changes for next week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: changes for next week

terry smith rules wrote:ready to be howled down but

in

Maister

At least he competes, he knows how to position himself and can gets his hand on the ball
Why? We know what he brings to the team. He has had his goes at it. Someone else for mine.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
noob
Club Player

What about one of the ruckman? Pierce/Holmes? Can't be any worse than what has been dished up.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

If Lee doesn't kick half a dozen at Sandy in the next few weeks then he's caput.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

savage and curren are definites...and probably stanley for lee......can't see saunders and jones staying in either....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Changes?
Didn't watch today, no foxtel and had family lunch.

Next week, game is on FTA so I can watch.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:Changes?

I watched but sadly it was 2.5 hrs of my life I'll never get back.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Milne
Club Player

In: Hickey?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:savage and curren are definites...and probably stanley for lee......can't see saunders and jones staying in either....
What was wrong with Milera?

According to the saints.com.au

"In addition to this, Tom Lee, who had spent time in the ruck as well as up forward, was subbed prior to half-time, allowing Clint Jones to impact the game as an extra midfielder."

'impact the game' is a very generous description....

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Time for a few senior players who are just plodding along to get a wake up call.

Out : Montagna, Dempster, Lee, Saunders, Jones, Longer (inj)

In : Stanley, Siposs, Gwilt, Savage, Milera, Curren

If Milera is still injured, then Markworth should get a crack.

Players like Dempster and Montagna are twice as talented and valuable as guys like Weller and Simpkin, but they look like they're playing with half the desire.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Lee stays for me and is played in the position he was recruited to play. Ridiculous that he was made to ruck and at the same time impress.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Out Lee, Longer, Saunders, Dempster, Jones
In: Pierce, Stanley, Savage, Gwilt, Curran

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Ok, here goes. I was lying awake last night an came up with this gem.....

Out: Riewoldt

Now, for those who are still with me, let me explain....

Firstly it gives Nick a week to rest. Not that he particularly needs it, but "managing" older players is perfectly legitimate at this time of year.

Secondly, get Lee, Stanley and Siposs inside 50 and let them present as proper forwards, without the overbearing presence of Nick leaving them in the shadows. We need to find out if these guys are the answer for the future, which is really difficult to get a read on when you have a legend like Roo being the focal point. It will also require the midfielders to step up, because they will need to be smarter going inside 50, rather than the tunnel vision they seem to have right now.

It wasnt a coincedence that Lenny, Goddard and Montagna were All-Australians the year after Harvs retired. They previously had that strong foundation to lean on, and without that crutch, they stood up. We need to know if our young forwards can do the same.

Andreous
Club Player

St Chris wrote:Ok, here goes. I was lying awake last night an came up with this gem.....

Firstly it gives Nick a week to rest. Not that he particularly needs it, but "managing" older players is perfectly legitimate at this time of year.

Secondly, get Lee, Stanley and Siposs inside 50 and let them present as proper forwards, without the overbearing presence of Nick leaving them in the shadows. We need to find out if these guys are the answer for the future, which is really difficult to get a read on when you have a legend like Roo being the focal point. It will also require the midfielders to step up, because they will need to be smarter going inside 50, rather than the tunnel vision they seem to have right now.

It wasnt a coincedence that Lenny, Goddard and Montagna were All-Australians the year after Harvs retired. They previously had that strong foundation to lean on, and without that crutch, they stood up. We need to know if our young forwards can do the same.

I like your left field thinking. The opposition will have to spend more than 2 minutes thinking about the Saints forward line also. If you recall the saints made a grand final after Locket left as well.

terry smith rules
SS Life Member

CURLY wrote:Lee stays for me and is played in the position he was recruited to play. Ridiculous that he was made to ruck and at the same time impress.
Two weeks ago when many were calling for Stanley to be out and be replaced by Lee, others said that is ridiculous to expect him at 194cm go in as a back up ruck and Saturday saw all those chickens come home to roost. He is a forward and should be played as such.

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

CURLY wrote:Lee stays for me and is played in the position he was recruited to play. Ridiculous that he was made to ruck and at the same time impress.
Two weeks ago when many were calling for Stanley to be out and be replaced by Lee, others said that is ridiculous to expect him at 194cm go in as a back up ruck and Saturday saw all those chickens come home to roost. He is a forward and should be played as such.

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:Changes?

I'm sure your lunch would have been a lot nicer than watching the footy. I reckon having an in depth conversation with your mother in law would be far more appealing than watching the Saints play.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Like the coach said his negatives outweighed his positives.
With a comment like that unless he has a contract for next year then he has 6 or so weeks to save his career.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
With a comment like that unless he has a contract for next year then he has 6 or so weeks to save his career.

What the hell does that even mean? I mean they pick a undersized key forward who then has no Inside 50's to work with then use him in the ruck against one of the leagues biggest ruckman. If the AFL had Fair Work officers theyed be knocking on Richardsons door asking what the hell he is doing to Lee.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:Our transitional play from defence to offence is our major weakness and the source of many of our problems. If we could get Fisher, Wright, Gilbert and Roberton back into the line up, we'd look a lot better.

I wish Savage offered us something. We are ravaged with injury and here is a player who is supposedly decent who cannot get a game.
We struggled last year to get it out of the back half after losing both BJ and Gram.

This year we lost Dal plus those players you mentioned.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:

What the hell does that even mean? I mean they pick a undersized key forward who then has no Inside 50's to work with then use him in the ruck against one of the leagues biggest ruckman. If the AFL had Fair Work officers theyed be knocking on Richardsons door asking what the hell he is doing to Lee.
It means he doesn't have much ticker

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

When is Hickey back?

Rather play two ruckman and have rest one forward above anyone who is a forward but doesn't care much.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Andreous wrote:
St Chris wrote:Ok, here goes. I was lying awake last night an came up with this gem.....

I like your left field thinking. The opposition will have to spend more than 2 minutes thinking about the Saints forward line also. If you recall the saints made a grand final after Locket left as well.

Do you think the Swans should drop Buddy so that the opposition think about the forward line a bit more. If Rooy was dropped or rested then the whole match committee should be sacked. Luckily neither will happen. Also Joey and dempster arent going to be dropped either to those who for some reason think they should.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Move Nick elsewhere on the field, not off it completely

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Move Nick elsewhere on the field, not off it completely

Why? Because he is the only one who looks like kicking goals? If Nick played elsewhere for the whole season i reckon we have won no games at all.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:Move Nick elsewhere on the field, not off it completely

Why? Because he is the only one who looks like kicking goals? If Nick played elsewhere for the whole season i reckon we have won no games at all.
Oh well, we're bottom anyway so that thought isn't as scary as you'd have it sound.

Silly not to prepare for life after him.