GWS to get pick 1

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: GWS to get pick 1

jaxons wrote:
evertonfc wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:I really want Petracca, however I must admit with DP 4 coming back as well - I'd probably start to sway a bit though....
Well If those two + #4 are on the table, we should be talking.
Why would we give GWS pick 1 for two blokes who have already left their club even if they gave us pick 4 back.
Please.
:idea:

Hey Jaxons, next time one of our more generous Saintsationalists has something of value for sale, I'll let you know so you can make them a special offer. :wink:

But we'd need to work something out first so we are not bidding against each other.

or...,

We could work something out first so it 'looked like' we were bidding against each other. :twisted:

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:
Kernal75 wrote:Make no mistake this deal is on. I have no information or inside knowledge but the more I hear from Trout and Pelchen the more I think Petracca will end up at GWS. The rhetoric has changed somewhat over the last few days from "it has to be an outstanding deal" to "that's the type of deal were looking at". I get a huge hunch that it's just the finer details to be thrashed out before the week begins and we trade it out. Not sure they're keen on McCartin so Jacksch, O'Rourke and aNother midfielder with a teens pick may appeal. Not sure how I feel about it tbh?
I promise you no matter what we will not be trading for pick 1 for pick 4 and Jacksch and O'Rourke.
You can choose to not believe me but I guarantee this will not happen.
GWS would love this but will not happen.

This is the best news I have received all day!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
jaxons wrote:
Kernal75 wrote:Make no mistake this deal is on. I have no information or inside knowledge but the more I hear from Trout and Pelchen the more I think Petracca will end up at GWS. The rhetoric has changed somewhat over the last few days from "it has to be an outstanding deal" to "that's the type of deal were looking at". I get a huge hunch that it's just the finer details to be thrashed out before the week begins and we trade it out. Not sure they're keen on McCartin so Jacksch, O'Rourke and aNother midfielder with a teens pick may appeal. Not sure how I feel about it tbh?
I promise you no matter what we will not be trading for pick 1 for pick 4 and Jacksch and O'Rourke.
You can choose to not believe me but I guarantee this will not happen.
GWS would love this but will not happen.

This is the best news I have received all day!
Thank goodness. J + J + 4 could yield us 3 GOPS or worse..... Rather take one likely gun.

Happy to use later picks on them though.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The main problem IMO in swapping pick 1 for 4 (with players and/or extra draft picks) is that pick 4 is currently Wright.

I am very dubious about using early picks of ruck/forward types as I believe that they are less certain to succeed than other positions. They can be not quite good enough as key forwards, and not quite good enough as rucks. ie Kruser Fraser, Kosi etc.. Yes Kosi went on to have a pretty reasonable career. But as a No 2, under-delivered.

So that might mean that we then use 4 on Durdin, Laverde, Lever etc...which means that we may not get the full value of a trade.

When Pick 4 was 3...and this was one of Petracca, Brayshaw or McCartin it was a much more attractive potential deal for us.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Rick88

I couldn't agree more... But from what I've heard/read the dogs are keen on moving up to pick 3 and securing Wright. They already have a couple of medium forwards of similar size to McCartin in Stringer and Crameri so Wright would be of more appeal to them. Depending on what happens with pick 2 or 3 really determines how I feel about this.

Also, in saying the above, I bumped into Christian Petracca at the Listen Out festival on Saturday! He is a big boy and he loved that my brother and I recognised him. We asked him if he was going to get to the Saints and he said he hoped so with a huge smile on his face. Seems like a top person as well. Think we should just take him!

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Rick88 wrote:Also, in saying the above, I bumped into Christian Petracca at the Listen Out festival on Saturday! He is a big boy and he loved that my brother and I recognised him. We asked him if he was going to get to the Saints and he said he hoped so with a huge smile on his face. Seems like a top person as well. Think we should just take him!
Fantastic news. I love when guys are genuinely excited about playing at our club.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:
Rick88 wrote:Also, in saying the above, I bumped into Christian Petracca at the Listen Out festival on Saturday! He is a big boy and he loved that my brother and I recognised him. We asked him if he was going to get to the Saints and he said he hoped so with a huge smile on his face. Seems like a top person as well. Think we should just take him!
Fantastic news. I love when guys are genuinely excited about playing at our club.
Same.

Though realistically he'll be playing for us, the Dees or moving to Greater Western Sydney, so I reckon the Saints would be high on his wish list Image

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
St Chris wrote:
Same.

Though realistically he'll be playing for us, the Dees or moving to Greater Western Sydney, so I reckon the Saints would be high on his wish list Image

Wouldn't the Dees be pretty appealing with Paul Roos coaching. Anyway lets face it he was never going to say anything different. Of course he is excited. He is the number one pick. Who wouldn't be.

