Armitage

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Armitage

BigMart wrote:It makes perfect sense to you?

Not sure you've played a game or been injured? But you have NFI

Loads of players were strapping? Are you suggesting in most cases it's not required?? What rot!

Lenny, your best mate... Haha .... admitted he used it until he felt better!!

What do you think that means Einstein .... You feel unstable and won't go 100% and you don't trust your joint. You haven't got full knowledge of strength so you strap it to give it support, strength and stability.

Seriously, you're making an arse of yourself again
Now you know more than doctors, physios, the players themselves and obviously Elastoplast has got everyone fooled with the placebo effect.

Players come off and get attended to by medical staff... Do those fools who tape up a joint, have no clue.

Armo obviously isn't travelling 100%.... Because IN HIS OWN HEAD HE FEELS THE NEED FOR A FULL KNEE TAPE!!! Or even more likely, he spoke to the trainers, had a scan, it's minor and they advised the strapping.....

You really dont get it. And then get personal. Lenny my best mate what crap. but what he did say is he wore tape just for confidence and was told by the medical staff it was doing nothing and it would be better mentally if he got rid of it. Same goes with rooy. he even said that when he got rid of the tape off his shoulders about 3 years ago. Are those 2 players lying or do you just know better? And when did I say the strapping wasnt needed? seriously you are getting worse. Your exact words were Armo WAS CLEARLY INJURED. and you decided that because he had strapping. What a lot of crap. It could be to stop an injury. makes a hell of lot more sense than you deciding he was clearly injured without even speaking to him or the doctors. yep you know though because there is tape.

And not sure you played a game or been injured. Well yes to both but what that has to do with tape and Armo is beyond me. And you saying im making an arse of myself. Some of the things you come up with have nothing to do with what i wrote at all but go with it. You usually do but are eventually found out. What about Rooy stating he trains with the group Monday to friday. he said that one day after you told everyone on here he doesnt train now because of the knee. Your history with guessing injuries is poor. maybe chech the facts first.

Please please put me back on ignore.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

No.... Changed my mind... And I'm not sure you can tell me who and who not to ignore

I am going to respond to every piece of crap you dribble... And you can continue to get used to what others have to put up with.

In my view (which I'm entitled) Armo is definitely carrying an injury, because I saw the contest where he was smashed and had to be helped from the ground... And got his knee strapped before coming back on, he wore full strapping at training and was running poorly .... He was clearly limping.

It was bought up in the media, it was bought up in the injury update after round 3

He wore full strapping against WC, he was still not running freely.

He was still struggling against Adelaide

But hey, you went into a diatribe about strapping being irrelevant used two (out of thousands) of examples to attempt to prove you opposition... To my opinion? Which
How about Armo, why didn't the physios tell him he didn't need strapping... Or are the players dictating their medical treatment?!

Seriously

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

What fact do you have?

To suggest he is uninjured

Except that you believe his strapping is unnecessary.

None!

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Sorry to interrupt on what is apparently your personal blog here BM, but a couple of things I have observed and learnt (you too can learn things if you don't assume you already know it all):

1) Armitage was clearly injured - because he was bloody limping!! Strapping has jack to do with it.

2) As someone who has been strapped up a fair bit over the journey, strapping does physically assist on smaller joints (fingers etc) but has little physical on major joints such as shoulders and knees. The effect on major joints is in the mind - as a result of the feeling of resistance against movement the strapping is supposed to stop you over extending a damaged/injured/healing joint. In other words your brain registers the resistance the tape creates against your skin as you extend the joint, supposedly making you subconciously aware of the impending over extension of the joint and controlling your movement appropriately.

Given the way it works, the strapping gives some players confidence in their body to be able to perform. Not a difficult situation to understand, surely.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
GoSaintersGo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:It makes perfect sense to you?

Not sure you've played a game or been injured? But you have NFI

Loads of players were strapping? Are you suggesting in most cases it's not required?? What rot!

Lenny, your best mate... Haha .... admitted he used it until he felt better!!

What do you think that means Einstein .... You feel unstable and won't go 100% and you don't trust your joint. You haven't got full knowledge of strength so you strap it to give it support, strength and stability.

