Kudos for Adam Basil

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Kudos for Adam Basil

One of the unsung heroes of our revival this year has to be Adam Basil. A bit of a speculative appointment, at least for those of us outside the club, he has the players looking stronger, and has them finishing games in a much better fashion than last year. He doesn't have the professional qualifications of a Bill Davoren, but he does have that most crucial of attributes. Experience. I'm getting a bit "Big Kev" about our entire setup. Maybe the building blocks are in place. Matt Finnis, Adam Basil, the pelican and recruiting team. The omens are all there.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Kudos for Adam Basil

Totally agree.

Saint wagga
Club Player

I've been pleasantly surprised at the conditioning of the whole squad to date! And credit where credit is due. Was a little worried about Basil's philosophy towards balancing power and endurance coming from a pure sprint background, but the team looks to be running out games as well as any and our players do look strong in the clinches and in the tackle. He would have trained with and around elite setups during his at his aths career and hopefully he can keep doing a good job over a couple of seasons because continuity of personnel and training program's can only help!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Didn't Watters recruit this guy over the telephone?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Didn't Watters recruit this guy over the telephone?
Not sure, St. Pav, but if he did, it's one of the few good things he did while he was in charge.

citywest

The thing that has amazed me about the Saints so far is their running power. With the exception of the Crows game, the running power of the whole team has been awesome......almost Port Adelaide like. Their ability to run forward (offensively), and back (defensively), has been a revelation so far.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Hey WW are we now officially revived? Not trying to be a kill joy after a great win just hope we don't lose sight of where we are in our development. Time will tell how significant the virus was a factor for the Essendon players. Having said that I hope Basil earns a reputation at the club because as we know it is the sum of all parts that matters.

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:One of the unsung heroes of our revival this year has to be Adam Basil. A bit of a speculative appointment, at least for those of us outside the club, he has the players looking stronger, and has them finishing games in a much better fashion than last year. He doesn't have the professional qualifications of a Bill Davoren, but he does have that most crucial of attributes. Experience. I'm getting a bit "Big Kev" about our entire setup. Maybe the building blocks are in place. Matt Finnis, Adam Basil, the pelican and recruiting team. The omens are all there.
I agree, but,

If our set up starts looking too good then that rabble from Visy Park might try to poach part of our recruiting team to keep their benefactor Mathieson onside.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Hey WW are we now officially revived? Not trying to be a kill joy after a great win just hope we don't lose sight of where we are in our development. Time will tell how significant the virus was a factor for the Essendon players. Having said that I hope Basil earns a reputation at the club because as we know it is the sum of all parts that matters.
Fair call Cairnsman, I know it's early, but I get the feeling we are well advanced on last year. I posted last year in june that the team was NQR. I didn't know exactly what was wrong, but clearly there was something wrong. There is a long way to go, but maybe we have some decent foundations to build on.

Richter
SS Life Member

White Winmar wrote:
SaintPav wrote:Didn't Watters recruit this guy over the telephone?
Not sure, St. Pav, but if he did, it's one of the few good things he did while he was in charge.
No, that was Ashley Prescott...
"The club can confirm it has parted ways with senior coach Scott Watters," the Saints said via Twitter on Friday morning.

Summers said he had not been aware until ‘‘well after’’ the 8am board meeting had finished that Watters had gone on radio in an attempt to publicly shore up his position.

The move comes a day after former North Melbourne senior coach Dean Laidley left the club to re-join Michael Malthouse, and a new high performance manager and senior assistant coach Ashley Prescott were hired by the Saints.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... z2zWAsKOZS
Prescott's appointment was not followed through with though... he ended up at the Suns...
THE APPOINTMENT of former Richmond and Fremantle player Ashley Prescott as development coach has finalised Gold Coast's coaching structure for 2014.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-01-18/p ... joins-suns

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

A bit of trivia. Adams mother Toni had a huge hit with a song named "Micky" in 1982. 8-)

Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

8856brother wrote:A bit of trivia. Adams mother Toni had a huge hit with a song named "Micky" in 1982. 8-)
Hard to believe she's now seventy(!) And quite a CV. Way, way more than that one-hit-wonder song.
https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/stop-the- ... 12161.html

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
stinger
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Totally agree.
... :wink: ...looking good...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.