Commentators

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Goose is king
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Commentators

Derm even mentioned at one of the breaks (half time I think) that we had been extremely well coached

mullet
Saintsational Legend

saint6709 wrote:They ( most especially Dermie) made a big deal of Billy Longer showing Clarke the scoreboard which was pretty funny
Eddie called for the disco to fire up, even funnier

markp
Saintsational Legend

I thought ed and derm were condescending and disrespectful pr**ks throughout.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:I thought ed and derm were condescending and disrespectful pr**ks throughout.
Derm has total contempt for Saints.

Always has, and most likely always will.

I have heard way too many condescending, and snide comments from him over the years about the Saints to have formed any view but this about him.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stevie
Saintsational Legend

mullet wrote:
stevie wrote:I watched on my IPad having a free trial of afl live pass. Normally I would have the sound down on the telly but I kept it up for our game.

The commentators were great! It was like they were on our cause once we had a flying start. Dermie mentioned Rhys early saying he's 23 and may be a late bloomer. Even roo seemed happy for us lol. It was a joy to listen too.

Naturally I had the volume off for the Giants/cats game. Watched half of it then went to bed giddy with Saints joy.

I wrote on Facebook after our win that the kids were wondering why I was having a little cry. Lenny, Roo's sister, winless 3 months, the still pain of the losing GFs. All a factor
Recuitto (roo) sorry about spelling but not to confuse with our Roo, grew up barracking for the saints. Loved Tony Lockett.
Really? Didn't know that bro. Have always had a bit of time for him. Great player. Sort of in the Browny/Lenny style of footballers I guess. Tough but fair and a pretty good bloke.

St.Roly
Club Player

markp wrote:I thought ed and derm were condescending and disrespectful pr**ks throughout.
Just watched the replay and I endorse this comment - particularly in relation to Eddie.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Dermie doesn't hate us IMO
No, he hates us like there's no tomorrow. I once attended a footy clinic in 1987 and he was one of the VFL players to help out. I was 11 years old and wore my Saints jumper. He ridiculed me about it in front of the rest of the kids, making snide remarks about our club. Let's not forget what he also said to Nicky Winmar in 1990 and that match in 1988. Dermie is a Sainter hater from way back.

Anyway, I don't want particularly want him on our side.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Sandy Roberts barracks for St Kilda. Brereton may have been a bit generous with us last night, but don't get excited, he hates us.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
terry smith rules
SS Life Member

absolute rubbish

they were into the saints and when it was raining goals in the third quarter they were almost barracking for the next goal

they talked positiviely about many players , and Derm a couple of times mentioned that he had "cooked" the saints during the year but was happy to see the better performance

suggest you have an operation to remove the chip

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i must say and m not just saying this cause we won but Sandy to me has the best voice for calling footy .. his comentary is never over the top he sticks to just calling it as it is not talking for the sake of talking (the exact oppersite to BT) .. to me he is the voice of footy from when i was growing up ... rate him as the best (even though i think age is catching him cause he does get somee names all messed up )

Eddie i reckon was loving Freo getting a good whack same with Derm ... Mark Riccuto was ok i spose but he does struggle to be honest

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

terry smith rules wrote:
absolute rubbish

they were into the saints and when it was raining goals in the third quarter they were almost barracking for the next goal

they talked positiviely about many players , and Derm a couple of times mentioned that he had "cooked" the saints during the year but was happy to see the better performance

Agreed, Dermie does not rate us, never has, but was fair on Saturday night. On the after show on Sunday night with Eddie he said that had been hard on the Saints this year because they had played listless football,but the game on Saturday was one about endeavour, desire and effort.

I am sick at home today and watch the first three quarters. Anyone who thinks MCGuire and Brereton were against us indeed has a chip on their shoulder.

Both were genuine in their praise of the Saints. One passage in the third quarter summarised this when Dermott was fullsome in praise of a Curran smother, speaking about there can be all the theory and training and skill,but nothing beat desire.

Some people are truly hard to please. ALl commentators were in shock and pleasant suprise at the upset of the season and were happy for the young kids of the Saints

You are garbage - Enough said
markp
Saintsational Legend

I was referring to the club, not the players... obviously.

I thought they were treating us like we were the proverbial dogs arse that the sun happened to be shinning on that day.

If anyone thinks otherwise or believes that either of them respects our club in the least then good luck to them.

My (now reinforced) view is that two bigger pr**ks in football you will struggle to find.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Media love a good story and that's all this is for them.

Reminds me of when Richmond had their first win in 2010.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

it did remind me of the days when we would play out of our skins to beat a Carlton team where the fans of the rest of the comp would sorta cheer us on for being the underdog comming good ... provided we didnt come too good

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Derm has total contempt for Saints.

Always has, and most likely always will.

I have heard way too many condescending, and snide comments from him over the years about the Saints to have formed any view but this about him.

yep.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

terry smith rules wrote:
absolute rubbish

don't know about that...have a look at the replay....one of the only times i have agreed with markp actually

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.