Seriously, you're making an arse of yourself again
Now you know more than doctors, physios, the players themselves and obviously Elastoplast has got everyone fooled with the placebo effect.

Players come off and get attended to by medical staff... Do those fools who tape up a joint, have no clue.

Armo obviously isn't travelling 100%.... Because IN HIS OWN HEAD HE FEELS THE NEED FOR A FULL KNEE TAPE!!! Or even more likely, he spoke to the trainers, had a scan, it's minor and they advised the strapping.....

You really dont get it. And then get personal. Lenny my best mate what crap. but what he did say is he wore tape just for confidence and was told by the medical staff it was doing nothing and it would be better mentally if he got rid of it. Same goes with rooy. he even said that when he got rid of the tape off his shoulders about 3 years ago. Are those 2 players lying or do you just know better? And when did I say the strapping wasnt needed? seriously you are getting worse. Your exact words were Armo WAS CLEARLY INJURED. and you decided that because he had strapping. What a lot of crap. It could be to stop an injury. makes a hell of lot more sense than you deciding he was clearly injured without even speaking to him or the doctors. yep you know though because there is tape.

And not sure you played a game or been injured. Well yes to both but what that has to do with tape and Armo is beyond me. And you saying im making an arse of myself. Some of the things you come up with have nothing to do with what i wrote at all but go with it. You usually do but are eventually found out. What about Rooy stating he trains with the group Monday to friday. he said that one day after you told everyone on here he doesnt train now because of the knee. Your history with guessing injuries is poor. maybe chech the facts first.

Please please put me back on ignore.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - it"s an absolute insult on intelligent Saint people to read such ridiculous crap from you two lame brains - it's all just a waste of space.

elizabethr
Club Player

The insuations from P66 regarding a player as brave as Armitage are disgusting and degrading !

nothing to say
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

elizabethr wrote:The insuations from P66 regarding a player as brave as Armitage are disgusting and degrading !
What were the insinuations?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Armo clearly injured.
Listed as injured by the club.

But as usual p66 wants to argue with the bleeding obvious and tells us we are all wrong and only he really knows the inner truth for all players because he thinks hes their mate and wants to up himself on here about it.

Every single time a player is actually injured and listed on the Saints own website as injured you still come on here time and time again and tell us they arent really injured because you want to promote your 'inside knowledge' which is only a figment of your imagination.

Saints94
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:Armo clearly injured.

But as usual p66 telks us we are all wrong and only he really knows the inner truth for all players because he thinks hes their mate and wants to up himself on here about it. Get a dog dude.
Two words. Oxygen Thief.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
elizabethr wrote:The insuations from P66 regarding a player as brave as Armitage are disgusting and degrading !

Yes what were the insinuations?

As for strapping, logic would tell you that you dont have strapping unless you have instability in the joint or ligaments or whatever.

I think it is a fair assumption to believe Armitage has an injury.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Stian
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
bergholt wrote:

As for strapping, logic would tell you that you dont have strapping unless you have instability in the joint or ligaments or whatever.

The injury report issued today says that he had a bad laceration on his knee that actually needed stitches - he now has trouble bending his knee (swelling, I guess) and they have given him a week off

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Stian wrote:
The injury report issued today says that he had a bad laceration on his knee that actually needed stitches - he now has trouble bending his knee (swelling, I guess) and they have given him a week off

Other knee was strapped prior to the match

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Stian
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Stian wrote:

Other knee was strapped prior to the match
:cry: there goes my argument !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

But as usual p66 wants to argue with the bleeding obvious and tells us we are all wrong and only he really knows the inner truth for all players because he thinks hes their mate and wants to up himself on here about it.

Every single time a player is actually injured and listed on the Saints own website as injured you still come on here time and time again and tell us they arent really injured because you want to promote your 'inside knowledge' which is only a figment of your imagination.

