Match Thread: Saints v Bombers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SAAD
Club Player

Re: Match Thread: Saints v Bombers

So proud of our saintazzzz

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

SAAD wrote:So proud of our saintazzzz
As the late EJ Whitten would have said 'we shoved it right up em.'

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

My nephew was there with a BROKEN LEG in plaster ( from a soccer match last Sunday) sitting in the disabled seats on level 3 with his dad next to him.

3 votes, lad!

We all enjoyed the win and a drink after the game .

Suck on that, footy writers in the Age/HS etc. don't think anyone tipped us.

This is a huge win.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:My nephew was there with a BROKEN LEG in plaster ( from a soccer match last Sunday) sitting in the disabled seats on level 3 with his dad next to him.

3 votes, lad!

This is a huge win.
Great work by the lad - but I hope you didnt get him too drunk in the Locker Room post match ? :D

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
saintbob wrote:Jones is a muppet, and so is Gwilt!!!
poor call
Good call by you Fireman.
Good supporting role Joffa :)

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Pwoit wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
The Fireman wrote: poor call
Good call by you Fireman.
Good supporting role Joffa :)
AS Pwoit takes of the green Jacket.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

I kept my promise and didn't watch any of the game or check the scores at all last night.

Still didn't know the result till about 7 this morn when my dad(a Tiges fan) texted me:

'Go sts well done beat the druggies yahoo'. Lol. I said to my wife the Sts won. She said yeah I saw that on the news.

Was in a quandary as I also vowed not to celebrate if we win so as not to undermine my principles. My wife said I was being immature so I watched the highlights.

My principles are rumbling now but I think I can maintain my footing.

Here's hoping this begins the end of this Essencheat facade and the hammer comes down on them soon so we can all get back to normal and the competition can be not tainted by them.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:I kept my promise and didn't watch any of the game or check the scores at all last night.

Still didn't know the result till about 7 this morn when my dad(a Tiges fan) texted me:

'Go sts well done beat the druggies yahoo'. Lol. I said to my wife the Sts won. She said yeah I saw that on the news.

Was in a quandary as I also vowed not to celebrate if we win so to undermine my principles. My wife said I was being immature so I watched the highlights.

Here's hoping this begins the end of this Essencheat facade and the hammer comes down on them soon so we can all get back to normal and the competition can be not tainted by them.

Strange principals but each to their own. Missed a great win.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:I kept my promise and didn't watch any of the game or check the scores at all last night.

Was in a quandary as I also vowed not to celebrate if we win so as not to undermine my principles. My wife said I was being immature so I watched the highlights.

Are you some sort of Tibetan Monk ? :shock:

mullet
Saintsational Legend

I understand how you dont want to support the druggies by not going to the game, but why cut off your nose to spite your face. Watch the replay, they wont benefit from this, and give yourself an easter treat.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Was in a quandary as I also vowed not to celebrate if we win so to undermine my principles. My wife said I was being immature so I watched the highlights.

Vowed at beginning of season plug, not to view any games with the Bummers involved. That included last night. Hope you guys enjoyed it. From the highlights it looked great.

It made me want to vomit seeing the maggot Essencheat players on the highlights so watching them for a whole game would've been a struggle.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:

I understand how you dont want to support the druggies by not going to the game, but why cut off your nose to spite your face. Watch the replay, they wont benefit from this, and give yourself an easter treat.
I live on the Gold Coast bro.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Tipped this win. Bombers coming back from Perth and missing BJ, they were always going to struggle and their suspect forward line was exposed. BJ seems to 'be' Essendon at the moment. Face of the club and their MOST important player. Can't see them winning against any of the top teams if he does not play. They may even struggle against the lower teams.

Don't underestimate the effect of a Perth trip with humid/hot conditions. We struggled last week against Adelaide. If you look at the stats so far in regards to wins and performance from teams coming back from such conditions, none of the teams/players play well or win. The 'play anywhere, anytime' mantra doesn't really wash and it makes you admire the interstate teams that are successfully able to do it.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Vowed at beginning of season plug, not to view any games with the Bummers involved. That included last night. Hope you guys enjoyed it. From the highlights it looked great.

It made me want to vomit seeing the maggot Essencheat players on the highlights so watching them for a whole game would've been a struggle.

I take it you never watch the Tour De France? Or American Baseball? I could never have principals if it meant not watching my side. I never watched Essendon not that I care if i did, I watched our players.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully won't have to do it the next 2 years anyway

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:Hopefully won't have to do it the next 2 years anyway

I hope not. Doubt the AFL can continue to prop up clubs and also lose around 40 million a year. Hopefully just a few suspended players and officials if found guilty.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote: Vowed at beginning of season plug, not to view any games with the Bummers involved. That included last night.
I can appreciate that. Stick to your guns mate!

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Munga wrote:
stevie wrote: Vowed at beginning of season plug, not to view any games with the Bummers involved. That included last night.
Plus 1.

Except... Stevie, someone will have to eventually break this to you, so...

John Lennon and Paul McCartney performed the pre-match entertainment and the national anthem...

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
stevie
Saintsational Legend

Dave McNamara wrote:
Munga wrote:
Plus 1.

Except... Stevie, someone will have to eventually break this to you, so...

John Lennon and Paul McCartney performed the pre-match entertainment and the national anthem...
Thta must've been something special, Dave. Was John injected in the Cheats dressing room to resurrect him?

:D :roll: :x :lol:

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:My nephew was there with a BROKEN LEG in plaster ( from a soccer match last Sunday) sitting in the disabled seats on level 3 with his dad next to him.

3 votes, lad!

This is a huge win.
Interesting to note, the "experts" on League Teams have had 20 opportunities to tip us to win (5 rounds x 4 so called experts) and not once have they done so. I wouldn't be surprised if all four tip Brisbane this week.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!