
Club Player

stinger wrote:...a lot of you guys aren't going to like what i'm about to post.....

...i have just been watching big boy mcevoy star against the dons....and listening to the comments about how valuable he is going to be to hawthorn, i started to think......

...now we all know that the pelican claims to have recruited the best of the hawks...the ones...left footers mostly..that have put the hawks on top of the heap...and won them the odd premiership......he also cherry picked their side....recruiting to cover their weaknesses......gibson., burgoyne, lake, gunston, hale & simpkin come readily to mind......anyway...the pelican left his beloved hawks for the saints.......supposedly at the request of allan jeans....this year the hawks were going to have a weakness in the ruck........a crucial deficiency if you want to win back to back.........out of the blue..as if by magic, big boy mcevoy lands in their lap......for pick 18 , and an exchange of pick 19 for picks 24 and 59.......geez...bet the hawks couldn't believe their luck....once again they are contenders......and they don't have to mortgage themselves for a basically untried longer.....

....my question to the saints....how many other clubs did you try to sell mcevoy to.... or was there only the one club....hawthorn.......???????....if more than one.....did you try to shop big boy for a lower pick......Ie...gws for their no i pick????...if not why not.......????....why only pelican's first love, hawthorn?????

...guess the club isn't going to answer me..... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
And I thought I was paranoid. Pelchens career will be judged on how well he recruits for the saints. Why would he sabotage his career????

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I didn't realise Hickey had made it as a Ruckman yet?!

Apparantly Dunstan is A Grade... 'In 2010 we had the next big thing'.... Simpkin was a gun in 2012... Siposs a Jet and a straight swap for BJ who?....

Speaking of going early?

Ps. I don't quote
I loathe pages and pages of pages because of long quotes....it's just repeating and doubling up. And unnecessary IMO
Any person with half a brain can work out who's being addressed. If they are unsure, it probably isn't them...and they don't need to comment?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:What did GWS have to give up for Mumford?
IIRC it was nowhere near what Hawthorn gave us for Big Ben.
And I rate Mumford today as a much better ruckman than Big Ben is today
They gave up their 3rd round pick - #35
I am surprised they gave up that much as Mumford was out of contract and GWS had the first PSD pick.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, strange?

Did they use that on Heath Shaw? Was a a FA

Hunt?

But 35 sounds about right for Mummy all things being equal.

paddy
Club Player

I think its just a smart trade....

he knew what hawthorn needed, and packaged up a deal that saw us get quite a lot....

its the epitome of win win

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

Mcevoy started ok-ish and then went nowhere fast!! Do not understand the OP??!! One commentato got off the blocks early stating how good a pick up he'd be but later on BT was criticising his value..? It was their other ruck who turned it around for them in the last!! In any event mc did not star. With a total of 14 disposals you might argue he had a decent game

#1 Ryder fan
stinger
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:Mcevoy started ok-ish and then went nowhere fast!! Do not understand the OP??!! One commentato got off the blocks early stating how good a pick up he'd be but later on BT was criticising his value..? It was their other ruck who turned it around for them in the last!! In any event mc did not star. With a total of 14 disposals you might argue he had a decent game

my post was made early in the game...still...valid questions imhfo....ones that i don't expect answers for...glad i posted it nevertheless...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

bbm wrote:Stinger. Finish one sentence and just try to contain your anxiety.

raises finger with knuckle out.... :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote: I loathe pages and pages of pages because of long quotes....it's just repeating and doubling up. And unnecessary IMO
Any person with half a brain can work out who's being addressed. If they are unsure, it probably isn't them...and they don't need to comment?

... :wink:

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:it's a question, i'm now actually surprised hasn't been asked before...gws needed a ruckman.....sure...they eventually ended up with mumford....but they had picks one and two.....we should have been able to deal with them.....dal was also on the table as was fisher....
So...You know for a fact that McEvoy, Dal and Fisher wanted to go to GWS?
Thought not.

spert
Saintsational Legend

From what I saw last night, I don't see trading Macca as a big loss for us- we gained if anything.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Hickey has been as good as Mc evoy was last year. Mc might have a new motivation but he could have had another down year with us anyway. I don't want to bag the guy but i see more potential in Longer and the Hickster. Holmes could even be a surprise packet I feel. He looks very good so far. Pierce is very skinny still be is one of the most natural tap ruckmen I have seen at his age. We might end up with too many good rucks and have to on sell a few.

Dunstan so far is an amazing get. We are rebuilding not stock piling GOPs from our glory days.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:You raise another really interesting point beekay...

Also, why didn't we try to get Fyfe for Dawson?

We are idiots.

How do you know we didnt?

Beekay
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:
Ps. I don't quote
I loathe pages and pages of pages because of long quotes....it's just repeating and doubling up.

Oh, and your and pluggers 6 year, billion page pissing contest is just a prosperous delight for all our eyes...

You don't quote because you're a sad man trying to be a web rebel. Go, hero, go.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Should this dumb thread even be in the football forum.

What sort of loser would start a thread about an opposition player?

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=84929
Obviously my account had been hacked by someone.

At least Watts was in a game involving St.Kilda

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Beekay wrote:
BigMart wrote:
Ps. I don't quote
I loathe pages and pages of pages because of long quotes....it's just repeating and doubling up.

Oh, and your and pluggers 6 year, billion page pissing contest is just a prosperous delight for all our eyes...

You don't quote because you're a sad man trying to be a web rebel. Go, hero, go.
It is a common courtesy to quote. It is BS about pages on a thread, BM does not control bandwidth or memory.

I think your explanation is closer to the truth.

Just plain rude and arrogant.

Lance or James??

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for sharing your philosophy on not quoting?

Can you also give us a guide to the use of questions marks.

I seem to use them in all the wrong places and people have trouble understanding me?

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:Mcevoy started ok-ish and then went nowhere fast!! Do not understand the OP??!! One commentato got off the blocks early stating how good a pick up he'd be but later on BT was criticising his value..? It was their other ruck who turned it around for them in the last!! In any event mc did not star. With a total of 14 disposals you might argue he had a decent game
They have a deadly ruck combo now.

Hale and no pace.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

As far as conspiracy theories goes this one takes the cake.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I didn't read the conspiracy part.
I think it's pretty clear Pelchen wanted 3 picks inside 20 and this was the only way to achieve that.
Straight fwd.
And obviously our footy dept rates Hickey.
Id say that's all there is to it.