Seriously Con when did I say Armo wasnt injured. You really are a waste of time. I think you have BM covered for not reading what is written. Armo hurt himself saturday which I said. I also said that wearing strapping before a game doesnt mean you are clearly injured as BM is trying to say. For a clearly injured player he went ok both weeks he was clearly injured until he was actually clearly injured. By the way why atrent you like your dad? he is normal and i reckon he reads what is written. As for my inside knowledge how many times can I tell you I have none at all. Yep know a few players but not as many as I used to and in a few years wont know any. That isnt inside knowledge you silly little man.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
bergholt wrote:

Plenty of players have strapping for precausion JB. As I pointed out Rooy had it for years on his shoulders and then just got rid of it after some poor games and stuff said in the media which he later admitted. Lenny was pretty much the same. It was a confidence thing but wasnt actually doing anything. Judd has is shoulders taped but he hasnt got injured shoulders every game. precaution. If you ghet strapping during a game I reckon you can safely say he has an injury. Strapping beforea game doesnt mean a player is definately injured.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Plenty of players have strapping for precausion JB. As I pointed out Rooy had it for years on his shoulders and then just got rid of it after some poor games and stuff said in the media which he later admitted. Lenny was pretty much the same. It was a confidence thing but wasnt actually doing anything. Judd has is shoulders taped but he hasnt got injured shoulders every game. precaution. If you ghet strapping during a game I reckon you can safely say he has an injury. Strapping beforea game doesnt mean a player is definately injured.
Roo, Lenny, and Judd all had major injuries to those areas strapped and may well have used it to give confidence on stability.

Cant remember Armo having a major injury where he would require confidence in his knee unless he sustained an injury of some type.

Lance or James??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Roo, Lenny, and Judd all had major injuries to those areas strapped and may well have used it to give confidence on stability.

Cant remember Armo having a major injury where he would require confidence in his knee unless he sustained an injury of some type.

No im sure its for stability of the knee but the tapping would then make him fit to play. He may not be 100% but im doubting many if any players are 100% after about 2 games of footy. Some need taping for precaution and some for stability and some who arent 100% dont need anything because taping wont help. As I said previously if taping meant players were clearly injured then it would doubtful anyone could fill a side. Armo seemed to be going pretty well before he was really injured. matter of fact at stage I thought he was nearly our best player. I would suggest without that laceration last week he would be one of the first picked this week and im sure he would having strapping on again.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

According to this "some clubs have compulsory taping for ankles for every game and training".
http://www.grampiansml.com.au/resources ... racing.pdf

And also this AFL initiated study,
"For the study the team assessed the joint laxity (or stability) of 33 male players with the St George Crows, a feeder team for the AFL team Adelaide Crows, while taped and without any taping.
"If you are going to tape a shoulder it should make it tighter, but we found there was no difference," says Murrell."
http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/ ... 638957.htm

As for Armo, I have no idea.

ljpoyz
Club Player

Word.
Saints94 wrote:

But as usual p66 telks us we are all wrong and only he really knows the inner truth for all players because he thinks hes their mate and wants to up himself on here about it. Get a dog dude.
Two words. Oxygen Thief.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I am confused at what the drama is here?

Plugger has suggested that Armo was fit play on Sunday, while probably still not 100%. He also said that being strapped before a game does not necessarily mean an injury, considering 95% of players strap their ankles every game it's a reasonable suggestion that players use strapping for confidence.

It's been established that Armo is going to miss because of the opposite knee to the one strapped prior to the game.

What was the terrible insinuation lizzie?

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

I love you plugs-wugsie-woo-woo but please stop against BM. It serves no purpose as one veteran forumite to another

elizabethr
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:Injury aside I love his toughness and work in the clinches,
but we won't be contenders till at least 4 or 5 more midfielders on our list are ahead of him.

Agree. as tough and hard as he is he lacks the class and pace to ever be more than a GOP. he needs to be a 5th or 6th midfielder. he would ideal for that role.
See how the midfield performs this week without him ! :wink:

nothing to say
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

elizabethr wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
whiskers3614 wrote:Injury aside I love his toughness and work in the clinches,
but we won't be contenders till at least 4 or 5 more midfielders on our list are ahead of him.

Agree. as tough and hard as he is he lacks the class and pace to ever be more than a GOP. he needs to be a 5th or 6th midfielder. he would ideal for that role.
See how the midfield performs this week without him ! :wink:

Nothing wrong with being a GOP. I reckon every premiership side has probably 10 of them. And I never once suggested Armo wasnt injured last week so i have no idea why you had a go at me about that.

DWOODROW
Club Player

What is a GOP?

elizabethr
Club Player

Good ordinary player. .

nothing to say