Team

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Team

And Jones survives again...

This is actually getting ridiculously funny

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:And Jones survives again...

Well in defence of the coach we dont want to get to young. Should only play the guys that deserve a game and after last week CJ deserves to play.

noob
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

Well in defence of the coach we dont want to get to young. Should only play the guys that deserve a game and after last week CJ deserves to play.
If that's the case you might be a sneaky chance to play :wink: :)

spert
Saintsational Legend

Ray is off the boil so not surprised..Murdoch should be playing unless injured, and Stanley must only be coming in for ruckwork as he is a witches hat otherwise. Lenny may be late withdrawal yet. I would like to hear some of AR's reasoning for playing some and not other players...

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Jones kicked two goals last week and I think he only cost us one so we are in front on that front.

Who are the emergencies in case Lenny doesn't play? Surely Schneider would be one of them?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Ray is off the boil so not surprised..Murdoch should be playing unless injured, and Stanley must only be coming in for ruckwork as he is a witches hat otherwise. Lenny may be late withdrawal yet. I would like to hear some of AR's reasoning for playing some and not other players...

Well Murdoch and lee dont deserve a game IMO. I will never buy this crap of players getting gifted a certain amount of games in a row. Spert if we had RL or Clarkson coaching how many games would we have won this year. Im going 4. probably would have got over the top of Brisbane.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Jacks back wrote: Jones kicked two goals last week and I think he only cost us one so we are in front on that front.
and the prejudice continues
prove to us all where he cost us a goal

Seeya
Rosco
Club Player

Miskick to newnes when we were away, turnover lead straight to a goal

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
Jacks back wrote: Jones kicked two goals last week and I think he only cost us one so we are in front on that front.
and the prejudice continues
prove to us all where he cost us a goal
I can't remember the quarter or time but I remember he missed a very, very, easy target and the turnover cost us a goal (I don't understand what you are saying - you don't think he is normally a butcher by hand and by foot?). But like I said, he did kick two so we are in front on that score.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Playing Gwilt ahead of Bruce seems like a big waste of time.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Lyon Tamer wrote:Really disappointed for Murdoch, not really given an opportunity to prove himself.

Why not play him? He looks pretty solid and is the exact type of player that we need to get games into.
Murdoch hasn't looked anything like it so far. His game against the Cats was appalling, and his limited time last week was mistake riddled. Needs to develop the confidence to play at this level. Doesn't have to do a lot, but has to look more assured.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

sainter27 wrote:In: Dunstan, Monty, Stanley
Out: Ray, Lee, Murdoch
Caveat... the following comments assume that any players mentioned a fit.

- Really tough on Murdoch. I don't really see the point in giving a bloke less than a quarter of footy.

- I remain a fan, but Lee's dropping does not bode well for him. I still think that he should be doing a preseason now (with Spenc-arrrh) and not playing any footy. His body and aerobic base don't appear ready to me.

- Dunnell's non-selection does not bode well for him.

- And no Sippa? Another does not bode well for him...

- Schneid's non-selection after a great return game with Sandy is strange, and also gets me wondering that this does not bode well for him(?)

- I don't know why he's not in for Tezza(?) I can only guess that we're having a decent look at him before making a decision at year's end... no need Richo... the decision is that he'll always be too slight... get him back to a Sth Oz team.

- Rhys is only in for team balance... replace Lee with someone who can help out Longer in the ruck for... wait for it... longer. :oops: I reckon though that Lee's tackling is greater that Rhys'. Come on Rhys, time to start to do something! Just get to as many contests as you can... regardless of the outcome.

- Where's Bruce? What's he done wrong? Last week against the e-girls tall forwards and resting ruckmen, at various times we had Gwilt, Dempster, Webster and even the Panther (at only 188cm) trying to compete(!) Fortunately, this week they only have that dud Vickery, but what about the following weeks...?

- Great to see though that Minch is still in, and also that the Panther continues to get a run. Unlike some, I reckon that he defends very well one-on-one (except if the one is a 200+cm mobile ruckman!), as well as taking the game on... and I'm always very comfortable when the ball is in his hands.

- Also great to see that Tom Hickey (everybody's favourite gumby :wink: ) is not being rushed back.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

ST KILDA

B Cameron Shenton, Luke Delaney, Sean Dempster
HB Jimmy Webster, James Gwilt, Maverick Weller
C Leigh Montagna, David Armitage, Jack Newnes
HF Terry Milera, Nick Riewoldt, Lenny Hayes
F Jack Billings, Tom Simpkin, Darren Minchington
FOL Billy Longer, Luke Dunstan, Sebastian Ross
I/C Jack Steven, Clinton Jones, Shane Savage, Rhys Stanley
EMG Farren Ray, Brodie Murdoch, Sam Dunell
IN
Leigh Montagna, Luke Dunstan, Rhys Stanley
OUT
Brodie Murdoch (Omitted), Tom Lee (Omitted), Farren Ray (Omitted)
MILESTONES: Rhys Stanley - Playing 50th game
RICHMOND

