Fisher injured again?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Fisher injured again?

Mentioned on the Zebs' twitter account. Fisher and Markworth both injured. Is it the end for Chips? Does anyone have any information or an update?

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Fisher injured again?

On twitter it said

Sam Fisher went off with back spasms but should right to play next week #PJVFL

Daniel Markworth just done a hamstring #PJVFL

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Markworth is done I reckon. Caro's big white hope for us won't play an AFL game.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote:On twitter it said

Sam Fisher went off with back spasms but should right to play next week #PJVFL

Daniel Markworth just done a hamstring #PJVFL
Correct Fisher went off at half time with back spasms and didn't return. Apparently left straight away, just hopped in his car and disappeared...... Coaches think he should be right for next week.

Markworth was easily best on ground until he did his hammy in the 3rd. Poor bloke can't take a trick. The way he grabbed his leg and way he was moving after game I think it's going be 2-4 week injury.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

saintspremiers wrote:Markworth is done I reckon. Caro's big white hope for us won't play an AFL game.
So with 9 games remaining this season & coming off a reco, you're prepared to write Markworth off?

Was that just an anti Caro dig or just a wild swing in the dark?

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Markworth is done I reckon. Caro's big white hope for us won't play an AFL game.
So with 9 games remaining this season & coming off a reco, you're prepared to write Markworth off?

Unfortunately some people are just injury prone. Will he make it? Who knows. If he could string a few good performances, or even games, together he will give himself a chance. Pick 35 in a compromised draft, probably without a senior game after 3 years on the list. His fortunes will need to change.

Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
Animal Enclosure wrote:

Unfortunately some people are just injury prone. Will he make it? Who knows. If he could string a few good performances, or even games, together he will give himself a chance. Pick 35 in a compromised draft, probably without a senior game after 3 years on the list. His fortunes will need to change.
I think he's played every game at Sandy so far this year… after missing an entire season with a knee reco, so I imagine they'll persevere with him, plenty of other players to cut before him IMO.
You never know though.