FQF
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
St Chris wrote:
Same.

Wouldn't the Dees be pretty appealing with Paul Roos coaching. Anyway lets face it he was never going to say anything different. Of course he is excited. He is the number one pick. Who wouldn't be.
Not sure how appealing it would be to join Melbourne who can't shake its losing culture with or without Roos.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

jaxons wrote:We are not stupid everton.
I appreciate you being here jaxons.

Let's hope that Membrey isn't done for a pick inside the top 50, then. Fourth-rounder, no more. (Was a pick #47, only played once, out of contract, is willing to walk, wants to come to us).
Why would we give GWS pick 1 for two blokes who have already left their club even if they gave us pick 4 back.
Please.
If you can hold onto Pick 1 and lure them both here, that would be impressive.

What I'm interested in is building a list deep enough to compete for multiple premierships. If we have to be sharp and shrewd to get the right deals done, I'm all for that.
Last edited by evertonfc on Tue 07 Oct 2014 3:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

The selectors for whomever ends up with pick 4 can now at least breathe a little easier... any dud in consideration around that mark will now be gone.

Lets see how good Roos is without the $900K.

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
ace
Saintsational Legend

Rick88 wrote:I couldn't agree more... But from what I've heard/read the dogs are keen on moving up to pick 3 and securing Wright. They already have a couple of medium forwards of similar size to McCartin in Stringer and Crameri so Wright would be of more appeal to them. Depending on what happens with pick 2 or 3 really determines how I feel about this.

Also, in saying the above, I bumped into Christian Petracca at the Listen Out festival on Saturday! He is a big boy and he loved that my brother and I recognised him. We asked him if he was going to get to the Saints and he said he hoped so with a huge smile on his face. Seems like a top person as well. Think we should just take him!
Petracca knows he will certainly go in the top 3.
So as the draft stands at the moment either Petracca goes to the holder of the No 1 pick or he goes to Melbourne.
Why would anyone prefer Melbourne.
Melbourne does not make footballers' careers, they destroy them.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA 50:08
Kris1
Club Player

Well, looks like O'Rourke is off the table anyway, nominated Hawthorn as his preferred destination.

Rosco
Club Player

Kris1 wrote:Well, looks like O'Rourke is off the table anyway, nominated Hawthorn as his preferred destination.
bugger them

Rosco
Club Player

GWS to get pick 1

Kris1 wrote:Well, looks like O'Rourke is off the table anyway, nominated Hawthorn as his preferred destination.
bugger them

(Twice)

Kernal75
Club Player

Given the Jacksch deal also looks unlikely, I'm pretty sure GWS have nothing to offer that will get them pick 1! Looks like another trade period furphy to me!

saint6709
Club Player

Rosco wrote:
bugger them
Well they all want to go to Hawthorn - its not that long ago they swapping footy cards in primary school - and they want to be in the grand final winners team. But they can't all go there and there's more than a week to go - so lets see what happens

Rick88

ace wrote:
Rick88 wrote:I couldn't agree more... But from what I've heard/read the dogs are keen on moving up to pick 3 and securing Wright. They already have a couple of medium forwards of similar size to McCartin in Stringer and Crameri so Wright would be of more appeal to them. Depending on what happens with pick 2 or 3 really determines how I feel about this.

Petracca knows he will certainly go in the top 3.
So as the draft stands at the moment either Petracca goes to the holder of the No 1 pick or he goes to Melbourne.
Why would anyone prefer Melbourne.
Melbourne does not make footballers' careers, they destroy them.
Petracca will only go pick 1. I'm sure most draftees don't really mind where the go though but i was happy to see his genuine excitement when i told him to get to the Saints. It made me excited!

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

Kernal75 wrote:Given the Jacksch deal also looks unlikely, I'm pretty sure GWS have nothing to offer that will get them pick 1! Looks like another trade period furphy to me!
How many times must it be said. They were never going to be part of any deal for pick #1

sheesh :roll:

You are garbage - Enough said
CarlD
Club Player

Terry Wallace indicated on Trade Radio that he thought O'Rourke would be better off going to the Saints - probably made O'Rourke's mind up (to do the opposite!)

Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

CarlD wrote:Terry Wallace indicated on Trade Radio that he thought O'Rourke would be better off going to the Saints - probably made O'Rourke's mind up (to do the opposite!)

Well Box Hill have a new player.

Patronising twat. A fringe player telling the Saints "they ran a close second".

A kid with dodgey hammies thinking he is Chris Judd selecting a club :roll:

Dont say this often but hope the arrogant little s*** fails miserably.

You are garbage - Enough said
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Great

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Great

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

So pick 1 is off the table

Rosco
Club Player

magnifisaint wrote:So pick 1 is off the table
I think it remains on the table. Just a different table. Where it has always been.