We are crazy if we don't sign Chips for 2015

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Re: We are crazy if we don't sign Chips for 2015

I love Sam, who wouldn't. But I am on the fence. As for Schneider, he has to go.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

I love Sam, who wouldn't. But I am on the fence. As for Schneider, he has to go.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Agree Bev, can't believe he's in contract talks. That's said with no disrespect, just a realist opinion

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Thank him and move him on.

The team needs to evolve.

We'll be ordinary with him and we'll be ordinary without him, may as well develop a younger player.

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?
ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Wayne42 wrote:Thank him and move him on.

The team needs to evolve.

We'll be ordinary with him and we'll be ordinary without him, may as well develop a younger player.
My question who will Sam hold back next year? Last time I checked we're playing our best Ava defenders. Fisher also can kick under pressure. We need him for another year

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Spud
Club Player
Location: Near the You Yangs, or as my wife used to call it, the Dugongs.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Need him and Dempster in the backline. Our young guys aren't up to it at the moment.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
ace
Saintsational Legend

We have to fill out a large percentage of the salary cap even though the present playing list is not deserving.
If we over pay young players they get a false sense of what they should be paid like Luke Ball.

Better to give Fisher an overly generous one year send-off contract thus retaining plenty of space in the cap for season 2016.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Those still basking in 09/10 and hoping that a 'revival' from our older experienced players to push us up the ladder are going to be seriously disappointed.

Those talking of the 'teacher' 'student' transition should also stop their dreaming.

We are on the BOTTOM. Start dealing with it.

We will will only improve from the bottom up.

Our rise up the ladder will ONLY be from the following factors:

1. Coaching/Development/Experience/Improvement from players 19-24.
2. Recruitment/Drafting
3. Trading
4. List/Salary cap Mgt.
5. Luck/Psychology

Signing or not of people like Chips has ZERO affect on our future ladder position.Besides emotional 'feelings' for duffle coat wearing fans it is a question of no importance or consequence at all.

BUT
If I was list manager I would keep 2/3 of Dempster/Gwilt/Fisher.

One of them simply HAS to go.
Id also say goodbye to BOTH Schneider and Jones.

If the club thinks finishing bottom and keeping the same Salary Cap structure and 'mates' super fund is ok for team culture- well its no wonder its the least successful in AFL/VFL history.

Get professional. Grow nuts. Its not a mates superannuation club.

P.S
From the history of saints.com.au as a PR tool - we almost know 100% that its articles are accurate so the fact they wrote this article tells me that ii it is certain Fisher HAS already signed for 2015.
+1000

Pearls of wisdom in every sentence Con. Too many duffle coat wearing board members perhaps?

The youth cannot be the support cast. I think unless St Kilda allows the next generation to take on the challenge as the leading cast in the rebuild then we are kidding ourselves about climbing up the ladder.

Keeping on older players helps their bank balances not the clubs. The bank balances of individual players has ZERO correlation to the footy club. The club will find more sponsorship and sell more memberships when we are winning more games of footy. Embrace the future and the let the youth lead and drive the change.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Honestly is this really a post?

I feel sorry for people who feel this way.

Signing or not signing Chips is 100% irrelevant to our club and its success.

Those still basking in 09/10 and hoping that a 'revival' from our older experienced players to push us up the ladder are going to be seriously disappointed.

Those talking of the 'teacher' 'student' transition should also stop their dreaming.

We are on the BOTTOM. Start dealing with it.

We will will only improve from the bottom up.

Our rise up the ladder will ONLY be from the following factors:

1. Coaching/Development/Experience/Improvement from players 19-24.
2. Recruitment/Drafting
3. Trading
4. List/Salary cap Mgt.
5. Luck/Psychology

Signing or not of people like Chips has ZERO affect on our future ladder position.Besides emotional 'feelings' for duffle coat wearing fans it is a question of no importance or consequence at all.

BUT
If I was list manager I would keep 2/3 of Dempster/Gwilt/Fisher.

One of them simply HAS to go.
Id also say goodbye to BOTH Schneider and Jones.

If the club thinks finishing bottom and keeping the same Salary Cap structure and 'mates' super fund is ok for team culture- well its no wonder its the least successful in AFL/VFL history.

Get professional. Grow nuts. Its not a mates superannuation club.

P.S
From the history of saints.com.au as a PR tool - we almost know 100% that its articles are accurate so the fact they wrote this article tells me that ii it is certain Fisher HAS already signed for 2015.
Gwilt will definitely play in the forward line from now on I would think, given our lack of scoreboard pressure of late. He is the only foil for Roo, given Schneider looks cooked and Stanley will probably ruck if Hickey or Longer are ever injured/out of form. He has only just turned 28 and has two years left.
Fisher has to stay as he stops midfields and half backs breaking the lines and kicking the ball goal side of our defenders. At 32/33 next year will be his last season you'd think, but boy, do we need him.
Dempster will be 31 next year but as it looks like the young guy we recruited to play as a key defender, Bruce, is probably going to play up forward and be good at it, we will need another experienced defender along with Fisher to keep the defence together. This especially so, given the new role Gwilt has (see above).

Not about mates - about crap recruiting for years, and the inability of guys like Markworth to get out there and actually play senior footy.

But Schneider and Jones are definitely in their final years at the club. Gwilt to replace Schnieder in the forward line and Weller to replace Jones.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Been a fine servant of the football club...but also of many clubs after hours. Has certainly cashed in on his life as a celebrity footballer.

Not sure that's quite the example I want being set for our young kids. But if he trains the house down and proves he wants it bad this summer, sure, I think he's worth it.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote:
But Schneider and Jones are definitely in their final years at the club. Gwilt to replace Schnieder in the forward line and Weller to replace Jones.
final years?

Wayne42
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
samuraisaint wrote:
final years?
He's feeling generous.

Until the club actually starts delisting players it's all a guessing game.

How many will get delisted ? Who might they be ?

The Saints are under review, will it make any difference to the underachievers ?