RYAN GRIFFIN WANTS OUT

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: RYAN GRIFFIN WANTS OUT

SainterK wrote:
matrix wrote:Its a rabble whether it's players or coaches K.
I've heard the coach isn't too great on a few fronts and players felt confused.
Whatever it is...It seems like rabbleness.
I've heard seniors guys don't given younger players time of day, not sure what's true.

I'd trade him, and land a big forward.

Just read its more about his desire to escape the rat race, and be obscure.
It's a rabble because he never wanted to be captain, was pushed into it and was never comfortable!
That decision has now come home to roost!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
It's a rabble because he never wanted to be captain, was pushed into it and was never comfortable!
That decision has now come home to roost!
Yep its like under 12s. Putting your best player captain. If he doesnt want to be captain dont make him captain. Its pathetic.
Surely someone who wanted the role could have done it. Bobby Murphy or Boyd could have kept going.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:
SainterK wrote:Why's is it a rabble Matrix?

All I've heard is Macca tells them the truth and they can't take it.

Head wobblers that date back to the Darcy and co days IMHO.

Sick of these player mutinies.

Suck it up and leave it to the board.
Darcy, Johnson, Gianserabitch, Murphy, Hargrave and now Cooney and Griffin.

No wonder Aker left. He was there to win and 'Johnno' shot him down for it. Despite his good guy persona, the bloke comes across as a right arsehole who was head of a rather crappy unsuccessful table.

In the end, they are all a bunch of whinging little soft receivers that are getting slaughtered by a new coach.

The Dogs will be fine and this will speed up the rebuild.

If the club was somehow able to get pick 4, 6 and 7 with an early second round pick...win.
I have to agree. The time to sink the boots into the Dogs is surely upon us.
They come across as a bunch of really s*** blokes. Darce is head flog and supposed to be a great bloke because he wears nice suits. 'Johnno' is supposedly a 'good guy' because he smiles a lot. Remember when they all made a huge song and dance about sacking Aker and saying how great blokes they all were and how great their 'culture' was and blaming him for everything under the sun and then crowding around in a circle and singing their song with gusto like utter flogs. I just thought that whole performance was so sad and just so fake. He has 3 flags - you flogs have none. And of course on queue the very next week they went back to being themselves with an absolute insipid performance and got flogged but with ... err... umm.... no outsiders to blame...

Then Gordon - another bloke i used to think was alright. But he has behaved like an utter sleazeball since this Bombers fiasco started - so he seems like a disingenous flog as well. No wonder Ryan wants to leave.

Of course Robbo was on SEN crapping on about how the players only wanted to leave because the coach wad 'tough' and 'demanding' and they couldnt handle it.
Like all a coach has to do is be 'tough' and hey presto its flag time. Many f_knuckles have tried and failed at that game and just looked like try hards trying to 'assert their authority' over imbecilic or trivial matters ...(Watters, Neeld, Sanderson etc etc etc....)
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Thu 09 Oct 2014 11:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

It's refreshing to see all these shamozles at other clubs for once instead of our great club.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
bigred
Saintsational Legend

This one is huge.

Club captain walks out basically. Will most definitely be traded. No going back after this.

I have it on good authority that the Doggies coach is just a hard arse. Does not mince words and tells them how it is. Hard truth session at the end of the season got most of the senior players off side completely. Hence the trade period. Whole bunch of kids that reckon they should have been playing in the 1's as a walk up start too. Substantial lack of respect within the group's younger players.

Gen Y sense of entitlement? Pure selfishness and lack of fortitude IMO. s*** effort basically.

The dogs should go hammer and tongs and bend GWS over for the trade. Take them for everything they can get.

So glad this is not the Saints for once.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:
SainterK wrote:Why's is it a rabble Matrix?

All I've heard is Macca tells them the truth and they can't take it.

Head wobblers that date back to the Darcy and co days IMHO.

Sick of these player mutinies.

Suck it up and leave it to the board.
Darcy, Johnson, Gianserabitch, Murphy, Hargrave and now Cooney and Griffin.

