Positives

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Positives

Negatives, we have to play Sydney in Sydney yet!!!!!
Positives, we don't play Geelong, Port or Hawthorn until next year so we have a reprieve.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

I don't mind being positive but trying to give credit to a team so low and embarrasing that 100+ point losses are becoming normal I'm sorry talking about positives frustrates me more than watching us play.

The only positive I can see out of this is cementing our position for the best draft picks but knowing us we will probably give those up to some club like Collingwood for a few of their second rate rejects anyway.

I feel like were back in the #*@k#n early 80s again.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

I don't mind being positive but trying to give credit to a team so low and embarrasing that 100+ point losses are becoming normal I'm sorry talking about positives frustrates me more than watching us play.

The only positive I can see out of this is cementing our position for the best draft picks but knowing us we will probably give those up to some club like Collingwood for a few of their second rate rejects anyway.

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

spert wrote:Sorry no positives today- when a team is getting regularly flogged, it serves no purpose..young players will only get used to being losers, and some of our older guys just put up the white flag too early. AR needs to do some soul-searching about how he motivates a team and how he sets up defensive structures, as right now he seems out of his depth as a senior coach. I fully understand the problem with inexperienced young players, but it is vital to make a good contest both in an individual sense and as a team, even in a loss to a top team,,but again the team and too many individuals folded today.
+1

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

spert wrote:Sorry no positives today- when a team is getting regularly flogged, it serves no purpose..young players will only get used to being losers, and some of our older guys just put up the white flag too early. AR needs to do some soul-searching about how he motivates a team and how he sets up defensive structures, as right now he seems out of his depth as a senior coach. I fully understand the problem with inexperienced young players, but it is vital to make a good contest both in an individual sense and as a team, even in a loss to a top team,,but again the team and too many individuals folded today.
+1

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

+1

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Finding it hard to dust off the rose coloured glasses recently...

Winmar7Fan
Club Player

FQF
SS Life Member

Winmar7Fan wrote:I don't mind being positive but trying to give credit to a team so low and embarrasing that 100+ point losses are becoming normal I'm sorry talking about positives frustrates me more than watching us play.

Yep, we got it the first, second, third and fourth time mate.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Some more reasoning

Used pick 12 (recieved 24) to secure Hickey.... Hope he'd be good (unproven)
Lee as above... Not sure he is up to it
Ross pick 25. ..... 3 years in... 10 games, until Sat roundly critisised
Billings... Looks talented... Wanna be good as pure mid Aish looks a polished mid
Dunstan.... Blue Chip pick 18
Acres ..... Pick 19.... You'd hope for a player ... He looks likely

All those players still have plenty of questions to answer IMO

I think since Pelchin arrived ..... We have transitioned from a competitive outfit with league respect to a joke
Lyon, Goddard, Dal, Dawson, McEvoy.... Have gone. Because they weren't kept.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

no positives except being 1 week closer to the top picks. We are in for the long haul....take up knitting or croquet because the next 2 seasons will be unbearable.