B Troy Chaplin, Dylan Grimes, Alex Rance
HB Bachar Houli, Matt Dea, Steven Morris
C Dustin Martin, Shane Edwards, Ricky Petterd
HF Chris Newman, Ty Vickery, Brett Deledio
F Reece Conca, Jack Riewoldt, Anthony Miles
FOL Ivan Maric, Brandon Ellis, Trent Cotchin
I/C Nick Vlastuin, Jake Batchelor, Nathan Foley, Matt Thomas
EMG Sam Lloyd, Matthew Arnot, Brett O'Hanlon
IN
Chris Newman, Ty Vickery
OUT
Shaun Hampson (Omitted), Aaron Edwards (Groin)
MILESTONES: Dustin Martin - Playing 100th game

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Lyon Tamer wrote:Really disappointed for Murdoch, not really given an opportunity to prove himself.

Why not play him? He looks pretty solid and is the exact type of player that we need to get games into.
Because Jones has "EXPERIENCE". And that is soooo great

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:

I think that is having a go at me which i dont understand. The reason I dont understand is because i dont pick the side. You asked why he was in and I guessed an answer. By the way you didnt rate RL as coach and I guess SW. Now it seems its AR. When was our last good coach in your opinion?

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
skeptic wrote:

I think that is having a go at me which i dont understand. The reason I dont understand is because i dont pick the side. You asked why he was in and I guessed an answer. By the way you didnt rate RL as coach and I guess SW. Now it seems its AR. When was our last good coach in your opinion?
Graeme Gellie was our last great coach.

Anyone knows that.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintbob
SS Life Member

No Schnieder, Bruce, or Hickey

Jones and Gwilt continue to get GIFTED games, why the hell aren't we playing kids like Murdoch, Wright, Saunders, Curren, Dunell, Roberton and Siposs????

I'm seriously confused by the selection policy at the moment, we've got to make some big decisions about the careers of some of if not most of the blokes I've mentioned so why the hell aren't they playing!!!

Jones and Gwilt should not be playing!!!

james rose
Club Player

saintbob wrote:No Schnieder, Bruce, or Hickey

Jones and Gwilt continue to get GIFTED games, why the hell aren't we playing kids like Murdoch, Wright, Saunders, Curren, Dunell, Roberton and Siposs????

I'm seriously confused by the selection policy at the moment, we've got to make some big decisions about the careers of some of if not most of the blokes I've mentioned so why the hell aren't they playing!!!

Jones and Gwilt should not be playing!!!
Agree re Gwilt- was worst on ground last week for mine.

Jones on the other hand I was disappointed to see play last week but he was one of our better players and you have to reward that with another crack. I'm sure he knows he has to deliver every week.

FQF
SS Life Member

I think an explanation for why Gwilt is being preferred ahead of Bruce is necessary. Because, from an outsider's perspective, it is truly baffling.

Would have liked to see Lee or Siposs in the team, but seeing as they are not, we really need to get more offensive output from Simpkin as a tall forward.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Listening to AR speak, I would think he is pretty strong on the work-ethic of a player, and that's why Jones keeps getting a game regardless. It was pretty clear that Stanley and Siposs just didn't work hard enough when the ball was in their zone a couple of weeks back and as a result got dropped to the VFL. Stanley is back in because Lee is not a ruckman, and Longer can't be run into the ground like he was last week. I presume Murdoch didn't carry out what the coach wanted, so out he went. Not sure what the go is with Bruce.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Good to see Stanley get another run - his 50th. I feel that he is on the improve!

Great to see Minchi get another run - he played well last week until he ran out of puff.

Simpkin had a leg injury last week (ankle?) and is lucky to be in ahead of Siposs.

Gwilt keeps getting impossible tasks, but I thought that Bruce was worth a run.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Schneider and Ray out to me show's that we aren't tanking,but we are trying not our best to win...

Bring back the Lockett era
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Schneider and Ray out to me show's that we aren't tanking,but we are trying not our best to win...

Didnt they both play a few weeks ago and we lost by nearly 100 points?

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Wasn't against a poor side though..

Similar to last week in a 15-20% chance win game,Joey comes out,and when your list is as shallow as ours that dropped it back to about a 8% chance

Subtle tanking going on.... of course we are already really poor,but just trying to stack the odds a little more in gaining a top 2 picks favour

Bring back the Lockett era
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

jonesy wrote:Wasn't against a poor side though..

Similar to last week in a 15-20% chance win game,Joey comes out,and when your list is as shallow as ours that dropped it back to about a 8% chance

Subtle tanking going on.... of course we are already really poor,but just trying to stack the odds a little more in gaining a top 2 picks favour

Joey was sick. Its funny but others want even more players dropped so you cant win. Some would think they are tanking if Ray and Schneider play. Dont worry we arent taking because we wouldnt beat the Tigers what ever side we have in.