No wonder Aker left. He was there to win and 'Johnno' shot him down for it. Despite his good guy persona, the bloke comes across as a right arsehole who was head of a rather crappy unsuccessful table.

In the end, they are all a bunch of whinging little soft receivers that are getting slaughtered by a new coach.

The Dogs will be fine and this will speed up the rebuild.

If the club was somehow able to get pick 4, 6 and 7 with an early second round pick...win.
I have to agree. The time to sink the boots into the Dogs is surely upon us.
They come across as a bunch of really s*** blokes. Darce is head flog and supposed to be a great bloke because he wears nice suits. 'Johnno' is supposedly a 'good guy' because he smiles a lot. Remember when they all made a huge song and dance about sacking Aker and saying how great blokes they all were and how great their 'culture' was and blaming him for everything under the sun and then crowding around in a circle and singing their song with gusto like utter flogs. I just thought that whole performance was so sad and just so fake. He has 3 flags - you flogs have none. And of course on queue the very next week they went back to being themselves with an absolute insipid performance and got flogged but with ... err... umm.... no outsiders to blame...

Then Gordon - another bloke i used to think was alright. But he has behaved like an utter sleazeball since this Bombers fiasco started - so he seems like a disingenous flog as well. No wonder Ryan wants to leave.

Of course Robbo was on SEN crapping on about how the players only wanted to leave because the coach wad 'tough' and 'demanding' and they couldnt handle it.
Like all a coach has to do is be 'tough' and hey presto its flag time. Many f_knuckles have tried and failed at that game and just looked like try hards trying to 'assert their authority' over imbecilic or trivial matters ...(Watters, Neeld, Sanderson etc etc etc....)
So you don't like them?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Bunk_Moreland
SS Life Member

If Griffen is made to stay, how in hell will he play with the teammates he was supposed to lead.

All respect for him would have evaporated.

He has shown to have a very poor character.

Dogs have to trade him out.

Corrosive influence down there.

You are garbage - Enough said
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Clearly pushed out by the club desperate to get a key forward onto the list. Anyone who thinks Griffen has left on his own doing is a kidding themselves.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

It's too late for the Dogs to be demanding at the trade table - they are the ones with the issue if this trade doesn't go through. not GWS. If I were GWS I would offer them a big forward and a late pick then tell them to get stuffed. If this doesn't go through then the Dogs are stuck with a player who doesn't want to be there for a whole year and who can then refuse to go anywhere but GWS next year once his contract is up. Dogs shouldn't have come out with the big macho statement yesterday. It never helps your trades to air your dirty linen in public......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Clearly pushed out by the club desperate to get a key forward onto the list. Anyone who thinks Griffen has left on his own doing is a kidding themselves.
I think you are completely wrong from what I have heard. he wants to go. Had enough. Having said that if a deal cant be done then sometimes players stay and stay for the resy of their career. Wayne Campbell was the same at the Tigers and went on and played another 100 games. May also have been captain at the time.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Seemingly the WB find themselves in a similar position to us at the end of 2013
BUT our Admin decided to jettison our coach prior to Trade time whereas WB Admin appear to have decided to stick with their coach and hope to convince (bully?) their discontented players back into line.
Seems like that strategy isn't working too well.
I'm looking forward for the media to put 'pressure' on Gordon and Garlick over their handling of this situation.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:Clearly pushed out by the club desperate to get a key forward onto the list. Anyone who thinks Griffen has left on his own doing is a kidding themselves.
I think you are completely wrong from what I have heard. he wants to go. Had enough. Having said that if a deal cant be done then sometimes players stay and stay for the resy of their career. Wayne Campbell was the same at the Tigers and went on and played another 100 games. May also have been captain at the time.

Dogs are desperate to get a key forward and Griffen at 29 wont be there for there next flag chance and holds currency. Being asked to think more seriously about GWS offer by the WB would have been enough to tip him over.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Dogs are desperate to get a key forward and Griffen at 29 wont be there for there next flag chance and holds currency. Being asked to think more seriously about GWS offer by the WB would have been enough to tip him over.

