LTI Geary replaces Minchington

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

LTI Geary replaces Minchington

@AFL_PKeane: St Kilda has re-instated Jarryn Geary to the primary list from the long-term injury list, and returned Darren Minchington to the rookie list

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
SaintSimmo
Club Player

Re: LTI Geary replaces Minchington

Looks like that is the end for Minch

Sainter for life.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

SaintSimmo wrote:Looks like that is the end for Minch
He had one moment of champagne football but apart from that hasn't lived up to his name.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He may get another chance...

Welcome back JJ :)

Playon
Club Player

Ah thats a shame he's a beautiful kick, I bet Roo was glad he was playing that day. Hopefully it's not the end for him.

Roo's thoughts for the day.. Hmm something is wrong the ball is being delivered on my chest, how am I supposed to get used to this?

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

Re. Minchington, is it a matter of a player not doing enough when playing AFL or not doing enough to get into the AFL side via the VFL?

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

I reckon Minchington could be a really good small forward who could go on the ball. I really hope we don't get rid of him. He's got skill and nous, something that is sadly lacking from a number of our players.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:I reckon Minchington could be a really good small forward who could go on the ball. I really hope we don't get rid of him. He's got skill and nous, something that is sadly lacking from a number of our players.

Then why has he hardly played? He isnt fit enough and doesnt get enough of the ball and like avout 14 others isnt really an AFL footballer of any real note. It sounds harsh but we are no good for a reason and thats because we have many ordinary players.

lewdogs
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:I reckon Minchington could be a really good small forward who could go on the ball. I really hope we don't get rid of him. He's got skill and nous, something that is sadly lacking from a number of our players.

Then why has he hardly played? He isnt fit enough and doesnt get enough of the ball and like avout 14 others isnt really an AFL footballer of any real note. It sounds harsh but we are no good for a reason and thats because we have many ordinary players.
Agreed. Delisting day is going to be very interesting this year.

spert
Saintsational Legend

not sure if I see any real bright lights coming through from the VFL Saints. Dunnell is probably playing the consistently best footy of all the Saints at Sandy and can't get a regular gig in the Saint seniors, and Huddo didn't really think Wright had a stellar game last week at the VFL, so I'm not sure how AR and co are planning their selections.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Dead wood
Delist.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Dead wood
Delist.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Do you think Minch will get picked up by any other AFL club should he be delisted?

“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Do you think Minch will get picked up by any other AFL club should he be delisted?
no...why would anyone pick up the off cuts from the wooden spooners....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No because he isnt good enough. I cant see any of our delisted players getting picked up even if it was a Shenton for example.

Saints94
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No because he isnt good enough. I cant see any of our delisted players getting picked up even if it was a Shenton for example.
+1 Clearly we don't have the cattle at this stage, hopefully for our sake we can have a similar transformation from the early 00's to see how quick things can change :)

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

A bit like Ledger last season.

We overrate a little but the market decides when they are delisted.

You are garbage - Enough said
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:not sure if I see any real bright lights coming through from the VFL Saints. Dunnell is probably playing the consistently best footy of all the Saints at Sandy and can't get a regular gig in the Saint seniors, and Huddo didn't really think Wright had a stellar game last week at the VFL, so I'm not sure how AR and co are planning their selections.
Why would they pick Dunell if they're convinced he's not good enough at AFL level?

On the other hand, they think Wright has what it takes so they'll pick him if he's fit.

I wouldn't have thought it was that hard to understand.

lewdogs
Club Player

stinger wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I think this is a great way of putting it stinger. We're the bottom side. If players aren't good enough to break into our team then quite frankly they're not up to the standard and we need to delist them.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

if players like Minch can't break in and hold their spot in the seniors, after a certain amount of time (say three years) then what's the point.
even at VFL I thought he was a little unnoticeable.
we need quality.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
spert
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
spert wrote:not sure if I see any real bright lights coming through from the VFL Saints. Dunnell is probably playing the consistently best footy of all the Saints at Sandy and can't get a regular gig in the Saint seniors, and Huddo didn't really think Wright had a stellar game last week at the VFL, so I'm not sure how AR and co are planning their selections.
Why would they pick Dunell if they're convinced he's not good enough at AFL level?

On the other hand, they think Wright has what it takes so they'll pick him if he's fit.

I think they are desperate more than anything- that's easy to understand

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
bergholt wrote:

I think they are desperate more than anything- that's easy to understand

I think desparate would be picking a guy who is just about certain to be delisted because it shows there are no other options. The Wright selection makes more sense than Dunell to me anyway.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

lewdogs wrote:
stinger wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I think this is a great way of putting it stinger. We're the bottom side. If players aren't good enough to break into our team then quite frankly they're not up to the standard and we need to delist them.
Cripps? Hutchins? Lynch? Ball? Hello.

Minch best for Sandy today. It would be a shame if he was delisted.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:
lewdogs wrote:
stinger wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Cripps? Hutchins? Lynch? Ball? Hello.

Minch best for Sandy today. It would be a shame if he was delisted.

I dont get those names. We werent a bottom side when all of them left.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote:Minch best for Sandy today. It would be a shame if he was delisted.
I wouldn't worry too much about Sandy, when he gets delisted they can sign him straight up for next year.