Saints: Lock Up Your Young Stars

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Re: Saints: Lock Up Your Young Stars

Sobraz wrote:Anyone watched Cameron closely this year? Been average at best and is not the sort of key/power forward I'd have at the top of our shopping list.
He is a much better player than his output this year. He is either unhappy with GWS or playing with injury!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
andrewg
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
andrewg wrote:2015
Jeremy Cameron
6yr deal 1mil a year

This reeks of a big play for Jeremy Cameron, we desperately need a marquee player and he would be it.
Or
Shiel
Treloar
Reid (Sydney)

Gold Coast??

Treloar wants out. Didnt you say that? Reckon we may get one good young player for 2016 but we would have to massive odds to get one for next year considering we will be worse next season.
Treloar wants out 100% and yes st ick, he will blindside his club in 2015..we just need to convince him the saints is a good home for him.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:Patton is an interesting choice, because his family, including himself were massive St.Kilda fans, probably still are, they cheer on Patton, not the Giants.
Personally, a big power forward is more appealing to me.
Interesting.
Patton is the one I like.
Is he out of contract this year?
Give him a 7 year deal.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Patton's fam are Saints supporters however despite having a Nick Riewoldt poster on his wall growing up The General was a Dees supporter. Read that off his twitter feed sometime ago.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

andrewg wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
andrewg wrote:2015
Jeremy Cameron
6yr deal 1mil a year

This reeks of a big play for Jeremy Cameron, we desperately need a marquee player and he would be it.
Or
Shiel
Treloar
Reid (Sydney)

Gold Coast??

Treloar wants out. Didnt you say that? Reckon we may get one good young player for 2016 but we would have to massive odds to get one for next year considering we will be worse next season.
Treloar wants out 100% and yes st ick, he will blindside his club in 2015..we just need to convince him the saints is a good home for him.
Andrew I've asked you this a few times now without a response. Are you sure it's not Shiel that wants out and not Treloar?

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Well I'd be ecstatic to be proven wrong about Treloar at the end of the year then if that were the case as the kid is a talent.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

1. We are not paying as much as hawthorn they are at 100% we are at 95 odd
2. Knowingly paying too much for something is not strategy it is foolish. What businesses out there knowing pay too much for assets?
3. If we do pay overs we lose in the long run because our list is trapped with players who are over paid eg Carlton, Richmond etc
Vs teams with players making sacrifices for the greater good - Geelong, hawthorn etc.

#1 Ryder fan
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Plugger why was Pelchen sacked according to your sources? Dermie also has publically said he was sacked.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Patton's fam are Saints supporters however despite having a Nick Riewoldt poster on his wall growing up The General was a Dees supporter. Read that off his twitter feed sometime ago.
I know his sister and she said he's happy and settled. Was a saints fan but pretty early got used to the idea of club supporting not very much point seeing he was always likely to be drafted was not very strongly supporting anyone. Got a taller brother that plays basketball too. Then every player is happy and settled right up until they sign. Goddard told me he was going to sign.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Patton's fam are Saints supporters however despite having a Nick Riewoldt poster on his wall growing up The General was a Dees supporter. Read that off his twitter feed sometime ago.
Obviously mental issues. Steer clear :shock:

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Treloar would be worth trading pick 1 for, kid is going to be a star. Doesn't get the recognition he should down here in victoria

Sainter for life.
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

SaintSimmo wrote:Treloar would be worth trading pick 1 for, kid is going to be a star. Doesn't get the recognition he should down here in victoria
Cameron, Boyd, Patton, Treloar and Shiel would all go pick one if they were drafted this year.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Andreous
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:Anyone watched Cameron closely this year? Been average at best and is not the sort of key/power forward I'd have at the top of our shopping list.
I watched GWS on the weekend and Cameron was average. Patton was the one who really stood up in the forward line. Jacksh looked really good in the back line as well.

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

maverick wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:Patton is an interesting choice, because his family, including himself were massive St.Kilda fans, probably still are, they cheer on Patton, not the Giants.
Personally, a big power forward is more appealing to me.
Interesting.
Patton is the one I like.
Is he out of contract this year?
Give him a 7 year deal.
Patton may be the one to aim at as he has had knee problems and is no certainlty to be long term. So with the risk, the price is cheaper than say Cameron or Boyd.

Give him a three year deal to start with, but I have been on the Patton bandwagon for quite some time

You are garbage - Enough said