I don't care about his age or what they need. Griffin wants to go and the WB want him to stay. They want Cooney to go but definitely not Griffin.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I don't care about his age or what they need. Griffin wants to go and the WB want him to stay. They want Cooney to go but definitely not Griffin.

I dont believe it at all. Players just dont decide to leave mid trade period while contracted and even more so captain of the club.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

Anyone hear Cam Mooney (Flog, but also Dogs Development Coach) on trade radio late yesterday arvo???

Pretty straight forward. Said GWS offer had been on the table for months. Also said Cooney was gone. Basically told them both to get their hat and coat and get the **** out.

No doubt they'll replay it 50 times today!!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I dont believe it at all. Players just dont decide to leave mid trade period while contracted and even more so captain of the club.

Lets just see how illogical your thinking is. Forgetting that I know for a fact you are wrong because I could be lying but Im not you think the WB told Griffin to go but then basically attacked his character. Yep that makes sense. You do realise Griffin's manager would then just come out and say this isn't Griffins idea and put the heat on the WB but no he or Griffin haven't because it isn't what happened. Your idea lacks complete logic from what we have been told in the media.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Lets just see how illogical your thinking is. Forgetting that I know for a fact you are wrong because I could be lying but Im not you think the WB told Griffin to go but then basically attacked his character. Yep that makes sense. You do realise Griffin's manager would then just come out and say this isn't Griffins idea and put the heat on the WB but no he or Griffin haven't because it isn't what happened. Your idea lacks complete logic from what we have been told in the media.

Yep just so happens GWS have exactly what the WB need and thats the club Griffen has chosen. Given there was talk earlier that the Dogs were keen to get hold of a pick in the top 4 Griffen wanting to leave is defanatley two way.

Schillaci
Club Player

Can't believe it. Captain wanting out is huge. Bulldogs turn to have a hellish off season.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yep just so happens GWS have exactly what the WB need and thats the club Griffen has chosen. Given there was talk earlier that the Dogs were keen to get hold of a pick in the top 4 Griffen wanting to leave is defanatley two way.
No it isn't. Its illogical that Griffin cops all the heat. Why would he agree to that? And it isn't true anyway. You are 100% wrong.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

No it isn't. Its illogical that Griffin cops all the heat. Why would he agree to that? And it isn't true anyway. You are 100% wrong.

Defanatly two way the WB have clearly asked him if he'd think about going and thats what he has chosen to do.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:

Defanatly two way the WB have clearly asked him if he'd think about going and thats what he has chosen to do.

Curly you can keep saying it but its still wrong. Can you give me any logical reason why Griffin would agree to cop all the heat for something you initially claimed was the WB idea. Illogical and 100% wrong.

HitTheBoundary
SS Hall of Fame

This makes the the Bulldogs football club look like fools and a rabble, upsets supporters and sponsors, and put pressure back on the coach.

Why would the club do this deliberately?

Saint wagga
Club Player

Jake Niall article in the Age sums it up well...I like this guys articles. He's generally on the money and has a nice way with words!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

HitTheBoundary wrote:This makes the the Bulldogs football club look like fools and a rabble, upsets supporters and sponsors, and put pressure back on the coach.

Also if it was the WB idea how would the conversation had gone with Griffin. Would it be we want you to go to GWS in Sydney even though you are captain of our club. By the way you will get less money and also we will say it was all your idea and you can cop all the heat. Yep im sure Griffin would jump at that. Of course he wanted to go.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
HitTheBoundary wrote:This makes the the Bulldogs football club look like fools and a rabble, upsets supporters and sponsors, and put pressure back on the coach.

Also if it was the WB idea how would the conversation had gone with Griffin. Would it be we want you to go to GWS in Sydney even though you are captain of our club. By the way you will get less money and also we will say it was all your idea and you can cop all the heat. Yep im sure Griffin would jump at that. Of course he wanted to go.

Pretty simple really the WB go to Griffen tell they understand there is a huge offer on the table from GWS and if he wanted to go they wouldnt stand in his way. Please let us know so we can hit GWS for a young key forward or a top 4 pick to get White or McCARTIN.